Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Reviewer designed hardware

AVF Regular

Reviewer designed hardware

It seems like a real bandwagon the last year or so where reviewers are designing attys & mods for the big Chinese companies. The expertise of a lot of reviewers would seem lacking as far as I can see as they say & do some silly things.
    I just bought the Innokin Ares tank thinking that P Bussardo would at least get the basics right & put out a very good tank but so far I'm a little underwhelmed by it's performance. I get a much better vape from my Rose V3 clone, Siren V1 & my favorite Origin Little clone sqonker atty. The Siren V1 has some small leaking at the sir control ring but vapes cooler than the Ares & I'm wondering if the domed chimney is the cause of this as the deck looks just the same as the Siren V1 deck that has a flat chimney.
    Have you all been impressed with reviewer designed hardware?
    Fatman, DogMan, AllyP and 1 others like this.

AVF Regular
    Busardo got all ranty in youtube comments with another reviewer who didn't gush over his RTA. Think it was vic.

Busardo went back later and said he was jet lagged and hung over and apologised.

I haven't purchased any of them, and don't intend to.

But some companies send djlsb samples of their own design and ask what he would change. And ime he does suggest improvements, mostly being interface tweaks on mods. I think dicodes should hit him up for a user friendly menu system
    AllyP likes this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The Vaping Ego's
    giruvian, rodbam, DocM and 3 others like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    I personally haven't bought mods or tanks based on any particular reviewer/designer, the first thing I do when I see something was designed by a reviewer is check multiple reviews for the product from lots of different sources.
    I was blown away by how good the VGOD RDTA was when I tried it and checked the site to find it was designed by professionals. I don't know if any of the professionals are reviewers though but they certainly got that design right, best flavour tank I ever had.

You are right though rod, seems a lot of the better known reviewers are jumping on the bandwagon and cashing in these days, can't blame em really but the least they could do is make sure the item is up to scratch.
    Wouldn't be surprised to find out they just use their name with no actual input.
    rodbam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Ones I like and have in no order
    Suck My Mod RTA
    Dead Rabbit RDA
    Bonza RDA
    Recoil Rebel RDA
    Pulse 22 and 24 and mod
    Drop RDA

I don't like
    Aura RDA, was expecting better from DJLSB

Not a bad hit rate in my experience
    rodbam likes this.

Super Moderator
    Being the Vaping Dinosaur I am , the whole marriage between "designer" and "reviewer" is just yet another attempt to cash in on popularity and net presence rather than letting a good design sell itself.

Older vapers will remember the time when vaping designs came from altruistic community interaction and passion, mixed with the desire to achieve a goal that was relevant... yes back then , "revelations" were far and few between, but also your senses were not assualted with 10,000 "this is the BEST atty I have tried this month/week/hour" How many "reviewers" even look at stuff they don't get sent for free, or have an agreement in place with these days?

No doubt every reviewer on the planet will argue with me over that point, but lets face reality folks ... how many atomisers have YOU bought where you have thought " Ok that works , Shyte Hot" , and never gone on to buy another? No there is ALWAYS something bigger and better , and the cash cow gets fed and people's wallets get fatter, and you the vaper has something to talk about for a week ... until your next purchase

There are of course reviewers who do know what they are on about and probably could contribute "something" , but I wonder how many of them are metallurgist's, can run a lathe, understand design principles, have a degree in fluid dynamics, or actually INVENT something? I hazard to guess that most such involvement is akin to ... hmmm small chambers give better flavour( I read it on the interweb) so make it small ... oh and make the airflow "something" ....

Its a little bit like because some guy is good at the game "Operation" .. I can admire his steady hand ... but I dont want the fecker doing my bowel resection

And yet .... it sells
    giruvian, gtadmin, btobw and 7 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Being the Vaping Dinosaur I am , the whole marriage between "designer" and "reviewer" is just yet another attempt to cash in on popularity and net presence rather than letting a good design sell itself.

Older vapers will remember the time when vaping designs came from altruistic community interaction and passion, mixed with the desire to achieve a goal that was relevant... yes back then , "revelations" were far and few between, but also your senses were not assualted with 10,000 "this is the BEST atty I have tried this month/week/hour" How many "reviewers" even look at stuff they don't get sent for free, or have an agreement in place with these days?

No doubt every reviewer on the planet will argue with me over that point, but lets face reality folks ... how many atomisers have YOU bought where you have thought " Ok that works , Shyte Hot" , and never gone on to buy another? No there is ALWAYS something bigger and better , and the cash cow gets fed and people's wallets get fatter, and you the vaper has something to talk about for a week ... until your next purchase

There are of course reviewers who do know what they are on about and probably could contribute "something" , but I wonder how many of them are metallurgist's, can run a lathe, understand design principles, have a degree in fluid dynamics, or actually INVENT something? I hazard to guess that most such involvement is akin to ... hmmm small chambers give better flavour( I read it on the interweb) so make it small ... oh and make the airflow "something" ....

Its a little bit like because some guy is good at the game "Operation" .. I can admire his steady hand ... but I dont want the fecker doing my bowel resection

And yet .... it sells
    Oh yeah, liked x10 ... I was going to reply with something like this ... just a bit more concise Now I don't have to
    giruvian, Fatman, rodbam and 3 others like this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    nice rant fats

i was just thinking today how many newer vapers tell people RDA wicks should be short, just touch the base, seemingly only because s_x_d etc said it 6 years ago with cyclones and don't understand WHY

really, in a 24mm rda with centred squonk pin, wicks can be longer as a way of tweaking air flow, as long as they don't cover the pin

it was just when 14mm was standard that short wick took off
    giruvian, Fatman, rodbam and 2 others like this.
    "Vapers- The evangelical vegans of the smoking community"
    Quote Originally Posted by btobw View Post
    1 vote for DogMan because squonkers, dogs, chooks and brevity

AVF Regular
    Yes Rod you are onto it - I saw all the hype for the Ares but after reading lots of different thoughts - it was a no go Zone for me & much the same for the Bonza although havent watched one of his reviews for more than a second due to his lack of vocabulary.
    But I agree with FM its just these guys cashing in and its working for them so far - interesting if you look back at reviews there is a distinct difference in the newer ones to the old reviews & reeks of payoffs to me.
    There have been some spectacular fail purchases for me after a short love affair.
    Currently loving the Siren V2 but this time I will be sticking to just one for at least a month before buying another.
    I always end up back nearly where I started with the Mini Nautilus, the Kabuki & thanks to peeps here & elsewhere - The mighty Vika.
    This weeks lesson to self - live in the happy vaping moment - damn sight cheaper and avoid reviews by corrupted Vapers.
    giruvian, Fatman, DogMan and 3 others like this.
    Tootle Puffing Provari Fan Gal & Newbie Squonker

AVF Regular
    Scott
    The only reviewer to take half seriously

His review on the super T atty is brilliant
    giruvian, Fatman, rodbam and 1 others like this.
    RIP 22.12.2016

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast