• 1 Post By emu
  • 2 Post By 1ynne
  • 3 Post By rebelagainstthemachine
  • 2 Post By emu

Thread: Sub ohm drop in coil tanks

AVF Regular

Sub ohm drop in coil tanks

Bugger it - my heads being done in and I have to ask someone

Long story short I went to a far away forum in another land to ask about sub ohm tanks that have 'drop in coils' (its a new term I learned there- I suddenly feel 31337 ) or rather premade coils - Just cause I wanna stock up alot on the new stuff and be done with the old - I have had a taste of the new and like the newer alot better anyways

The request was for a warm vape in which I could switch from mouth to lung and to direct lung if I wanted to - the coils would have to manage thick vg sweet custard based juices as well- (and frankly I like the vapor, mouthfeel and flavour I have been getting )

One of the main condition of the tank I really need is coil availability cause I will buy alot of them over time - because i am a medicalization day prepper

anyways these are the suggestions I was given by the people kind enough to answer a random stranger in their home

Uwell Valyrian Tank

uwell crown 3 mini

Vaporesso Estoc Mega

ego ONE mega v2 tank

Uwell Crown (strandard?)

tobeco super tank

also someone I spoke to mentioned the melo and ello and eleaf GS

(baby tanks are giving me sh*ts - when they are good they are great when not they are purely annoying and the revvo is taking its sweet arsed time getting here - maybe on monday or tuesday I hope... )

I know google is my friend - but even for an old hat at this is cr*p its alot of info to try and sort through - which tank takes what coils and which is the best value for money etc

So if you have any ideas or preferences or know something about the value of these tanks or which ones I should rule out I would really appreciate it

Thanks in advance

Oh and in before build your coils - NO! I refuse!
    1ynne likes this.
    ďBut I donít want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."
    "How do you know Iím mad?" said Alice.
    "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldnít have come here.Ē
    Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comic Database: Steve Hughes... Offended?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHMoDt3nSHs

emu
    AVF Regular
    Eleaf GS is strictly a MTL tank reb, just tried the Ello MTL (what a terrible way to vape) but it worked ok'ish much better as a slightly restricted DL tank. Melo 3 seem to be having a lot of probs with airlock lately which leads me to believe the coils are being so mass produced that the quality has declined a lot since I was using one. Although I do have a couple of RBA heads for them but no tank now as I gave it away, so I don't know about pre-made coils anymore they all seem to be crap going by latest reports. I was going to suggest the Melo 4 but dunno now.

You can buy ready made coils for RBA decks and just fit them without the horror of winding your own around a drill bit (so hard hey) which would open your possibilities immensely * hides*

Heard a lot of good reports about the dolphin AIO which caters to DL and MTL with the swap of the coil unit, very easy to use no fuss so a few of them could be the go if you want simple. I don't think I'm qualified for any good advice on those parameters you set though and might leave it to the experts to chime in.

All I keep hearing is this
    (and frankly I like the vapor, mouthfeel and flavour I have been getting )
    The other option for reliable high VG vaping is squonking but you would have to be taught how easy building is first, I won't sleep tonight dwelling on your predicament

AVF Regular
    The revvo is a great dl tank but really cant see it working as a mtl and you will need to fire it at about 80 watts

The Vaporesso Estoc tank is restricted DL with the airflow wide open so should be able to do mtl as well, it takes the euc coils that are basically just the main (centre) working part of the atlantis coils and just drop in place, they can handle 70% vg no problems, but the MEGA may be a different beast...............

Melo 3 takes any of the atlantis, eleaf ec, vaporesso cCell and other brands of coils and will do either restricted DL or mtl with no problems plus the coil range makes them good for any type of juice

AVF Regular
    Sorry Reb, but, as a person who said loudly and defiantly, I am never going to make my own coils, I can honestly say, that my best vaping experience, my happy place, my vaping that will last me for ever if the expected vapeageddon strikes, only came from moving to making my own coils prior to that.. Aspire BVC coils were my drop in coil of choice and I would suggest the Coil Man in Qld, for the best prices.... but - I emptied my supply vault - once I moved to winding a simple coils and pulling some cotton/rayon through and I will be happy for ever after . if winding a coil is an issue you can buy pre wound coils that just need wicking.... and um err... I would suggest that talking to more experience wonder gods, like Mr Emu... about the longevity and ease .... and taking a deep breath... and giving it a try ... is seriously worth investigating .. here endeth the lesson..

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

emu
    AVF Regular
    I love you girls, yous make me feel special like an eagle rather than an emu. . .

AVF Regular
    Lol its not that I cant actually roll a coil ... I have a russian and a kayfun clone in the cupboard along with a couple others that i cant remember the name of - that have been dragged out of the cupboards occasionally -

(yep I bought a bunch of premade coils for em too and I have full intention of updating the rebuildables in case we are advocated by well meaners into medicalisation

No its more for health reasons (that I cant/ wont discuss) where I am concerned - and if my health wont get better it will simply get worse - so I really kinda need to cover my bases here

Simplicity for me is best so money on premades is a must - if it comes to rebuildables I will make sure I have those too - but only as a back up while I work out how to manage them without help if things get worse for me (am hoping they get better )

Quote Originally Posted by 1ynne View Post
    Sorry Reb, but, as a person who said loudly and defiantly, I am never going to make my own coils, I can honestly say, that my best vaping experience, my happy place, my vaping that will last me for ever if the expected vapeageddon strikes, only came from moving to making my own coils prior to that.. Aspire BVC coils were my drop in coil of choice and I would suggest the Coil Man in Qld, for the best prices.... but - I emptied my supply vault - once I moved to winding a simple coils and pulling some cotton/rayon through and I will be happy for ever after . if winding a coil is an issue you can buy pre wound coils that just need wicking.... and um err... I would suggest that talking to more experience wonder gods, like Mr Emu... about the longevity and ease .... and taking a deep breath... and giving it a try ... is seriously worth investigating .. here endeth the lesson..
    1ynne likes this.
    "Oh, you canít help that," said the Cat: "weíre all mad here. Iím mad. Youíre mad."

emu
    AVF Regular
    I get ya now reb, 2 tanks I've been looking at for you are the Asvape Cobra and the Vaporesso NRG, both are pre-made coils and don't leak.

I know how much you enjoy searching the web so I'll leave that to you to do lol.

AVF Regular
    gotcha reb.. gotcha... and Now I hate you !!!! not really but you made me think about this all damm day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always had.. a 'when all goes pear shaped and I cant do much' kinda back up... for me it was any tank that took the Aspire BVC coils - so I had Silo, Vika and original nautilus... but in a sudden rush of OPTIMISM.. I ditched them ALL. !

I then had a Pico Rose.. which .. is rebuildable and also takes that CLR coil thingy.. it was lovely - so I gave it to a friend.. it was a clone but a lovely clone..

and then, recently I have had two 'events' in which I reinjured clunky hands... and the only thing that saved me was being so anal that I had rebuilt Hadaly RDA.. wicked ready and waiting.. and a Siren recoiled and just needing wicking.. on both occasions they saw me through - but.. damm you - you have made me re think this

I kinda had my eye on the Dolphin.. plasticcy thing.. but if ya press the button just right I am sure it would sing "Thanks for the Fish"

or - as long as I can stop myself giving it away to a new vaper.. maybe and Endura T20 - I started with an Endura T18 and T22... and the coils were OK- I suspect the secret is finding the coil that suits you and then searching from there BUT but I am interested to see what you decide

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.

AVF Regular
    Lol you sound like the kinda person that would put a saint to shame - aside from that wicked streak I now see LOL!!!

I dont envy you tho on the broken/ clunky hands thing tho - the whole health thing in consideration is a bugger isnt it and not something that we really often talk about or mention anywhere really -

But Ill make an order in the next day or so for a couple and post when I do - Im too erratic and changeable to decide which right now this minute- so guess I will be looking at this list now and going from there

I really have appreciated the imput tho - just so many choices nowadays....

Thinking also all that aside _ I might really need to offer Fractal a heartfelt public apology on his anarchy thing (although I am still not convinced its anarchy exactly )

Oh watch for my sig link change - Ill change it now to something random shortly for the moment - but have been toying with something that will help me reconcile with not updating posts here - just need big midget to look over it when she gets back from Melbourne to help with technical difficulties.. dun da run dun DUNNN!!!

Those cats of yours tho are still pretty hypnotizing
    Last edited by rebelagainstthemachine; 12-02-18 at 09:45 PM.
    1ynne, rockmoose and emu like this.

emu
    AVF Regular
    Sounds like a plan reb, I'm gunna change me avy then just cause I can