Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Fake batteries?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    While I like and respect ss600 and (also recommend him 100%) this thread makes it sound like if you buy them from anyone but him they are
    fake. I probably wouldn't trust ebay as a rule but they could be legit. I'm probably too late with my reply but I personally wouldn't be so quick to
    throw them. Thats just me though.

I remember a while back there was something to do with LG not selling cells to the vape community. I think they decided to just print these warnings
    instead. I haven't got any with the warning on at the moment to compare with you sorry. I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to find pictures of it online
    on a trusted website.
    My biggest concern was that they arrived fully discharged. Batteries from reputable vendors would be maintained, and transported at around 40% (from memory??).

Fully discharging, and keeping a fully discharged battery will do it harm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Shpondra and Tara like this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Yeah that is a concern but Id still check them out myself. Were they really completely discharged?

I'd never heard of vendors charging batteries to keep them at 40% though. Is that what you mean by 'maintained'? Wouldn't that
    then make them second hand?

I assumed they just turned them over in a time frame that didn't allow them to discharge too much.
    Shpondra likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Yeah that is a concern but Id still check them out myself. Were they really completely discharged?

I'd never heard of vendors charging batteries to keep them at 40% though. Is that what you mean by 'maintained'? Wouldn't that
    then make them second hand?

I assumed they just turned them over in a time frame that didn't allow them to discharge too much.
    Most batts, if turned over in a reasonable time frame, would maintain their 40%. If stock sits on the shelf for a few months it would need a boost charge. Remember all the hoohaa a year or so ago, regarding the chocolates? They were discontinued by LG for a long time, because they had become the most common dodgy rewrap. They are back on the market now, and I for one, will be getting some more, because they are my favorite battery. I wouldn't think any of the 'new' ones have been on the market long enough to discharge on the shelf, making me even more concerned the batts in question are from the dodgy rewrap period.

One other point you did raise, that I agree with wholeheartedly, is that ss600 are by no means the ONLY reputable vendor. I personally just know, and trust his product completely, so see no reason to look further afield for such a cheap, yet important part of my vaping experience.

Shpondra, DogMan and DocM like this.

AVF Regular
    They came fully discharged and with the spelling mistake and the vendor was lightning quick to offer a refund or replacement as soon as I called him out on them being fake.

I'm going to replace all my batteries with SS600 in the next few days when he lets me know which ones are best for my mod.

I go through 4 3000MaH batteries a day currently, that cannot be reasonable.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    And I'm not even sponsored by ss600.

You should be, on a commission only basis Moose..
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    They came fully discharged and with the spelling mistake and the vendor was lightning quick to offer a refund or replacement as soon as I called him out on them being fake.

I'm going to replace all my batteries with SS600 in the next few days when he lets me know which ones are best for my mod.

I go through 4 3000MaH batteries a day currently, that cannot be reasonable.
    Agreed....Not right. I have a Sony VTC5A as a back up that has sat with a full charge for a month & that was still fully charged when I installed it in a mod yesterday.....
    Last edited by DocM; 28-03-19 at 02:30 PM.
    Shpondra and rockmoose like this.
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    Just ordered a full replacement of my batts from supersports600. He was really helpful.

Thanks to everyone here for the advice!
    DogMan and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Most batts, if turned over in a reasonable time frame, would maintain their 40%. If stock sits on the shelf for a few months it would need a boost charge. Remember all the hoohaa a year or so ago, regarding the chocolates? They were discontinued by LG for a long time, because they had become the most common dodgy rewrap. They are back on the market now, and I for one, will be getting some more, because they are my favorite battery. I wouldn't think any of the 'new' ones have been on the market long enough to discharge on the shelf, making me even more concerned the batts in question are from the dodgy rewrap period.

One other point you did raise, that I agree with wholeheartedly, is that ss600 are by no means the ONLY reputable vendor. I personally just know, and trust his product completely, so see no reason to look further afield for such a cheap, yet important part of my vaping experience.

Thats what I meant. I thought vendors would just make sure they turned them over in a reasonable time frame and cut their loses if they didn't.
    I didn't know they charged them Yes I remember the problems but I thought it was longer ago than a year. Who knows. Time just goes so fast
    these days. I do know for sure that they have had the warnings printed on them for at least 2 years.

Shpondra I know you are sorted now but I had a quick look at Mooch's review and he has pics of the warning. The ones he tested also have the
    same spelling mistake. For future reference and anyone who is interested here it is https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/th...2FoBV33hxEt8hw

With the new information about the vendor being quick to offer a refund when questioned and not standing by the product he/she is selling I
    would agree that its best not to use them.
    Shpondra, DocM and rockmoose like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the link. Yeah I don't want to even attempt to charge and use them after the quick refund.

Interesting that Mooch is undecided about the validity of the spelling mistake on them.

As much as I would love to keep them as backup batteries, I think it's best to dispose of them.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    Thanks for the link. Yeah I don't want to even attempt to charge and use them after the quick refund.

Interesting that Mooch is undecided about the validity of the spelling mistake on them.

As much as I would love to keep them as backup batteries, I think it's best to dispose of them.
    If you have an 18650 torch, or something like that, that sucks low amps, they would be fine.

I actually bought an 18650 torch, lantern and head torch, just to use my old batteries that are no longer up to task for vaping.

Shpondra likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12