Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Fake batteries?

AVF Regular

Question Fake batteries?

Hi guys,

It's been ages since I've been here, nice to see a lot of the old faces still posting.

I ordered two LG H2 18650s (brown ones) off an aussie seller on ebay and wondering if they are fakes? They have a Caution blurb printed on them and within this blurb it refers to '-e-cigarattes'.

Is this a common spelling mistake or are they fake, if anyone knows? They came totally de-charged.

Just not sure if they are safe to use or if they are legit and I'm worrying over a spelling mistake. On reddit, people are undecided whether the spelling mistakes are either fake or legit...they didn't come to a conclusion.

I'm trusting the experienced heads here can help me out!
    Cheers!
    Last edited by Shpondra; 27-03-19 at 05:17 PM.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    There is only one battery seller on Ebay that can be trusted, supersports600. If the chocolates were from someone else (and I suspect they were, because ss600 would NEVER send fully discharged batteries), then you have been shafted.

Did you buy them with PayPal? If yes, raise a dispute, get your money back, and buy from ss600.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    DocM likes this.
    Rabid non-smoker since 1630hrs 25/11/2016.

Pebble fondler, living life beyond the vertical.

AVF Regular
    Thanks heaps Rockmoose for the reply.

Yep I used paypal and have messaged them about a refund. They said they will refund.

ss600 I will buy from, or vapeking.

Can I use these or should I just chuck them out?

Thanks.

AVF Regular
    Is it better to buy a battery from a legit aussie vape shop? Or is SS600 definitely okay.

Cheers

AVF Regular
    Regarding your first question, I would just chuck them out. That means tape the ends, and drop them in a battery recycling bin. You just don't know what batteries they are, better to be safe than sorry.

As to your second question, I buy all my batteries from ss600, because he knows his stuff, and checks all batteries. Even good, legitimate vape stores get stitched up sometimes with dodgy rewraps. It's not their doing, but unless each cell is tested, you just don't know. Too many scammers out there, and it's just not worth playing Russian roulette with a potential shrapnel grenade in your mouth.

DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I think I'll chuck out all my current batteries, which seem to lose power so quickly, and buy a bunch from SS600. I've sent him a message on ebay.

I'll dispose of them properly. Can't believe ebay doesn't crack down on these scammers.
    DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpondra View Post
    Hi guys,

It's been ages since I've been here, nice to see a lot of the old faces still posting.

I ordered two LG H2 18650s (brown ones) off an aussie seller on ebay and wondering if they are fakes? They have a Caution blurb printed on them and within this blurb it refers to '-e-cigarattes'.

Is this a common spelling mistake or are they fake, if anyone knows? They came totally de-charged.

Just not sure if they are safe to use or if they are legit and I'm worrying over a spelling mistake. On reddit, people are undecided whether the spelling mistakes are either fake or legit...they didn't come to a conclusion.

I'm trusting the experienced heads here can help me out!
    Cheers!
    First up, the fact you asked is a good move. Well done. Good responses from Rockmoose too. What a guy.......
    Awwww! Stuff it all!

Smokeless from 10/02/15 Thanks immensely to AVFers old guard!
    Heaps of stuff in high rotation

AVF Regular
    And I'm not even sponsored by ss600.

DocM likes this.

AVF Regular
    I posted on the e-cigarette forums too and an Aussie came in and said supersports600 lol.

Legit worldwide.

Thanks peeps
    rockmoose likes this.

AVF Regular
    While I like and respect ss600 and (also recommend him 100%) this thread makes it sound like if you buy them from anyone but him they are
    fake. I probably wouldn't trust ebay as a rule but they could be legit. I'm probably too late with my reply but I personally wouldn't be so quick to
    throw them. Thats just me though.

I remember a while back there was something to do with LG not selling cells to the vape community. I think they decided to just print these warnings
    instead. I haven't got any with the warning on at the moment to compare with you sorry. I imagine it shouldn't be too hard to find pictures of it online
    on a trusted website.
    DocM and rockmoose like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast