Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ProVari vs ProVari Mini

ProVari vs ProVari Mini

Hi guys, looking to invest in either the provari or mini provari shortly. Just wondering if anyone can tell me (Apart from size) if there are any differences. Also could someone tell me what exactly the size difference is (with end caps). Also pros and cons of either. As they are the same price, I dont wanna feel like I have to make a new investment in a months time lol

Super Moderator
    I'll post a pic. Hold up.

Main difference obviously is the size. In the photo above, the provari is using the 18650 extender cap. Natively it takes 18500's with a flat bottom cap similar to the one you see on the mini.
    The mini can also take these 18500's with an extender cap (I don't have one). I prefer them in 18350 mode which gets you about 3ml vaped @ 5.0v.
    They are pretty much one and the same in terms of performance, just battery life differs.
    18650 will get you about a day heavy vaping.
    Last edited by juddyau; 03-05-12 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Juddy, that is a great reference for everyone wanting a size comparison. Now I am really unsure as to which one to buy...

(I wish they came out in the lilac colour that it looks like in this pic )

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Number23 View Post
    Thanks Juddy, that is a great reference for everyone wanting a size comparison. Now I am really unsure as to which one to buy...

(I wish they came out in the lilac colour that it looks like in this pic )
    Depends what you want it for. I leave the goldy at home and take the mini away to work with me (along with the JiBlets). If you can manage a large one all the time I'd go the larger with 18650.
    If you don't mind swapping batts etc even @ home then the mini would suit.

CCC
    Its a shame they are the same price, i would feel getting the bigger one would be better cost wise. Have you seen the Vmax 23, i am considering one of them now, a lot cheaper than the pro.

I have tried both, the Standard size is too long for me and doesnt feel comfortable.

The Mini fits perfectly in my hand.

I get aprox. 3ml per batt on the mini, about 1/2 a day for me. Using Boges in a Liquinator at 4.9v

I have 4 batts on rotation and have never been caugh short, only ever having to charge 2 at night.

I know i have the option to get the exention to use bigger batts but havnt feel the need to. If i did go down this path, it would still be smaller than the standard size.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Its a shame they are the same price, i would feel getting the bigger one would be better cost wise. Have you seen the Vmax 23, i am considering one of them now, a lot cheaper than the pro.
    Yeah saw these... Am waiting on seeing how they hold up. As with any new product, there is always teething probs (Think core 8 lol). I want the blue led screen though
    CCC likes this.

I actually use my standard provari in 18500 mode now as I like the size versus battery life, 18350 wouldn't be quite enough battery life for me, or enough of a size difference for me to buy a mini.

But I think either way you wont be too dissappointed, its not hard to just swap over a battery in your pocket if you have too, takes the same time as grabbing a pack of smokes and lighting one. I still use many small battery mods all the time out and about and take 2 spare batteries with me in a case in my pocket.

Either way you go grab the extension caps, and a couple of spare springs when you order it gives you flexibility.

You do need to have good battery management when you have the mini out and about, particularly with the 18350's. The mini is a magic size with the 18350, but I prefer it with the ext end cap and using the 18490 just for the improved battery life.
    I realise they've ruled out a double extender for the mini to allow it to run 18650, a real shame as it would then be a really versatile machine.

"Senior Member", Yes........................!
    Number23 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast