Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: On Ego-t, should I go for ProVari?

On Ego-t, should I go for ProVari?

Hi all,

New to e-cigs.. Off tobacco smoke now for 2 1/2 weeks. I like the ego-t... Currently vaping Dekang Dunhil flavour... It's a tad sweet but enough to keep me off tobacco... I just read about the ProVari. Can anyone explain the difference? I know with the ProVari you can adjust the voltage and you hit the sweet spot what ever that means... Is it worth the money and to a noob, how is it different in taste or experience. is it more of a throat hit?

basically more volts is more vapour, within reason. ego is rgulated to 3.2v, provari or any other VV (variable voltage) device will go higher. its usually not worth the hassle with ego T as it gets a burnt taste after a small increase in volts.
    some juices taste better at higher volts, generally not the rule though.

have a look a the ego twist .. thats the newest ego and can provide the VV functions without having to get battery chargers and the like. I have 2 provaris and grabbed an ego twist 3 days ago, pretty useful little unit.
    Last edited by Stoney; 19-05-12 at 12:57 PM.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Sorry. I accidently posted in the section... cool thanks for the info. Doesn't sound like ProVari is right for me... I'll stick with ego-t for now but will look into ego twist

AVF Regular
    Increasing "voltage" will increase your "wattage" if using the same resistance of cartomiser,atomiser,etc.. this means more power, so the coil will burn hotter. Which in turn creates a denser, warmer vapor and will increase throat hit. If you go to high, you will end up with a burnt taste (dry burn) and may damage your carto or atty.

You can buy a provari if you like right now, as you will probably want one sooner or later. It's an excellent time to get in for a green or blue led screen too! Both are special edition releases, and cost a little more though.

You could buy an eGo Twist if you would like to try out variable voltage, they are simply a variable voltage ego battery, you just twist the bottom to go up and down. They go for about $22-25.

If you want a decent variable voltage device, the Provari is the way to go. The voltage holds, the current limit is high and as advertised, and you can check your atomiser resistance. It really is a solid device and won't leave you disappointed. It's all I ever use now, except for experimentation with new devices.

You could go for a cheaper device, eg. a VMAX or Lavatube, but you may find them dissapointing and of inferior build quality. Then again, you may just like them.

I wouldn't really suggest using the ego-t catridge system on your ProVari or similar VV (variable voltage) device, as it won't have much of an improvement of the ego-t battery, if anything you'll just get a dry hit.

I'd suggest looking into a tanked cartomiser (see "liquinator", j-tank, EPM Carto Tank, Smoktech DCT) to go with your new variable voltage device, or you can buy some clearomisers such as the Stardust, the Phoenix/VK Comet and the Smoktech XXXL Dual Coil.)

Sorry if it's a bit of an information overload. Just reply with your query, if you have one, and I or another member will be happy to help you out further.
    Last edited by kritikal; 18-05-12 at 02:12 AM.
    CCC, timeout and uniqueandy like this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

CCC
    I would say get the eGo-C Twist battery to try out VV vaping first.
    timeout likes this.

Cool thanks a lot for the info... I'll stick with the ego-t for now and when if I ever feel like going back to normal cigs then I'll take the plunge and buy the provari. does look like a nice solid device

If you feel the urge to have a ciggie (say if you are out on the town etc.) just make sure you have a carto packed with a higher Nic level. That will kill any urges.

Depending on what you vape at the moment.

When you go VV, you cannot go back (trust me on this) think of VV like thick cigar smoke. For me, its the only way to go.

oh, and BTW Provari's are great. JIB's are even better.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    I would say get the eGo-C Twist battery to try out VV vaping first.
    As ccc mentions try an ego twist which is also vv , it's a cheap way to try vv that wasnt an option a few months ago

AVF Regular
    Kettering south tassie / northern Antarctica
    the vmax isnt bad ether love mine its awsome and higher cutoff than a provari
    virtualphoenix likes this.

yeah the vmax is a solid unit, my first VV and wow what a fog machine. I threw a fully charged set of batteries in yesterday morning at 8am, vaped all day and they finally went flat at 1am this morning, thats what 17hrs! Was vaping at 4.2v most of yesterday and woke up with a sore throat this morning lol. I was planning on spending $220 on a provari, changed my mind last minute and took a gamble on it after seeing some positive reviews on here and youtube. It does a fantastic job, better than I even imagined. Feels very well built, has a good bit of weight about it, and was $100 cheaper. The only thing that bugs me about it is the brightness of the LCD display. no chance of stealth vaping anywhere in the dark with this one lol. I think ill have to tint the display hehe.
    Last edited by extre248; 19-05-12 at 12:30 AM.
    virtualphoenix likes this.

Ecigs: Halo G6-->Ego 650mAh-->Apex Ultra-->Smoketech VMAX-->Smoketech VMAX SS-->Smoketech Gripper VV-->Gus G22-18350-->Gus Telescopic-->Diablo Hybrid-->Caravela!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast