Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Another Vmax or a Provari v2

AVF Regular

Another Vmax or a Provari v2

Hi all!

Was wondering if anyone owns or has compared the vmax and provari. I want to get a second vv device and I already own a vmax v1. Price is not an issue. I was always a bit weary on vv devices and was wanting a VW device but the Darwin is not to taste. I am waiting for a mod tube for my GGTS to house a kick.

But since I obtained a vmax I love vv. but I have always heard the age old discussion and argument between the vmax and provari. Was wanting some user input before I bite the bullet and buy a new SS VMAX or a new provari.

Cheers in advance.

MMM

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

I'd go for a vmax.

I have both a v2 and a vmax and give preference to the smoktech just cause it kicks harder and doesn't run into amp limits.

I'm about to buy my second vmax.

Total tally on gear, juice and geeky things so far = ~10000 (oops)
    DNA40/Kayfun Whore; Vaporflask/Vaporshark. 3.1, lite, v4 and a bunch of clones. Fetish for cotton and ni200. Freebasing/vaping Attylube GUV. I've caught the dragon.

AVF Regular
    Yeah was thinking that but a provari has a more accurate volt setting. On some of my LR stuff, vmax either burns the crap out of it or get an error.

So torn as yes I agree the vmax has a good hard boot for power, but I think it's not as consistent. But I don't have a provari to compare. Hence I need input from others.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

well vasically that is the point that will make the difference, neither the Vmax or provari shine on LR, I don't have one .. but technically the provari deals with LR better, the high current is a risk to the vmax whereas the provari will E2.

the provari is limited to more like 14W or so.

so if you want to use it a fair bit on stuff under 1.7Ω and 14W is fine .. then provari.
    if you want more than 14W then vmax .. but keep coils over 2Ω.
    if you want to use genesis attys on it (as i suspect you do) then the intermittent shorts could be a real problem to vmaxes, but I don't know exactly. perhaps there is some mechanism in them for dealing with low ohms to limit the current.

battery decisions .. if you don't mind the dealing with 2 batts, which would annoy me personally, vmax loses no points.

battery life .. probably vmax scores here.

looks .. would have to give that to the provari. personal opinion.

robustness, can't vote on the vmax here, you would know better than me.

other factors to consider ..
    warranty .. useability .. weight .. size ..

my opinion would be since price is no issue .. get both, either will have a pretty good resale value.. then tell us what you end up using the most.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    hahahahaha thanks stony! yeah i am trying to limit the mods i buy! still got 2 katana's i barely use and do not want to part with as well not to mention a draw with various GG stuff that has not been used in a while as well but also not willing to part with again lol.

I really wanted a darwin, but its a fail without the ability to use tanks (not a real big dripper anymore) got a JiB mod, but the form factor limits me to home use.

Yeah most of the stuff i used is now 2.0ohm + or -.2 ohm. I have a few LR bits and pieces left but are leaving those for my mechanical mods.

I don't know if its me, but the voltage and power thats put through the VMAX feels a lot higher than whats being said on the display (ie, 3.7V feels more like 4.5V or there abouts) Any input anyone?

Might get a provari, will see if any owners can add some insight.

Thanks =)

Provari V2 is a huge improvement on the V1, works better and and sturdy as ever.
    i have both Vmax and V2 provari and i find that i am using the v max a lot more mainly because it is about 3 mm thinner and a lot lighter to hold.
    The vari is very accurate and consistent output versus Vmax explosive power, it is a personal thing but i like that explosive power.
    i find that when i use DC 5ml cartomizers they vape much better on the Vmax where on the provari they don't put out the same amount of vape and throat hit.
    Good luck sorting this one for yourself,,its a tight battle!

I can't wait till my little tester gets out in the field and used on Vmaxes actually.
    lets see if their math and sampling is correct, mine agrees with the math channel on my oscilloscope.
    there is a square root involved in calculating true power on a PWM mod, I can see many pwm mods simply approximating it and the error could be substantial at low duty cycles if not done correctly.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    I was happy I finally bit the bullet and bought a Provari especially I got the black with blue led. Also just not a fan of stacked batteries.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Ahhh the choice!!!!!!!!!!!! =(

AVF Regular
    I do like the explosive power from the VMAX. I have gotten used to it. It does give a nice solid kick! but on some more delicate flavours i find it burns, but i have been sticking to one main flavour now which doesnt have that problem. Ok, guess i will wait to see what else anyone else has to say

Cheers for all the input so far guys!

And stoney, put me down for one of those units your talking about =)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast