Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mavinry4
  • 1 Post By Stoney

Thread: Is upgrading my Provari worth it?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,064

    Is upgrading my Provari worth it?

    Importing things from America is expensive, so I imagine shipping stuff there is expensive also, not to mention the hassle of paper work and packaging. Has anyone gone through the process of sending their Provari V1 for the V2 upgrade, or is it better just to buy a new V2, especially since Vapebar sells them and shipping is only $7.50 from Perth.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clagiraba, Queensland
    Posts
    10,965
    air mail is $10.50 under 250g with an optional signature on delivery (not sure if thats extra or not) .. registered its $23, which is what i woud do..
    return post is 20 odd bucks, $25 for the upgrade last time i looked.
    so looking at 70 bucks or so all up.
    i guess you could find a new owner for the v1 or keep it for a spare.
    my provari has been through a lot and it has marks thats part of its character though.
    so i dunno either..
    i dont use much LR stuff anyway, thats the only way it really makes a difference so far as i know.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D



  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    954
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Importing things from America is expensive, so I imagine shipping stuff there is expensive also, not to mention the hassle of paper work and packaging. Has anyone gone through the process of sending their Provari V1 for the V2 upgrade, or is it better just to buy a new V2, especially since Vapebar sells them and shipping is only $7.50 from Perth.
    I don't think there is a "need" to upgrade.

    You will get a higher amp limit - only really good for running Dual Coils at a higher voltage (Even then the v1 gives all you really need)

    and a Higher Voltage range i.e. 2.9v-6v which I guess can be handy for those 1.2Ω coils that you mistakenly end up with on a re-buildable.


    I jumped pretty much straight away and got myself a v2 but I am a bit like that

    Is there a need? No
    Is there a want? Definitely

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,064
    Is there a want? - .. hehe.. yes, there definitely is. But I'm trying to keep to a budget for my first 12 months.

    Come October, I'll make the decision. Cheers for the info.


    And thanks Stoney for the advice and shipping price info, .. but there will never be a new owner for my Provari V1, it'd be like giving away one's puppy! I've grown too attached. Come October - my Vaping First Birthday, I'll make the decision.

    The want is so much greater than the need.
    ckane likes this.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Clagiraba, Queensland
    Posts
    10,965
    Then if you need a reason not too, well the v1 actually outperforms the v2 at the higher voltage end of the device, the max current was reduced up top to below that of the v1.
    i think i will wait until a code update is available before bothering
    good chance i will be waiting..
    mavinry4 likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D



 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:54 PM.