Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: ProVari has the back seat..

AVF Regular

Smile ProVari has the back seat..

This might be blasphime but the Provari has taken a back seat to the ovale v8, Driving machine and truck all day I have found the Ovale with twin 18350's is lasting the full day and much easier to carry, Top Pocket job and very light weight. Im finding Im hardly using the Pro at all lately.. It hits nice and hard has good lifespan with the twins and still have a couple of backups in the truck "just in case" lol, Pro and Lavatube. My only dislike is getting the battries in and out is a nightmare due to the length of the bloody springs, noticed when they were selling them that was one thing they wouldnt cover under warranty, obviously a very weak point.. I have even found myslef wondering, maybe I should offload the Pro and get some coin back in the pocket.. but prob not yet

AVF Regular
    Prolly hits hard via the Chinese volts.
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

AVF Regular
    More than likely, but i run it accordingly 4.1 ish to get same hit as pro at 5v. Meh just find its much easier to carry at work, any other mods similar to this but a bit better made i would love to hear about...hence me posting.

AVF Regular
    I was going to say the Smoktek VV Gripper - but then you mentioned better made

it runs a single 18650, so battery life is fantastic, but it just doesn't feel that solid and the 510 connection on top feels flimsy - it's a great back up to have at home though. although for the price it might be a good one to keep as a back up in the truck

AVF Regular
    The smoktech gripper is the same design but runs on one 18650. But if you search for box mods you might find something similar.

AVF Regular
    Have had a quick look at some box mods, bought one off Ingrid which is great.. But not vv.. Runs two 18650's would be awesome as a vv, but for size an weight would like to have one similar that either runs 490's or 350's with vv. then would be close to same weight at least same run time and still a easy top pocket job through the day.

All out of batteries
    waiting on one of these to arrive not sure on battery life obviously.

Vapage VMod-2.0 Bottom Feeder "A La Carte"
    Touchwood ,Billetbox, Juggy, Lux x 2, BBM steampunk, Bagua, Nemesis, Moon, Popular 2, Poldiac x 2,Roller, GG Stealth, Zen sidewinder, Wizards Apprentice, Chi_you x 2, ProVari V1 and V2, Gus tele, Gus, the vaper V1, the vaper V2

atties - Zag, G- Bell, Foggatti x 2, wand, Spheroid, Steam machine x 2, Cobra x 2, Diver, Hellfire mini, Hellfire Mega, Hellfire Micro Mega, Arrow, Foggatti Hybrid x 2

How long you been carrying the ovale v8 around for? Not knocking it or anything but one of the big pluses for a Provari is its durability. Hopefully the ovale can survive drops, knocks and things that tend to happen to mods that travel to work.

Either way it's always nice to be spoilt with choices.

AVF Regular
    about 3 weeks mate, Yes it gets knocked around, but a provari just is uncarryable on the machine, the tanks break in pockets and is uncomfortable due to its shape and length to get a full day out of it. As I said I carry it and a lavatube as a Backup in the truck in case the Ovale bites it...which Im sure it will. Also why Im asking the q for a sturdier design boxmod.
    chilli likes this.

AVF Regular
    THAT looks interesting Targa!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast