Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Green sound 360 batteries

Green sound 360 batteries

Good Batteries? Anyone used this model?

Would want to use them with different clearos/cartos. I want an auto battery, thats portable and easy, but better vapour and battery endurance than the cheaper sticks.

Cant tell if these are sealed or noise resistant. Dunno if they are reliable or have good draw. They do seem a little long, length wise, but i think all 360 Mah sticks fall into this catergory. I think they have the universal 510 threading?

Would love feedback from anyone that uses these. (other battery I am looking at is 280 mah kanger kr808d-1 threading. Good battery, good size, but threading might be a little limiting.

Cheers!

If you want Auto batteries, I'd get a 1300mah Echo.

Either here for $10 - 1300mAh ECHO Auto Battery for 510/eGo [B010] - US$10.00 :
    Or in a kit for $34 here - 1300mah ECHO E-cigarette Kit
    Drael likes this.

I kinda want a stick model. I want the ease, familiarity and portability etc. Though if i do change my mind later, its good to know there are some high powered autos.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF Drael.
    Cigalikes generally aren't as good as bigger thicker batts & give an unsatisfying experience for many people.
    If it's what you want then go for it but you will most likely (99% IMO) be unhappy with the vape you get &/or the amount you need to recharge the device. Bigger batts just work better, also auto batts have a habit of mis-firing.
    I would get an eGo type batt with at least 1000mah capacity but even the 650mah batts will be better than a cigalike.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Welcome to AVF Drael.
    Cigalikes generally aren't as good as bigger thicker batts & give an unsatisfying experience for many people.
    If it's what you want then go for it but you will most likely (99% IMO) be unhappy with the vape you get &/or the amount you need to recharge the device. Bigger batts just work better, also auto batts have a habit of mis-firing.
    I would get an eGo type batt with at least 1000mah capacity but even the 650mah batts will be better than a cigalike.
    Thanks man!

Both stick models I am looking at have an average wattage of 3.7 (unregulated 3.7, ie 4.2 to 3.3), same as an ego-T (although the sticks arent regulated, they start higher, and end up lower)

Thus with an appropriate carto (say, 2.1-2.5 ohms), I am thinking maybe just a kanger 2.5 horizontal to start, there should be some semi-decent vapour I would think. Theres a decent 2.1 clearo I could try if thats not enough, but I reckon the horizontals should probably do the trick anyway (that low might well be too hot anyway for my taste).

I used to use one of those crappy hydros (for about three months). Dunno what ohms, or what voltage, or whatever (pretty bad I would think. Probably 3.3v, 180 or less Mah etc), but pretty bad.

Downsides where that the batteries were a bit cheap (not flood resistant or noise resistant unlike the new generation autos, totally old school auto), and the cartos were hard to fill. Just generally a bit cheap and propreitory.

Vapour in retrospect could have been better, but i didnt feel like I was hanging out for a fag.

Charged it just once a day, at night when I went to bed, which wasnt really a hassle at all, and if I had two batteries, or even three, not one, it would be just a matter of chucking the used one on the charger and swapping. Easier than rolling a cig...

I think a higher quality stick type will even out all those shortcomings, if I pick carefully and get the best that is possible.

I Didnt really fall off the wagon because it wasnt working, more that i just made the stupid choice to smoke analogues again, in a bad moment, staying with a smoker.

I am definately resistant to changing my style with regard to vaping. If I can suck on it, stick it easily in my pocket, scissor it in my fingers, that makes life easier for me.
    Last edited by Drael; 07-11-12 at 10:48 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    There are 2 problems with stick types, as you call them, they are under powered to produce decent amounts of vapor & thus satisfaction & they need recharging more frequently, which becomes annoying really fast. Plus if you go out, you need to take multiple back up batts &/or a PCC to recharge them with.

A 1000mah eGo type batt will last the best part of a day, if not all day for an average vaper & produce enough power to use LR cartos, which proivide a much better vape. Cigalikes are not recommended to use with LR cartos/atties & may fail(short circuit internally) if you do use LR devices on them.

Ultimately the choice is yours, I realise many ex-smokers getting into vaping want something that looks the same as they were used to but the reality is those devices just don't cut it for most vapers.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

My first experience with ecigs was a cigalike pack from dealextreme, very unsatisfying experience and it took me more than 3 years to look into ecigs again.
    I am now known as Filbert, Got2Vape has been retired.

I got one of these as a back up and it hits hard when fully charged.
    I am impressed !

http://www.vapebar.com.au/joye-ego-c-upgrade/

BTW, whats the difference between, say an ego with 3.3-4.2 volts, and one of the better stick models with 3.3-4.2 volts in terms of vapour?

Shouldnt it be about the same (due to watts heating the coil), but just with shorter battery endurance on the stick?

I guess the ego might tolerate lower resistances, but from what ive heard its about the same, because that tolerance is based on voltage, 2.0 ohm is the absolute lower limit, and too low can ruin the battery...

?

I mean the smaller 3.3 volt unregulated ones definately suck, because the voltage and thus wattage dips down real low as the battery loses its charge (and the required lower resistance means that happens quicker).

And the higher voltage regulated ones obvious would win out because they can maintain a high wattage/heat consistantly...

But I dont get why an ego type battery would beat the same voltage of stick model, excepting the duration of charge.

In fact, an unregulated battery would be hitting at up to 4.2 volts fully charged, which would be more than the 3.3 of typical egos, or the 3.5-3.7 of the ego-T, initially. Of course after some use, the unregulated 3.7 would be worse than the ego-T, voltage wise, but initially it would be putting out higher voltage...

Am I missing some aspect of the electrical physics? (I probably am)
    Last edited by Drael; 08-11-12 at 12:10 AM.

I should mention that atm im at 8-9 cigs a day.

And back when I was vaping I used less than 18ml over 2 - 2 1/2 months, and my old stick was a mere 150 Mah or so, and a charge used to last me a day (i would charge at night)

That all generally probably makes my hardware needs a little less than alot of forum going vapers.

I just want some slightly better kit really.
    Last edited by Drael; 08-11-12 at 12:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast