Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Rebuildables, are they worth persisting with?

AVF Regular

Rebuildables, are they worth persisting with?

So I've been stuffing around with my DUD for a while now, just can't get it working properly. Now I'm out of wire and the cap never sat on straight anyway, so I'm thinking of tossing it in the draw never to be seen again. Is it worth ordering more mesh and write and persisting? I just can't get the coil to glow evenly, it heats up at the top and that's about it.

I have three Bella tanks which are so easy to use, plus I use Vivi Novas on occasion. I'm not really sure why I'm stuffing around with rebuildables, but they do seem to be all the rage at the moment. Is the vape that much better with a rebuildable? Should I persist with my DUD or is there a different type of rebuildable I should be looking at?

Find someone who has built a few good ones and watch them.
    The 3 things that helped me get them working was:
    1) Use a lower heat to oxidise the wick. I was using a plumbers blowtorch, but it was too hot and actually burning all the carbon off. Now I use a smaller butane thing which heats it slower but seems to oxidise it better.
    2) wrap it fairly tightly
    3) watch Zens video where he says every coil is good. I was pushing and prodding enough.

Actually what helped me realise it was possible was using a cigarette paper to wrap the coil around and then burn it off. I don't do it anymore, but I was like you and now mos of them seem to work to some degree. A friend on here told me about the drill bit method which he says never fails. There is a video of it somewhere.
    I think it is worth it for the taste and extra vapour.

Hope that helps a bit
    Adam likes this.

AVF Regular
    Adam, i am only new to rebuildables, never really thought Id enjoy or even want to be bothered with em, i had a couple of hiccups with the penelope, but that was the first attempt ever, once got it sorted i was very impressed with the flavour, draw and throught hit. Vapor wise I havnt hit the mark yet but in saying that I prefer it over the carto tank now, alot, the orion has set the bar again and is even easier to set up, imo yes def worth the trouble.

AVF Regular
    Prob is the liquinator feels cheap to me now, the draw compared to a quality rebuildable that is. Find myself wanting to take the $ items to work(havn't) cause im not enjoying using the tanks anymore ;( hopefully just a phase....
    ElDubya likes this.

Super Moderator
    Mate, at the end of the day, whatever you are using that is keeping you off regular cigarettes is the right device for you.

Someone on this board has an Orion, a Katana and other rebuildables yet he vapes 99% of the time on a Provari with an eGo-C atty. It works.

I have a Spheroid, a Line and a multitude of other chinese rebuildables. My main vape is a Provari with a carto tank. Plenty of flavour, oodles of vaper and a decent throat hit.

Maybe just get a decent variable voltage/wattage device and see how you go with that. I started vaping on a 510 cigalike which sits on my desk and still gets vaped at least 3 times a week

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I like my cheap Chinese gennies but they are a pain to get working properly, so I use VK Comets quite a lot of the time now.
    However my carto tanks still get used too, just depends on what mood I'm in & where I am as to what I want to use.
    Genny is great when it's working properly & is what I use most often at home but not everyone wants to mess about with gennies, at the end of the day, what keeps you off the cancer sticks is what you should be using.
    ElDubya likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

ElDubya is right. Each person is different.
    I only use either my Orion or the Provaris with G-bell or Atombomb. I also have a few others ncluding a ZAP, which I can't stand. Looking forward to getting my cheapies from the coop. I setup a friend with a carton tank and come Clearos a couple of days ago and they just didn't do it for me.
    Persist , it keeps you off the ciggies.

AVF Regular
    Thanks for all the responses, most appreciated. I have variable wattage & variable voltage devices as well as some mechanicals. As i said, i don't really know why I'm mucking around with rebuildables, my tanks are fantastic, i guess it's because everyone is doing it. I think I'll stick with my Bella tanks for now until I get the itch to try rebuildables again.

If anyone wants a DUD, no wire or mesh, cap is a bit crooked, pm me and I'll send it out. Oh, and I'm keeping the drip tip too (only thing I like about the DUD is the drip tip).

Have you tried it with a silica or cotton wick instead of mesh?
    Noe, gtadmin and vapourize like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Have you tried it with a silica or cotton wick instead of mesh?
    Nah, I haven't. That's what I was weighing up, whether I should order some more gear and try to get it working or just forget about it. At the end of the day I'm extremely happy with what I'm using, and it's just not something I think I'll enjoy (the rebuilding part, not the vaping part).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast