Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Long 510-510 extender/adaptor? Where to find...

AVF Regular

Long 510-510 extender/adaptor? Where to find...

Hey all. Anyone know where locally to get a long (45mm) 510-510 adapter like the one pictured here; http://www.madvapes.com/pv-parts/ada...extension.html or even have one they would part with?

I need/want it for a Jazz Cartopipe but don't want to have to buy the carto tank kit (ie; use a genesis atty on it)

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    I have made one for the same purpose. The price they are charging is very reasonable, when you consider the ends are a couple of bucks each and the tube cost be $7.50 for 300mm
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Yah it's not really a matter of cost. I just want to order locally/see if anyone has a spare. Seems kinda silly making an order from the states when I only want that lol.

Wanna make another and sell it to me lol?

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Yah it's not really a matter of cost. I just want to order locally/see if anyone has a spare. Seems kinda silly making an order from the states when I only want that lol.

Wanna make another and sell it to me lol?

Hi Tim

I have just measured my genuine Jaz extension and it is 40mm. I think the one you linked to is too long by 5mm, so is no use to you. The tube I am using is slightly oversize diameter wise, making it a VERY tight fit in the pipe. I made mine for the gripper, so oversize doesn't really matter, for my application. I have tried the home made one in the pipe, and due to the diameter it wont screw all the way down. I think you are better going for the original extension. The silver one is the original, and the brass one is home made.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Am I right to think that the cartopipe extension has the male end of it (the threads) recessed? So its total length if 40mm?

It 's available at Vapourtron Archer (495 Malvern Road, South Yarra, VIC 3141)

Super Moderator
    Hi Timmy ... if you are any good with a soldering iron its a few minute job if you have an old carto lying around .
    you will need a female 510 fitting ( available very cheap anywhere , I get mine from Del at Juicewhore)
    -Screw carto into Jazz pipe ... mark where lip of Jazz is on side of protruding carto ( tip its at around the overall 40mm mark on the carto )
    -dremel,hacksaw,whatever you got the tube off at that mark
    -pull guts out of carto , taking care to preserve the centre post of the male 510 and the insulator bit of silicon .
    -desolder existing wire to centre post of carto ...chuck carto coils and fill away !
    -Solder a 50 mm length of good wire onto centre post of carto , thread this thru base of carto ,remember to refit silicon insulator , refit centre post .
    -You should have a cm or two of wire poking out of shortened gutted carto ... solder this to centre post of 510 fitting . Wire leads from centre post to centre post and must be fully insulated to prevent any bit of it touching the carto walls and shorting
    -press 510 female connector into shortened atty end

Hey presto ! you have a custom fitted extension for your Pipe
    Noe likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I will tell u what to do.
    Get a 510-901 adapter then a 901-510
    And u can repeat that till u get the length
    Your after

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Hi Timmy ... if you are any good with a soldering iron its a few minute job if you have an old carto lying around .
    you will need a female 510 fitting ( available very cheap anywhere , I get mine from Del at Juicewhore)
    -Screw carto into Jazz pipe ... mark where lip of Jazz is on side of protruding carto ( tip its at around the overall 40mm mark on the carto )
    -dremel,hacksaw,whatever you got the tube off at that mark
    -pull guts out of carto , taking care to preserve the centre post of the male 510 and the insulator bit of silicon .
    -desolder existing wire to centre post of carto ...chuck carto coils and fill away !
    -Solder a 50 mm length of good wire onto centre post of carto , thread this thru base of carto ,remember to refit silicon insulator , refit centre post .
    -You should have a cm or two of wire poking out of shortened gutted carto ... solder this to centre post of 510 fitting . Wire leads from centre post to centre post and must be fully insulated to prevent any bit of it touching the carto walls and shorting
    -press 510 female connector into shortened atty end

Hey presto ! you have a custom fitted extension for your Pipe
    yeah a combination of things preventing me doing this lol. My soldering iron, and dremel are both at my parents place as I don't have room in my apartment really. Add to that my total lazyness lol

Quote Originally Posted by bigalivapor View Post
    I will tell u what to do.
    Get a 510-901 adapter then a 901-510
    And u can repeat that till u get the length
    Your after
    Yeah I am looking into getting some 510-510 adaptors and just pilling them ontop of eachother. Just want to get the right length lol

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    yeah a combination of things preventing me doing this lol. My soldering iron, and dremel are both at my parents place as I don't have room in my apartment really. Add to that my total lazyness lol

A perfect excuse to pay a visit and tell your mum how much you love her
    Druidcarey likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast