Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Tanks -vs- straight up carto

Tanks -vs- straight up carto

Just my thoughts on using a tank -vs- using just a carto on top of a provari. Well, I started out using a LR Boge Carto with my Provari mini and it was great. I love the Boge Cartos and the reason I was using the LR was because I had a lot left before I ordered my Provari so I decided I would use those up first. Plus they were pink and matched my pink mini so ya know how that goes :P . Well, I decided to order new tanks to fit a normal size Boge Carto but this time ordered SR. At first it was ok but then I realized I was going through juice like crazy compared to not using a tank and my cartos were lasting half the time. I was vaping from 4.5 - 5.0 on the SR and with the LR I was vaping on the Provari at 4.0 with no issues.

I refilled my tank last night and it was fine before then but after the refill suddenly it was all stopped up and I couldn't even suck anything out of it. I loosened it to make sure it wasn't too tight and it did get a bit better but still just blah. I am careful not to over tighten them because I do study the posts here and you pros have discussed that part before (thanks).

Well, my conclusion is.......even though it's more of a pain constantly filling the carto, I feel like I get a much better vape with just the carto on and will get more for my money because a carto can last me well over a week normally compared to it being used in a tank lasting a week if I'm lucky.

Glad I didn't order pre-punched SR ones this time around so I can use it either way. Now I would be a very happy camper if HC didn't stop selling my pink Boge's. Now I have to use ugly silver ones that don't match...blahhhh.

Just my thoughts

AVF Regular
    if ya tankd cart was vapn fine befor the fill ya may wanna check the tank flange has'nt slid low nuff down to block breath slots in cart/connector ..
    Smokin no good A .

if your talking about the flange as in the little round thing at the end of the cart like on a Smok Tech one, Boge's don't have those. It's just straight all the way down and sits flush against the bottom of the tank so nothing should have been blocking it.

Hmmmm I just thought of something. I mean not sure why it would do this if it was working fine before but the tank I bought came with a Kanger Horizontal and was prepunched. I haven't tried it out yet but comparing it to where I punched my holes, mine were a bit lower down. Maybe I just need to go a little higher with the holes so there is no mistake if the carto does slide down a bit. I got the punch from Vape king and it say something about lining it up but I didn't quite understand exactly where to line it up but I just basically put the thread part sticking out of the punch and did it even with that. I think I'll just have the threads sticking out a bit more so the holes will be higher and give that a go. Gonna try the kanger for now though since I haven't tried that yet.

AVF Regular
    I'm getting up to a week out of my boges in a tank. It's a little hit and miss though. I have not vaped a carto without a tank for ages so i cant compare.

In the last few months, ive used self punched, pre punched & f16 cartos, all Boges.

A few things ive noticed that can reduce the life of a tanked carto:
    - Punching your cartos too deep. Causes gurgling and flooding.
    - Re filling tanks by taking the end cap off. When you put the end cap back on, the pressure is too much and floods the carto.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xALISAx View Post
    if your talking about the flange as in the little round thing at the end of the cart like on a Smok Tech one, Boge's don't have those. It's just straight all the way down and sits flush against the bottom of the tank so nothing should have been blocking it.
    nah I was reffing to to the flange on bottom of ya tank , if it goes low enough down the cart twill block breathe slots on the cart or connector , sounds like ya tank has slid down over those small slots blocking air flow .
    Smokin no good A .

Lastchance,
    Hmmmm, Well the first cartos I used back a while ago were the Smok Tech ones with the DCT so they actually had the flange there to stop it. With the boges they don't and so yes the tank can actually be touching the top of my provari. Should I keep it up a bit and not have it flush the top of my provari then? It's hard to tell just where they need to sit.

Sign me Up,
    I never take the end caps off when filling. I fill from the bottom using an EPM tank as instructed so that must not be the problem. I guess it's just that I may not have it sitting right from time to time.

Super Moderator
    The way I punch my cartos for the tanks I use are :

I tank the tank off the device and lay it down on the table.
    I lay the new carto next to the tank and line the base up with the end of the bottom cap.
    I grab a marker and place a dot about 2mm above the top rim of the bottom cap.
    That's where I punch.

Here's a pic to try and explain it a little better.

Sorry for the shitty pic, but I hope that helps

Thanks for the pic ElDubya, that does help. I think I would have been better off just using a nail and a hammer instead of the punch cause you can really see where your mark is with the punch I have. Maybe it's just back to the nail and hammer thing instead of using fancy gadgets

Update:
    I just figured out that putting the smaller condom on the non-thread end and sliding the carto down into the punch until the condom touches the edge of the punch lines the hole up perfectly.
    Last edited by xALISAx; 14-11-12 at 11:24 AM.
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xALISAx View Post
    Thanks for the pic ElDubya, that does help. I think I would have been better off just using a nail and a hammer instead of the punch cause you can really see where your mark is with the punch I have. Maybe it's just back to the nail and hammer thing instead of using fancy gadgets

Update:
    I just figured out that putting the smaller condom on the non-thread end and sliding the carto down into the punch until the condom touches the edge of the punch lines the hole up perfectly.
    Actually, there is a way to line up the hole punch from VK perfectly.

I'll try and remember to take a pic for you tonight when i get home.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast