Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: vv vw ego apv 18650 batts.

AVF Regular

vv vw ego apv 18650 batts.

Hi everyone,
    I've just been informed that the vamo vw mod has a very narrow battery tube and some of my batts (like the provari batt) are too wide.
    I haven't checked this for myself as I only just decided by a whisker not to get one (I should have known better)

Anyway, if anyone has bought batts recently for this mod that don't fit, message me through ebay and I'll send out ones that do fit (free of charge).

I'm assuming the cgr18650ch 2250 bare cell would make the connection (needs to be confirmed). I'm also assuming the provari batts don't fit (also needs to be confirmed).

P.S. I'm travelling at the moment and not near a computer that often so don't bombard me too hard as the missus is the one sending orders atm.

EDIT: This could have been a one off, have not had a confirmed second report yet.
    Last edited by supersports600; 22-11-12 at 09:19 PM.
    greazy, gtadmin, Fatman and 1 others like this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

Thanks SS660! Awesome service.
    I got some other mods that might fit the batteries I ordered from you anway.

Which ones do fit this vv vw ego apv from your store? (assuming they are available from your store)

Hey Supersports600, Is this the apv you are referring to: eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2

Quote Originally Posted by fokus View Post
    Hey Supersports600, Is this the apv you are referring to: eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2
    I imagine it is fokus.

Just a note, the battery I got that fits mine, JUST fits....18650 AW IMR 2000mAh
    18D x 65.7H mm (+/- 0.5mm)

Sweet, thanks ballza, I should be getting the 18650 batteries and apv this week, I got the exact same batteries that you got so fingers crossed they fit. Hows the apv? Any good?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    Thanks SS660! Awesome service.
    I got some other mods that might fit the batteries I ordered from you anway.

Which ones do fit this vv vw ego apv from your store? (assuming they are available from your store)
    these ones are minimum width

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

but with these things, there's sometimes a bit of a gamle of what will fit at first so I'm hoping you and/or anyone else that already has the mod can tell me.

The ones you bought might fit ok. But if we soon find out they won't, I'll try to get ones that will in the mail asap.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

It's good fokus, for the time that I used it, performs great, haven't got a battery charger yet, waiting for my order to arrive this week from supersport! lol charger is coming with that.

With that battery, the 65.7H mm height, I did have to stretch the bottom spring a little bit because I noticed if you jiggled it around it would lose connection.

You can either replace the spring from a flashlight or stretch it like I did, seems to have worked.
    Other people have also used battery magnets, but don't have any idea about those...

Thanks Ballza, appreciate it mate. Just realised I actually got the IMR 18650 2250mAh batteries, not the 2000mAh, so hopefully they'll fit.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    It's good fokus, for the time that I used it, performs great, haven't got a battery charger yet, waiting for my order to arrive this week from supersport! lol charger is coming with that.

With that battery, the 65.7H mm height, I did have to stretch the bottom spring a little bit because I noticed if you jiggled it around it would lose connection.

You can either replace the spring from a flashlight or stretch it like I did, seems to have worked.
    Other people have also used battery magnets, but don't have any idea about those...
    Ahhh, in that case, ignore my last post.

Long and thin. ????

Not sure what they were thinking but it will work out in the end.

I might have jumped the gun. Only had one report of the problem, could be a one off tube problem. Time will tell.

We'll get there in the end mate, I'm guessing it could be a popular product because of the price.
    I'll do what tests I can.

No idea why it is long and slim actually, I've seen most battery widths are roughly 18.5~mm, give or take.
    Yet this tube looks to be right on 18mm.

When I get a chance, I'll get some digital calipers and measure the inside diameter of the tube and also the diameter of the battery I am using in there now.
    supersports600 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast