Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: how many wicks do you use in your speroid?

AVF Regular

how many wicks do you use in your speroid?

Hey guys!

to all the spheroid users out there! how many wicks do you have in your coil?

I usually did a double wick but tried a single wick (Silica from Vinny) can't tell if there is much of a difference.

Just wondering what your thoughts are

MMM

And FM, would never rob a grave hahahaha so your Spheroid is safe, i will go pay tribute to it though :P

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Super Moderator
    I do a triple wick ... ie a loop and an end either side
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    wow! how thick is the wick you got? i have mm wick and went back to double wick. Single wick was not keeping up.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

If you send me your spheroid MMM I will let you know how many pieces of wick I use, honest

Super Moderator
    I use a double strand of either 2 or 3mm. 4 or 5 wraps of .20 kanthal.

Super Moderator
    mine is a double wick - the lasso style - big loop on one side with the two short ends at the other.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    awesome! thanks for the input guys! and Bullos....you gonna have to pry it from my cold dead hands! hahahahahahahaha

I tried a single wick and just didn't keep up, or i thought so it might have been in my head. But i went back to double wick about 3 hours later, and it was all good again.

and again Bullos....gotta kill me first. I now have 3 in my possession not 2. Need more :P my precious!
    Bullos likes this.

thing to bear in mind .. a 3mm wick is equivalent to 9 1mm wicks in volune.
    area = π r^2

so a 1mm wick is about 0.75sq mm
    a 3mm wick is about 7 sq mm

so don't expect a triple 1mm to perform like your 3mm jobbies.

phoenix clone rebuildable i got is running 6 x 1mm wicks.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

was looking at people drilling out air holes and a post i replied to elsewhere, i thought i would add that ..

airholes follow the same rule .. a 3mm airhole is equivalent to 9 1mm airholes, so don't drill out a 1mm to 3mm for 3 times the air, its 9 times..

wire gauges, a change of 6 gauge is a doubling or halving of gauge, doubling wire diameter is one quarter the resistance. it follows that a change of 3 gauge is double/half resistance..

so twisting 2 wires together is like increasing its diameter by 1.4 times resistance wise but doubles the surface area.

maximum current capacity follows the area/resistance .. so a changes of 6 gauge will handle 4 times the current. 32 gauge handles about 2.5A in air .. eg, post to wick.
    Vinny likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Try this setup in your Spheroid 3M... It works great for me mate.

Michael-Mikey-Mike likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast