Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Protect a mechanical mod

AVF Regular

Protect a mechanical mod

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone can give me some insight how to protect mechanical mods from shorted attys. Im buying my first mechanical mod and dived into gennies aswell. I got a provari to test for the shorts but once i put em on a mechanical i want to be safe again
    Cheers
    Yatesy

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Just use imr batteries and your safe
    And u can add that 2cents safe thing

Super Moderator
    Use a protected battery, or a 2c fuse (or equiv). Buy only good quality batteries from a source you trust.

AVF Regular
    Ok cool thanks so the aw imr are ok?? And the 2c fuse does any aussie vendors sell em

I think vape king has got them

AVF Regular
    Yeah Vapeking stock them.

AVF Regular
    Awesome thanks guys the last thing i want is my mod breaking or worst case scenario a battery blowing up in my face lol

Do you use one Ali?

I just added this link in ecig modshop, didn't see this until after, here it is again!

The ShortStop Mod Fuse (Holocron Labs)

$14.99

ElectronicStix.Com The ShortStop Mod Fuse (Holocron Labs)

HolocronLabs and ElectronicStix are proud to present ShortStop
    The HolocronLabs ShortStop is a wonderful product that helps you mitigate the dangers of using high powered lithium-ion/lithium polymer batteries in your device by preventing hard or dead shorts between your battery and what that battery is powering. This helps to prevent the battery ever getting hot enough to vent or catch fire. It works by watching how much current flows through it and when it notices a large amount of current, it springs into action and slows down the flow, preventing a hard short of the battery. The best analogy we can draw is that of a cars seat belt. It's loose and flexible until your car is involved in a crash, and then it locks down when you need it. The best part about ShortStop is that it is reusable. After ShortStop does its job, it simply needs a short cool down period before it is ready to use again.
    ShortStop will fit in most devices using 18mm or larger cells ( 26650, 18650, 18500, etc.. ), because it is slightly smaller in diameter at approximately 17mm and only about 3mm thin. ShortStop has no polarity, meaning it works in any orientation and on either side of the battery. You can use ShortStop in multi-cell or 'stacked' configurations, so long as the sum of voltages of all of the cells in the series are less than or equal to 12 volts DC. ShortStop can be used with protected cells, and doing so will give you the peace of mind knowing that ShortStop will act at approximately 5 Amperes, providing a large flexibility in atomizer/cartomizer type and resistance. Bottom line, if it fits, it works and keeps working! Please make sure you read and understand all of the instructions and precautions included with your ShortStop before using.
    ShortStop has been verified to work in the following devices and configurations:
    Silver bullet with single 18650(AW/IMR)
    Helix with single 26650(MNKE/IMR)
    Empire with single 18650
    GG (any model that takes an 18mm cell)

ShortStop will currently NOT work in the following devices and configurations:
    Provari (any battery or cap configuration)
    lastchance likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    Do you use one Ali?
    No mate
    I only use aw imr
    They can't blow up in any condition ...
    That's what I think
    I hope I'm right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast