Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: AGA-T help needed.

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    342

    Question AGA-T help needed.

    my issues with this aga-t
    Can someone help with their wisdom here:

    1. I find there is some burning taste.
    2. twice the wire has been heated up to the point that the juice hanging around it caught fire !!!! lucky I was just testing to see how far I can crank it upto
    3. The juice leaks from all over if I leave the filling hole open, (I carry my provari mini in my pocket all the time)



    I am just wondering if these genesis mods are for me and for that matter the hybrid mods.
    I've been using carto tanks for some time now and am over them .... I need a carto change every 2 - 3 days so was looking at cheaper alternatives.

    All I did was:
    rolled up a wick of approximate size .... oxidized it on my cooking gas flame, and burnt some juice on it as well.
    rolled a wire, I thought it was fine..... looked pretty neat as well.
    checked ohms on my provari ... it was reading 1.9 volts, so I set my provari at around 3.7 volts and off we go with a horrible burnt taste with low levels of vapor.


    Thanks.
    Gaurav

  2. #2
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Waikerie South Aus
    Posts
    2,099
    Im new to these aswell but from what ive been told a burnt metallic taste indicates a short somewhere. when you put the wick in and do your coil make sure the tanks empty that way u can fire up your coils and make sure all wraps are glowing evenly and there are no hotspots. Hotspots will give you the metallic taste. After all my coils are glowing evenly i fill my tank and give the wick a coat of juice aswell just to get the wicking started. I think thats right . As for the leaking im not sure as i leave my filling screw in sorry, mine wicks fine with it in and im currently vaping 100% VG
    Cheers
    Yatesy

  3. #3
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bayside, Melbourne
    Posts
    2,544
    if you could post some photos it might help work out whats happening
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

  4. #4
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Waikerie South Aus
    Posts
    2,099
    Also if some of your coil wraps arnt glowing evenly just prod them with a blunt tip needle or paperclip to get them seated properly on the wick and fire it down low to begin with then work your way up to your desired voltage

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    342
    Humm I actually haven't fired it up without liquid.
    Will do that tonight.
    I unfortunately don't have any pictures .... cause I took it all apart and tried to use the cotton wick ... thinking it might get rid of the burnt taste.
    I left all the filling holes unscrewed ... and took a couple of tootes .... was not too good, not too bad considering it was fresh fill.
    But ..... it leaked everywhere ...... so I guess you've got to keep the screws in place, otherwise juice leaks .... ( saw a video somewhere the guy said juice does'nt leak even after leaving the screws open .. wrong)

    My impressions on this one compared to the DCT tank with dual coil cartos and Vivi nova I've been using : it is bad and too many issues to work with here.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bellbird park Mafia HQ
    Posts
    1,871
    I think I need to do a how to do video
    And post it here
    studiovape, Fatman, Pete and 3 others like this.

  7. #7
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Waikerie South Aus
    Posts
    2,099
    yeah you should always fire it up with a empty tank that way you can check for hotspots and make sure your coils are glowing nice and evenly. after that you should be set

  8. #8
    Noe
    Noe is offline
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Posts
    13,140
    Quote Originally Posted by gauravn4u View Post
    Humm I actually haven't fired it up without liquid.
    Will do that tonight.
    I unfortunately don't have any pictures .... cause I took it all apart and tried to use the cotton wick ... thinking it might get rid of the burnt taste.
    I left all the filling holes unscrewed ... and took a couple of tootes .... was not too good, not too bad considering it was fresh fill.
    But ..... it leaked everywhere ...... so I guess you've got to keep the screws in place, otherwise juice leaks .... ( saw a video somewhere the guy said juice does'nt leak even after leaving the screws open .. wrong)

    My impressions on this one compared to the DCT tank with dual coil cartos and Vivi nova I've been using : it is bad and too many issues to work with here.
    Leaving the fill holes open will cause leaks if you do not keep your mod upright, laying it on its side will let juice leak.
    Also if you are using cotton wick, it is possible that you will get slight leaks even with the mod upright, because of the juice transfering to the coil & traveling down on the neg side of the coil, this shouldn't be a lot though.
    Burnt taste is telling me 2 possibilities 1) Your using too high a voltage for the juice you are vaping &/or 2) You didn't oxidise or build your mesh wick properly.

    Genesis style atties take a bit of getting used to & have a pretty steep learning curve, which is why most experienced vapers do not recommend them to inexperienced vapers.
    Always when starting to use genesis style atties, I believe you should be doing it in the comfort of your own home, when you have plenty of time to spare & always have a reliable back up device to vape on, like a carto tank you know how to use with confidence or a clearo etc.

    Edit: also if you used the same juice in the tank after using the mesh & getting a burnt taste from it, then just threw in a cotton wick, the burnt juice would still be in the tank giving you a slight burnt taste with the cotton wick. A properly made cotton wick that is kept wet will not burn & if your coil is made properly with no shorts between wraps, then there are only 2 possible reasons for a burnt taste in your vape. 1) Too much voltage 2) bad juice that has already been burnt mixing in with clean juice.
    Last edited by Noe; 29-11-12 at 06:08 PM.
    studiovape likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

    Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

    The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

    Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

    I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth, WA, Australia
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalivapor View Post
    I think I need to do a how to do video
    And post it here
    I'll watch, please do one
    bigalivapor likes this.
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

  10. #10
    AVF Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    3,228
    Quote Originally Posted by gauravn4u View Post
    my issues with this aga-t
    Can someone help with their wisdom here:

    1. I find there is some burning taste.
    2. twice the wire has been heated up to the point that the juice hanging around it caught fire !!!! lucky I was just testing to see how far I can crank it upto
    3. The juice leaks from all over if I leave the filling hole open, (I carry my provari mini in my pocket all the time)
    1. Burning taste means a hotspot, etc.. or that the coil is not being supplied juice fast enough. There could be a few factors. Firstly, the wire between the centre post wick is too large. Secondly, parts of your coil are not touching the wick. Thirdly, you have a short or hotspot on your coil that is heating up much more than the rest of the coil. Fourthly (I checked, it's a word) you need to invert your device as you vape, so that the wick is fed juice by gravity. Fifthly (Once more, it's a word) you need to make sure your air hole is directly in line with the wick.

    2. Perfectly normal, happens all the time.

    3. Leave the fill hole open, it allows juice to better travel through your wick. Genesis atomisers should be kept upright at all times. If you can't keep it upright, don't use it.
    It might also be worth checking that everything is screwed together nice and tight.



    Quote Originally Posted by gauravn4u View Post
    I am just wondering if these genesis mods are for me and for that matter the hybrid mods.
    I've been using carto tanks for some time now and am over them .... I need a carto change every 2 - 3 days so was looking at cheaper alternatives.

    All I did was:
    rolled up a wick of approximate size .... oxidized it on my cooking gas flame, and burnt some juice on it as well.
    rolled a wire, I thought it was fine..... looked pretty neat as well.
    checked ohms on my provari ... it was reading 1.9 volts, so I set my provari at around 3.7 volts and off we go with a horrible burnt taste with low levels of vapor.


    Thanks.
    Gaurav
    A message has been lost in the exponential popularity of genesis atomisers. You need to tinker with them. It takes time to learn what to and what not to do. It took me two weeks to really get them working right for me and that was a couple of hours every day spent playing with them. They are not easy, they are not for beginners. But, once you figure it all out, they are easy.

    Three words of advice. Don't use a gas stove, it doesn't oxidize properly. Invest in a torch burner.
    Second, as I think someone else has suggested, remove all the juice from the tank, set to a low volt setting (if you're getting 1.9 Ohms, go for about 3.2V) dim the lights, grab a needle filling tip or sewing needle, etc.. Hold down the button, the coil should glow evenly, if one point is ultra bright, nudge it slightly. Keep doing this until your coil glows evenly, bump up the voltage by about 0.4V and repeat. Third, research the rollie paper method/trick.

    You've just got to keep at it, they're very frustrating at first. I was at the point of throwing one of mine against a brick wall with so much velocity that it would've broken through the wall. Now, they're pretty much all I vape.
    Ravenscroft, vapourize and Tek like this.

    (*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
All times are GMT +11. The time now is 01:28 AM.