Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Batteries and my Provari Mini

Batteries and my Provari Mini

Ok so I'm using a Provari Mini with no extension cap so I'm using 18350 AW IMR Batteries. I'm using a SR Boge Carto on an EPM carto tank. I'm vaping for the most part at 5 volts. Should I be vaping on a battery until I see the light flashing on my provari? That is what I normally do but I only have 2 batteries and I'm going through about 1 1/2 batteries a day. I'm home all day and most days I sit here and chain vape.

Also, and God Help me now....I have a Phoenix XL Rebuildable Atomiser on the way from Vapebar and so I'm wondering if it will be the same with battery life and if I"ll feel the need to vape at 5 volts still. I know this is prob eating more of my battery life at 5v. I have watched videos on how to build the Phoenix so I'm gonna give it a go and cross my fingers and everything else and hope it works...haha. I'm not a dripper now but in a strange sort of way I am. I fill my tank but then I drip different flavors in the top of my carto to get a shot of extra whatever tastes I want on top of what's in the carto (ok I know I'm strange), so dripping may be a nice thing for me.

When I get the phoenix I may be back with tons of questions but I do have a couple now. When I see you guys typing 4/5 or 3/4 regarding the coils..what the hell does that mean? LOL Does that mean I wrap it 4 times or 5 times or what? I have extra silica wicks and the Kanthal wire 32g that Vapebar sells coming along with it but I'm interested in trying cotton wicks and have seen one guy even used 100% Cotton fabric and another guy used 100% cotton yarn then yet other people are using 100% Gauze as in Bandages from a roll. What are your thoughts on this?

P.S.
    My husband thinks I'm crazy...he's happy go lucky with his ego and a tank...I'm never happy (ya, ya, I know...guys you will say this of all females) :P

Ok..I think I've asked enough for now. Thanks for helping guys and girls
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

AVF Regular
    your good to keep vaping on it when the light is flashing. You can check the battery voltage left in the menu system and it will run all the way down to 3.2V before it dies.

if you want better battery life, run a 2.4 or 3 ohm carto at 6Volts i guess (your vaping at a good part of around 11 watts)

remember lower ohm = higher amp = less battery life
    higher ohm (even though you are vaping at higher voltage) generlly less amp draw = longer battery life.

the 3/4 or 4/5 wrap would be the wraps indeed. 3/4 wraps is basically a 4 wrap, but when you rotate one side will show 3 coils while the other 4 and the same with 4/5 (its just because it spirals)

hope that helps
    xALISAx likes this.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    oh as for cotton wick material, heard they are great! but gotta keep it saturated, like a carto if you get a dry hit its gone. Silica seems to be a happy medium for me.
    if you got 32 AWG kanthal id say wrap it around 4/5 or even 5/6 as the thicker the wire the less resistence you will have (i use 34AWG 3/4 wrap around a double wick and i get between 1.8-2 ohm)

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Well I'm using a standard boge and it reads on my provari around 2.5-3.0 and most of the time I see it at 3.0 when I check. So are you saying if I bump it up to 6 volts it would get better battery life? That seems the opposite to me LOL. Wouldn't that run it down faster than vaping at 5v on the same carto?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael-Mikey-Mike View Post
    oh as for cotton wick material, heard they are great! but gotta keep it saturated, like a carto if you get a dry hit its gone. Silica seems to be a happy medium for me.
    if you got 32 AWG kanthal id say wrap it around 4/5 or even 5/6 as the thicker the wire the less resistence you will have (i use 34AWG 3/4 wrap around a double wick and i get between 1.8-2 ohm)
    Are you using a VV like a provari and if so using the number of wraps you do, what voltage are you vaping at?

AVF Regular
    oh sorry i read that as LR instead of SR hahahahahaha my bad! had a 7 hour drive today!

Yes you are certainly right! you are around 9 or 10 watts off the top of my head. and i think that will be the best battery life you can get from a 18350.
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 03-12-12 at 08:25 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by xALISAx View Post
    Are you using a VV like a provari and if so using the number of wraps you do, what voltage are you vaping at?
    yup using a spheroid on my provari and its wrapped 3/4 with awg34 nichrome, gives me around 1.8-2 ohm and run the provari at 3.8V if its 1.8ohm and 4V if its coming out at 2,0 ohm. Basic rule i learned from others is add 2 volts ontop of the resistence of your carto or atty etc (so 1.8 ohm + 2 = 3.8V)

If your using 32AWG id recommend a 4/5 wrap (personal experience when testing the two). More wraps will give you a higher resistance but you gotta get the coil to fit the phoenix
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 03-12-12 at 08:29 PM.
    xALISAx likes this.

Ok thanks. I'll just go with the flow for now and my phoenix should be here in a couple days or so and I'll try the 4/5 wraps and see what I come up with and just start at around 3.8 and hope for the best..haha. This can't be too hard huh? Let's hope not. If I'm successful with the phoenix, I may get a rebuildable tank at some point but would prob order a second phoenix first so I'll have 1 ready to go if the other one fails.

Also, how long do you guys normally get out of yours when you build one assuming the build is all good? Like a day or a few days or can you go a week? Just wondering how much wire I"m gonna need to be buying to keep me going.

AVF Regular
    ummmm when you build it just ohm check it with your provari and go from there

on my spheroid at the moment i get prob about 2-3 weeks from a rebuild (but i do dry burn it once in a while to get rid of build up, the advantages of silica wick)

you'll get the hang of it though silica wick rebuildables are the easiest and if i can do it anyone can! hahaha i break everything! when i started vaping a killed about 7 ego style batteries, 5 KR-808s and 3 510 batteries. I even managed to screw up my GGTS at one stage. So you'll be right! hahahaha

LOL Ok...well I shall report back and let you know how I go
    Michael-Mikey-Mike likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast