Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Vivi Nova dry hits

AVF Regular
    Mine are exactly that cop..they came in a black box with Vision on it ( i think it was vision) with 3 heads in total and i got a packet of 1.8ohm heads for extras....maybe they need to break in a bit?..I didn give them much time to do that..but in all honesty, after cutting the cap shorter they wicked up instantly...not complaining..just I know they are popular yet never heard of them dry hitting so i thought Id post it..

I've found you have to "rest" the novas a bit longer than say the Stardusts before you take the first puff to avoid dry hits. Slower absorption of juice or something ?

Some of them just have shit wicks.

I noticed with a 5 pack of 3.2 ohm ones from HC, I rewicked all except 1.

Stomp i has this problem months ago, i dont know if it was or was not genuine vision but i did the same as you and got it working. i only use vivi novas and i have 3 new in boxes and 4 on the go fuk'n love em !
    Mushman and Stomp like this.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

Also @ 1.8ohms you only need run it at low volts...around 3.4 to 3.7,much higher and they'll wick fast and dry hit.

I'm using a Vision Spinner with 2.8's @ 4V and it's sweet as!

PG/VG is 80/20.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mushman View Post
    Also @ 1.8ohms you only need run it at low volts...around 3.4 to 3.7,much higher and they'll wick fast and dry hit.

I'm using a Vision Spinner with 2.8's @ 4V and it's sweet as!

PG/VG is 80/20.
    Ok...Im using the UDT-L in 350 mode...not too sure what it puts out but it sounds good when u hit the power button..before it was just hissing an dry...has a nice crackle now and tons of vapour...50/50 mix ( zat make sense on the sound...lol..u know wot i mean, you get an ear for it after a bit) dont have meters or anything fancy to test..I actually wound the bottom spring up in copper wire from an old piece of co-axial wire winding, about 2 inchs worth...i heard they lose some voltage...anyways, more novas coming and happy stompinator !!!
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    I don't know why anyone would bother with carto tanks nowdays with Vivi Novas available.
    When i read posts like this i keep thinking i must be doing something wrong!

I've tried stardusts, klangers, comets and vivi novas and i just cant get the same great flavour i can get out of a carto tank.

The mini nova i recently tried, i could taste the silicon of the wick too, which kind of put me off trying any more top coils.
    Jon Snow and X-BoNeS-X like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    watch out for the minis as the base can come off and leak everywhere
    Mushman likes this.

AVF Regular
    I use Vivi Novas, Mini Novas and Bella carto tanks. Best flavour and consistency comes from the Bellas, I love the Novas too, but a properly functioning carto tank is pretty hard to beat. It's like you're using a freshly filled carto every vape.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I use Vivi Novas, Mini Novas and Bella carto tanks. Best flavour and consistency comes from the Bellas, I love the Novas too, but a properly functioning carto tank is pretty hard to beat. It's like you're using a freshly filled carto every vape.
    Dont u find it really muted and soft? Cud never get a good TH off a carto...tons of vapor but no TH..even with the low ohm ones...horses for courses i guess
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast