Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Relatively cheap RBA for Reo Grand

AVF Regular

Relatively cheap RBA for Reo Grand

Hi folks,
    was looking at my neglected Reo Grand this morning and thinking if I had a Chalice or another bottom fed rebuildable it might get used a bit more as it's a great mod with really good juice capacity and battery life and is near on indestructible.
    Problem is most RBA's that would work are either expensive, not easily available and mostly have to be bought from overseas.
    I then remembered the Vision Eternity I bought from E Cig Modshop recently, another decent bit of kit which i use occasionally but not as often as I should.
    Anyway,
    after a quick clean of the Reo, stuck in a fresh battery, screwed on the Eternity (really nice fit leaves just enough space round the base for good airflow and looks like it was made to go in the Reo juice well perfectly)
    Works amazingly well.
    Squonking is easy and less likely to be as potentially messy than using a standard Atty or Carto because the juice goes straight up the breather tube into the atty body and doesn't (at this stage anyway) appear to pool in the juice well and any excess either get's sucked into the atty reservoir or runs back down the tube into the Reo juice bottle.
    Was really close to selling the Reo due to lack of use but think I've just found my new travelling setup.
    just thought I'd share
    cheers
    D1g
    ckane, eTama, cruzmiguel and 2 others like this.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Super Moderator
    Very Very cool Mark .... I was pondering this with my Reo lately and was deciding whether or not to bore a central hole in one of my Bulli/pheonix atties lol
    Might have to investigate the eternity now
    Have you perchance got a piccie of the bottom hole I could reference ?
    They also have a pretty high set wick dont they ? no issues feeding up after a squonk?
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    when you squonk it actually comes up the centre tube so you maybe squonk a bit harder than you would with a normal atty
    excuse the Phone pics
    WP_000074.jpgWP_000077.jpgWP_000078.jpg

What does squonk mean?
    Looks very good though.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    What does squonk mean?
    Looks very good though.
    From what i've gathered from Fatman... is that it's when you squeeze the bottle from a bottom fed device, it's the sound it makes...

I dunno wether it's true, or it's "code" for something..... but u never know with these reomod users! :P

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    What does squonk mean?
    Looks very good though.
    Squonking is squeezing the bottle you can see through the hole in the body of the Reo
    Yeah it's a term invented by Reonauts
    Bullos likes this.

Super Moderator
    LOL @ you two !
    Yep when you fill a Reo by squeezing the bottle it floods the atomiser, but when you let go it sucks the extra liquid back into the fill bottle . when it breaks the vacuum at the end , there is a very audible " SQUONK " sound
    Hence we are Squonkers LOL
    Bullos likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the pics D1g .. yeah its like I thought , you would get a little fountain into the wick and reservoir ... and shockingly , probably no Squonk noise lol !
    I think it would take some mastery to get just the right amount in there

So can you use squonker in a sentence like, 'Fatman you are a squonker'?
    Maybe we need an AVF glossary
    D1git and Fatman like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Thanks for the pics D1g .. yeah its like I thought , you would get a little fountain into the wick and reservoir ... and shockingly , probably no Squonk noise lol !
    I think it would take some mastery to get just the right amount in there
    Doesn't seem to be anymore difficult than normal Squonking.
    Always find it good to Suck while you Squonk but stop when you here it gurgle a bit
    gtadmin and Fatman like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast