Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: New Vivi Nova heads making my juice taste like ass

New Vivi Nova heads making my juice taste like ass

I ordered a bunch of replacement heads from Health Cabin to go in my Vivi Novas and they are making my juice taste really bad. I can take a vivi nova with a head from VK and a Vivi Nova with a head from Health Cabin, use the same juice on the same battery with the same voltage and the one with the health cabin head tastes like shit. I've tried this with several juices and several heads and I get the same result. They look the same and the silica feels the same so I don't know what could be causing this.

Not blaming Health Cabin for this, it could be a bad batch from a supplier but I've ordered 30 of these things & I'm hoping there is something I can do to make them taste better.

Any ideas?

Is there a hotspot on the coils?

I find they taste "watery and thin" for 3-4 days, then they break in. That's probably 15ml worth.
    The current head I'm using has had about 150ml put through it without a clean or dry burn so at least they last.

Wash them plenty in hot water it may just be some machine oil in them. Hope they come good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Is there a hotspot on the coils?

I find they taste "watery and thin" for 3-4 days, then they break in. That's probably 15ml worth.
    The current head I'm using has had about 150ml put through it without a clean or dry burn so at least they last.
    It's not a burnt taste so would that rule out a hot spot? I've never built my own so I'm not sure what a hot spot "tastes" like. It's more a cat piss taste (not that i've tasted cat piss but the taste is what cat piss smells like.)

Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    Wash them plenty in hot water it may just be some machine oil in them. Hope they come good for you.
    Thanks I'll give that a shot, although I'm wary of doing that since I ruined 5 Stardusts the other day by pouring boiling water into them. It melted the glue around the silver bit the mouth piece crews into. Newbie mistake.

Every new head I get, I wash it with hot water, do a dry burn, wash it again and then let it dry out, works wonders

I also take out the silica sleeve.

I also noticed if I used boiling water on some things, they go crap, now I only use hot/warm water
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    Every new head I get, I wash it with hot water, do a dry burn, wash it again and then let it dry out, works wonders

I also take out the silica sleeve.

I also noticed if I used boiling water on some things, they go crap, now I only use hot/warm water
    The silica sleeve that fits over the head? What's the point of that anyway?

Not that bit, you need that bit to stop it leaking if you have it on its side...if you look inside where the coil is, there is a sleeve type thing, it insulates the coil to the metal sides I believe its used for, but I find it crap lol.
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishster View Post
    It's not a burnt taste so would that rule out a hot spot? I've never built my own so I'm not sure what a hot spot "tastes" like. It's more a cat piss taste (not that i've tasted cat piss but the taste is what cat piss smells like.)
    Wait does it taste like ass or cat piss, which is it?
    How do you know what cat piss tastes like anyway or ass for that matter?

Could just be machine oil on the heads, could be the silicone is pushed too far down on the head, could be the silica was made from cat piss.
    davee likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

i give a brief dry burn on everything but cartos, not long enough to melt silicon bits, but will often get a small puff of smoke as it burns off something on either the coil or the wick.
    low voltage, 1 or 2 second burst is all it needs.
    DAWZZY likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast