Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Batteries for Vamo

AVF Regular

Batteries for Vamo

What batteries are suitable to use for the vamo? health cabin recommends unprotected batteries but i would rather use protected

AVF Regular
    Will need AW or some other type of IMR batteries. The ones that SS600 has for the provari work perfect. Vamo has built in protection as well

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    Im using the black nipple 2250mah ones from supersports. and 18350 aw for the little mode.

I'm using IMR (LiMn) batteries in 18350 and have both the AW s that come with it from ecigmodshop and the Efests from Supersport600s eBay store.

I was looking at a thread on ECF earlier .. someone had a near meltdown with an early release vamo,
    apparentely the electronics is encased in a metal cylinder with a hole in the bottom that the positive battery nipple contacts, using a flat top shorted the battery to the metal surrounding the hole and melted the bottom spring.
    seems manu is now aware of this and is insulating around the hole.
    I would say that the OP in that case used a magnet and it came adrift.
    apart from spring melt it did not damage the mod, he now has an insulator in there.

as such .. i would suggest ONLY nipple top batterys, no magnets at all..
    check to make sure it has an insulator up in the tube.
    i would be happy to use unprotecteds knowing the facts .. but thats me.
    lastchance likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    I was looking at a thread on ECF earlier .. someone had a near meltdown with an early release vamo,
    apparentely the electronics is encased in a metal cylinder with a hole in the bottom that the positive battery nipple contacts, using a flat top shorted the battery to the metal surrounding the hole and melted the bottom spring.
    apart from spring melt it did not damage the mod, he now has an insulator in there.

hey stoney does the vamo have same electronics as the zmax v2 ?
    Smokin no good A .

no idea .. unlikely.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    What batteries are suitable to use for the vamo? health cabin recommends unprotected batteries but i would rather use protected
    The AW IMR (LiMn - safer chemistry) battery seems to be all the go for the Vamo - apperently the 'protected' Li-on battery either doesn't fit or doesn't have quick enough drain.

Before you use the 18350 AW IMR's (stacked as a pair) I would do a quick resistance test, using the same atty, and compare the results from the 2 x 18350 configuration to that from the 18650.

I have just done an atty resistance check (using the same atty) on my Vamo and it varied between these two configurations.

1 x 18650 AW IMR gave a reading of 1.5 ohms
    2 x 18350 AW IMR's (stacked pair) gave a reading of 1.7 ohms

0.2 ohms may not seem a huge difference, but if the Vamo has read a 1.5 ohm atty as 1.7 ohms incorrectly, then given a VW setting of 9 watts, it will set the voltage at 3.95 volts. - This setting on a 1.5 ohm atty, would actually be 10.4 watts.

I would suggest using a higher resistance atty when you use the 2 x 18350 configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    hey stoney does the vamo have same electronics as the zmax v2 ?
    It appears to be an evolution of the Lavatube v2 electronics.
    Maybe stoney can confirm if they were the same manufacturer that Volcano asked him to speak with.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post

That's the problem with magnets. They can slip. I have to keep reminding people that if they must use a magnet, to only use it on the grounded end so it aint so bad if it slips.
    Noe likes this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast