Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ikarus

Tek

Ikarus

Well, this beauty finally arrived and WOW this thing is amazing. First of all it is small!

Second, this was the easiest genny I have ever setup, although I have only set up two. I got my 30 awg kanthal today so I used that and set it up using the Petar K drillbit method. I used a new fully oxidised wick and bam, perfect with the first hit. After setting this up I realised I have never had a perfect coil. I can't believe how easy it was, I am very impressed.

Third, the draw is perfect. My aga-t was too tight, the somnium was too loose, this is right in the middle.

I also bought the 18500 tube and if you combine the 18500 tube with the kick tube you can fit an 18650 battery. The machining is top notch even though there are some minor dings in mine. Probably equal or above the level of finishing on my kir fanis tank and better than the Leo dripper.

Last, it's available but it is expensive at 170 euros. Still, considering I can't see myself buying anything else for a long time it's well worth it.

Standard Ikarus next to Provari Mini.

Ikarus with kick tube and SS 16350 tube next to Provari Mini.

Check out the vapor and keep in mind I'm still a noob at genesis atomisers:

AVF Regular
    Very Nice Mod

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

AVF Regular
    Good to hear Tek. Did you have any trouble with the tightness of the tank?

A few people have had cracks.

Tek
    Quote Originally Posted by kelt View Post
    Good to hear Tek. Did you have any trouble with the tightness of the tank?

A few people have had cracks.
    It was a tight fit and I cut my finger which is why I got the band aid on my finger in the video. No cracks yet, I followed the instructions on slowly twisting it on and eventually got it down. I'll keep you updated if any cracks develop.

AVF Regular
    She fire's up alright, Please do let us know about the tank.
    Had read about it being too tight, and with all the production problems seemed best to hold off purchasing for now.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    It was a tight fit and I cut my finger which is why I got the band aid on my finger in the video. No cracks yet, I followed the instructions on slowly twisting it on and eventually got it down. I'll keep you updated if any cracks develop.
    Is the tank glass with sharp edges , that you cut your finger on?
    Seems if it is, that it's a bit poor quality control for such a high priced unit.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Tek
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Is the tank glass with sharp edges , that you cut your finger on?
    Seems if it is, that it's a bit poor quality control for such a high priced unit.
    It's debatable, you wouldn't cut your finger by running it along the edge of the tank. I was using a lot of force and the instructions were to use gloves when putting on the tank - which I ignored . All my other tanks have the same sharp edges. That said, you're right if the edge was rounded slightly or more importantly if it didn't require as much pressure to fit the tank I wouldn't have got cut.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Maybe look at getting a replacement tank tube from these guys, they do custom sizes & can even do beveled edges to prevent accidents
    https://www.ibtanked.com/custom-cut-...2mm-to-32mm-od
    https://www.ibtanked.com/custom-cut-tubes/16mm-20mm
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Tek
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Maybe look at getting a replacement tank tube from these guys, they do custom sizes & can even do beveled edges to prevent accidents
    https://www.ibtanked.com/custom-cut-...2mm-to-32mm-od
    https://www.ibtanked.com/custom-cut-tubes/16mm-20mm
    That's perfect. I'll grab one and try it out.

Sorry to drag up a old thread, but good ol Phil B did his review - A PBusardo Review - The Ikarus Hybrid - YouTube

Is your still kicking along Tek, anyone else have one and wish to comments.

Now that I'm full swing into the genesis, I'm thinking a hybrid is the way to go, and this is a nice and small form factor one!
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast