Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: At Last a Super battery efficient Genesis setup !!!

AVF Regular

At Last a Super battery efficient Genesis setup !!!

At Last a Super battery efficient Genesis setup !!!

Anyone who has seen any of my DID or AGA-T set-up post will know I’m not a fan of high ohm coils mainly because I pretty much only use my mechanical mods now, primarily the Paps, and although it is still pretty compact in 18650 mode I just can’t love even that because of it’s long length and weight, call me a winger, but as time goes on I want a more and more compact unit, especially when out and about.
    My Zmax although tough and powerful just feels like a truncheon, and now lives at home most of the time.
    What I am getting at is I love the Paps in 18350 mode and like it a lot, although less, in 18500 mode, but my low ohm set-ups have been hovering around the 0.7-0.9 Ohm mark and the battery life in 18350 mode is pitiful and only slightly better in 18500 mode.
    I had been using #500 mesh 75-100mm length rolled semi tight to around 3mm diameter 4-6 wrap 28g Kanthal or Nichrome with the adjustable tank breather screw I developed to ease vacuum lock while wicking.

I have recently been on a power efficiency mission hoping to get some decent runtime out of the 18350s and 18500s, and I really think I have cracked it.( I don’t take all the credit, as all I know is through AVF ECF and my own experimentation)

How about a 10watt 1.4Ohm setup with fill screw in, that vapes more consistently, produces as much vapor and flavour as a 20watt 0.7Ohm #500 mesh 75-100mm length rolled semi tight to around 3mm diameter 4-6 wrap 28g Kanthal or Nichrome with the adjustable tank breather screw?

Here it is, I know it’s not as pretty as my other set-ups, but that’s partly because I’ve run over 15ml of 90% vg Royal Blend e-liquid through it before posting , just to make sure this is not a fluke, and that it has durability.

Setup is on an AGA-T, it has a 5mm countersunk wickhole with a 3.5mm id glass insulator (cut from a 4mm fuse, then sanded to remove any chips or roughness with about a 3-3.15mm internal diameter, and I will add that it is not subject to massive temperature or stress with this setup, and shows no signs of stress fractures or chipping) 6 wrap 30g kanthal minimal pitch coil on 65mm of #200 mesh, rolled quite tight to 2mm (or tooth pick/qtip diameter) with tiny center hole.

So far all I can say is this really rocks, and I never would have thought this would be my goto setup, but until I find anything that is even better all my super low ohm gennys are going unused & gathering dust.
    Last edited by studiovape; 27-12-12 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Fuse diameter closer to 5mm not 4mm sorry:)
    Noe, floorzone2, kptrip and 9 others like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Mate where did you get the glass fuse?
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

CMB
    AVF Regular
    What about PTFE tubing like Zen uses?

Well done
    And thanks for taking time explaining
    With pictures and sharing
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Mate where did you get the glass fuse?
    5mm slow blow fuse 69cent I think, from leading edge electronics.
    Pretty standard, almost every entertainment device, tvs,DVD players, tape decks, amplifiers have them inside the case at the back, as an internal safety cut off.
    Bought six or seven to try the Pyrex mesh hybrid thing.
    I heated the ends of the fuse with a lighter and popped off the caps, and wiped of the glue and flux.
    Then lightly clamped the glass tube in the chuck it a battery drill leaving the required length sticking out plus the cut width.
    Then spam the drill up and used the edge of a thin dremel cutting wheel against the tube and spinning chick to get a nice even cut. After a while the required length just pops off and then I sanded it with fine wet and dry to clean up the cut.
    I used a sliver of silicone cut from a carto condom to wedge it in the fractionly oversized 4mm countersunk wickhole for easily removal and to avoid cracking die to expansion and contraction of the ss wickhole
    Last edited by studiovape; 27-12-12 at 12:35 PM. Reason: 5mm not 4mm fuse
    eTama, Vinny and Bullos like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CMB View Post
    What about PTFE tubing like Zen uses?
    Melts eventually, it's supposed to be non toxic, but it doesn't smell so great.
    I am pretty hard on my genesis heatwise when I dry burn and often find I get my most stable setups by adjusting glowing coils tight onto my wick, if I get the wick glowing with an even glowing coil it does not harm or eat into the mesh IMHO, it just gives me an ultra stable coil and wick.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Some people now oxidise the washers too?!
    That's what the rev 2 AC9s have.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalivapor View Post
    Well done
    And thanks for taking time explaining
    With pictures and sharing
    No worries Ali, it not that the results we post might work for everyone every time, but the number of times I've been trying to make an advance in one genesis area or another, and somthing I read somwhere somtime suddenly makes sense, becomes relevant to my setup at that moment and I'm grateful for the poster who aided the galvanization of ideas leading to my newest solution.
    bigalivapor likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by <---cop View Post
    Some people now oxidise the washers too?!
    That's what the rev 2 AC9s have.
    I use (most of) my washers to carry current from the center post terminal to the coil as close as possible to the wick to avoid hot legs, how does reducing the conductivity of the washers become anything other than counterproductive?
    Noe likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Don't know
    studiovape likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast