Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: my first genesis atomizer!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    just tried with the gladwrap technique, still hot spots. URGGGGG GETTING SO freaking frustrated. itll work well for an hour then just refuse to work after that.
    Where are you located bronco?, maybe someone near, could pay you an emergency assistance visit before you lose your shit
    If you were in my town i'd be happy to do a house call or meet up, I think I can speak for others in that some would be more than happy to do the same, we all remember what it was like in our early genesis days, but is is worth it? OH YES
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Where are you located bronco?, maybe someone near, could pay you an emergency assistance visit before you lose your shit
    If you were in my town i'd be happy to do a house call or meet up, I think I can speak for others in that some would be more than happy to do the same, we all remember what it was like in our early genesis days, but is is worth it? OH YES
    im in melbourne. i know iAnalyst lives near me when i went to meet him for some juice. but i dont wana trouble anyone. its definitely worth it, cause when it worked yesterday wonderfully i really fell in love with the flavour and vapor production it provided. now my vivi nova tastes like nothing compared to it

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    just tried with the gladwrap technique, still hot spots. URGGGGG GETTING SO freaking frustrated. itll work well for an hour then just refuse to work after that.
    Sounds to me like a poorly oxidised wick.

Take the juice out, take the wick out, unwrap the GW, get s cig lighter & burn the juice off the wick (be careful of your fingers), drip more juice on half the wick & burn it off again, repeat 3-5 times then do the other end. That should give the wick a nice layer of carbon.
    If your coil is too tight on the wick, then roll the wick a little before carbonising it. Get it so that is slides in & out of the coil without forcing it & isn't too loose, it should be just snug.

After adding the carbon test without the GW without juice & see if you have any hotspots, if your hotspot is on the pos leg to the coil then you still have a short or the top coil is too loose, try tightening it by undoing the screw & moving the wire into the pos a bit more, then try firing again.
    If you are still getting that same hotspot, try the GW technique & see if it helps, if it does, then problem solved, if it doesn't you'll have to remove the GW again & do it the old fashioned way by trying to bump the coils into place until the hotspots are all gone.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    im in melbourne. i know iAnalyst lives near me when i went to meet him for some juice. but i dont wana trouble anyone. its definitely worth it, cause when it worked yesterday wonderfully i really fell in love with the flavour and vapor production it provided. now my vivi nova tastes like nothing compared to it
    Sorry I'm not in Melbourne, but many of us are, and many of us are passionate about helping those in need, we spend many hours a week considering what to reply to posts and how best to assist in solving problems being experience by vapers, and sometimes this is all in vain just because of one small seemingly unimportant detail that is missed purely because we are not seeing/smelling/hearing what you are first hand. Just my opinion, but don't be afraid to ask for help, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Vaping since July 2012.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    Sorry I'm not in Melbourne, but many of us are, and many of us are passionate about helping those in need, we spend many hours a week considering what to reply to posts and how best to assist in solving problems being experience by vapers, and sometimes this is all in vain just because of one small seemingly unimportant detail that is missed purely because we are not seeing/smelling/hearing what you are first hand. Just my opinion, but don't be afraid to ask for help, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
    Yep agree with this, we can only try to help but we are not there to experience what you are experiencing. It is just as important that you give us as much detail as you can about the problem as we try to do in our solutions.
    studiovape likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

AVF Regular
    Welcome to the wonderful world of genesis atomisers my friend. It is what it is, not much you can do but keep on fiddling & rebuilding.

We could all give you pages of advice but it will only get you so far, you can't tell someone in writing the right tension the wire needs to be around the wick, how to connect the wire to the terminals correctly (especially when that person hasn't used that atomiser before), how tight the wick needs to be in the hole (personal preference), how much mesh to use (personal preference), which grade of mesh they will prefer and how to adjust your coil for a specific short or hotspot. Everybody finds their own way eventually and every person has their own unique technique to setup a genesis atomiser. Even then you find ways to improve on your build but you will get there if you keep trying. There's just so many variables, which while making them a versatile device, also makes them fiddly.

I used to give advice on genesis atomisers but I don't any more because nothing compares to practice and experience. It may take you a few weeks but you will learn your own tricks and/or take tips from multiple people to make it your own method. Somebody could show you or even teach you but it may not be to your liking. I mean this with utmost sincerity, you're better off doing it alone and learning the hard way! In the end you will get there, but genesis atomisers aren't easy. The first one always comes free but thereafter, it's a *****. Frustration is all a part of it mate, it's a rite of passage! Will you crack and give up or will you persist until you achieve your goal?

Every genesis atomiser needs to be set up differently too. I've been using them for about 7 months now and although that experience does help, when you get a new one it can sometimes take a few setups to get it working right.

The only real sound advice anyone should give with genesis atomisers is to keep at it and try different techniques until you find what's right and works for you.
    Oh, and don't rebuild over carpet, otherwise you will end up with very sore feet and pissed off girlfriends/wives/children.

I feel like a broken record with the following statement but with the popularity of rebuildables, the fact that they aren't plug and play and they do require copious amounts of tinkering has slowly been lost.
    Can a moderator please make a locked sticky thread with a title simply stating "Genesis atomisers are not easy!"

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful world of genesis atomisers my friend. It is what it is, not much you can do but keep on fiddling & rebuilding.

We could all give you pages of advice but it will only get you so far, you can't tell someone in writing the right tension the wire needs to be around the wick, how to connect the wire to the terminals correctly (especially when that person hasn't used that atomiser before), how tight the wick needs to be in the hole (personal preference), how much mesh to use (personal preference), which grade of mesh they will prefer and how to adjust your coil for a specific short or hotspot. Everybody finds their own way eventually and every person has their own unique technique to setup a genesis atomiser. Even then you find ways to improve on your build but you will get there if you keep trying. There's just so many variables, which while making them a versatile device, also makes them fiddly.

I used to give advice on genesis atomisers but I don't any more because nothing compares to practice and experience. It may take you a few weeks but you will learn your own tricks and/or take tips from multiple people to make it your own method. Somebody could show you or even teach you but it may not be to your liking. I mean this with utmost sincerity, you're better off doing it alone and learning the hard way! In the end you will get there, but genesis atomisers aren't easy. The first one always comes free but thereafter, it's a *****. Frustration is all a part of it mate, it's a rite of passage! Will you crack and give up or will you persist until you achieve your goal?

Every genesis atomiser needs to be set up differently too. I've been using them for about 7 months now and although that experience does help, when you get a new one it can sometimes take a few setups to get it working right.

The only real sound advice anyone should give with genesis atomisers is to keep at it and try different techniques until you find what's right and works for you.
    Oh, and don't rebuild over carpet, otherwise you will end up with very sore feet and pissed off girlfriends/wives/children.

I feel like a broken record with the following statement but with the popularity of rebuildables, the fact that they aren't plug and play and they do require copious amounts of tinkering has slowly been lost.
    Can a moderator please make a locked sticky thread with a title simply stating "Genesis atomisers are not easy!"
    Absolutely I found it pretty hard. And I haven't even used mesh yet!! I was using silica and to feed the thread into thehole was such a fiddle thing to do especially once it started falling apart. I tried to wish it down using toothpick lol and it didn't end well because I think I have snapped it and it didn't wick properly. Was masked by juice I drop on the wick at the top while testing the build but once it dried up I was hit by nasty dry hit

Don'tknow if I have the strength to try with mesh once mine arrives lol

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    Absolutely I found it pretty hard. And I haven't even used mesh yet!! I was using silica and to feed the thread into thehole was such a fiddle thing to do especially once it started falling apart. I tried to wish it down using toothpick lol and it didn't end well because I think I have snapped it and it didn't wick properly. Was masked by juice I drop on the wick at the top while testing the build but once it dried up I was hit by nasty dry hit

Don'tknow if I have the strength to try with mesh once mine arrives lol
    Mesh should wick better I think that is what gennies are really designed for
    Essie's Glass DTs

AVF Regular
    I will quickly talk about my technique I suppose.

Put a few drops of juice on the top of an oxidised wick, wrap ciggy rollie paper around the wick 1 1/2 times and long enough to go from the top of the wick to the wick hole. Wrap your coil a little tighter than you would without the paper. When wrapping the wire around the wick, rotate the device, don't rotate/move your hand around the wick. If the wick is flimsy, put a filling needle or a toothpick, etc in the centre of it, make sure the top wrap isn't loose. You can achieve this by putting the wire in the terminal so that by screwing it down, the wire is pulled towards the terminal, if it's still loose push at the wire between the terminal and the wick using a micro screwdriver or something similar while reinforcing the wick with your finger. Once you've set it all up, just start vaping. Don't burn off the paper just yet. Vape about 2mL of juice with the paper on, empty the tank and dry burn. You will have a nice layer of non conductive material on and between the wick and coil and should be able to hold the button down on your device for as long as you like with no problems. Short free every time. If by chance you do have a short, a gentle nudge at the location should be all that is needed and when I say gentle I mean it, you only want to move it about 1/10th of a mm.
    davee likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Mesh should wick better I think that is what gennies are really designed for
    If it's not mesh, it's not a genesis atomiser. It's a poorly designed silica rebuildable.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast