Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: my first genesis atomizer!

AVF Regular

my first genesis atomizer!

download.jpg

after failing to repair my VK comet and get it to working i was really disheartened and thought maybe this modding thing and trying a bit of everything wasnt for me. then i started on the aga-w. first, i bought a stupid pencil butane torch that would not hold a flame for more than 8 seconds. just kept dying. then i realised i didnt have a drill bit to try the drill bit method as suggested in Todds video. i thought screw it. ill try using lighters, that didnt work.wasnt hot enough. last idea was to use the kitchen stove. worked like a charm. oxidized it. stuck it in, wrapped the wire around and first only top coil lit up, moved it around and then it all lit up. im so stoked, i just wish i had another mod to stick the atomizer on. the L-rider is massive!

btw, what voltage should i be running at? the flavour is amazing but the vapour production isnt anymore than the vivi nova on the L-rider.
    Last edited by bronco; 29-12-12 at 01:08 AM.

AVF Regular
    Congrats Bronco, a working wick/coil usually takes a while to get going.

For vapor check your airhole lines up with the wick.

I see a four wrap, so about 4.1 V would be my guess.
    studiovape likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post
    Congrats Bronco, a working wick/coil usually takes a while to get going.

For vapor check your airhole lines up with the wick.

I see a four wrap, so about 4.1 V would be my guess.

yeah, its vaping alot more now. i was getting a hot spot at the top. adjusted it a bit and its working wonderfully. vapor is coming in by the buckets. the hit from this device is incredible. best investment thus far.

AVF Regular
    What Bugz said congrats, once you go genesis it's the start of a new world
    Check this ap out for all your coil calculations and more: PV Web Apps
    eTama and Bullos like this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

AVF Regular
    cheers guys. and thanks for the link.now i wana save up for a hybrid and diy juices.

AVF Regular
    A Gus 22 mod is a great match for the AGAs turns it into a hybrid looking beast for much less dosh : search at Atmomixani.gr.com.
    RTSvapes for nic
    eTama likes this.
    Vaping since July 2012.

received my first genesis as well . doesnt have ss mesh with me so i try to build it using the silica provided with it. burn the crap out of it after few vapes because it doesnt seem to wick well damn it! had the worst dry hit i have ever had almost knock me dead

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by studiovape View Post
    A Gus 22 mod is a great match for the AGAs turns it into a hybrid looking beast for much less dosh : search at Atmomixani.gr.com.
    RTSvapes for nic
    im interested in the telescopic one but its sold out. urg

yup will be ordering from there.

Check Vapingzone, and nicvape before you commit to buying from RTS.. May be cheaper. Vapingzone have a 20% off liquid sale at the moment..

AVF Regular
    this addiction is killing my wallet, and i dont mean nicotine! lol just bought a Boge f16 atomizer, a Sigelei telescopic mod and a 18350 battery because im too impatient for my name to come up in the orion or juggernaut list(still months away)

btw, with my aga-w i seem to be unable to have continous draws on it. i either get dry burns and have to tilt it downwards for it to wick properly or hot spots. without the top cap it seems fine tho. it looks and wicks really well. i dont think its the airhole cause when its wicking well i can take long draws, i just cant chain vape as by the third vape its dry and burns. is this normal for a genesis style atomizer to be so fiddly?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast