Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Cartos not fitting?

Cartos not fitting?

Has anyone has an issue with SmokTech Dual Coil Cartomisers not fitting inside any tank? We have never had this issue before until now. Let me give you the story.

My husband has been using these for a long time now religiously inside his tanks. He uses the LR 1.25 XL ones to fit the longer tanks. We ordered a couple of boxes from a local vendor and he used the others he had then started on his new ones. The only difference with these than what he has been ordering in the past from other places is these are not pre-punched. He was bitching from day one saying that he was forcefully having to put them in his tank and of course I didn't pay much attention because I figured it was him bitching because he has to punch the holes which he isn't used to. We have a proper carto punch purchased from a vendor here also. Anyway, last week, I got sick of his bitching when he went to refill the tank and decided to look into his issues myself. I took an unpunched carto from his box and sure enough, it wouldn't fit inside my long tanks nor would they fit inside my EPM tanks. I handed him one of my boge and it slid right inside the same tank with no issues. His old ones fit in fine also. Our first thought was that it was the holes being punched that were distorting it a bit but this was an un-punched carto and it still was not fitting inside the hole of the tank properly.

My husband is a big strong man and is using all his might to even try to budge these things into his tanks. He literally has to get pliers to pull it out just to do a refill and then take a rag or something and press forcefully against the coffee table to make it go back inside. I've contacted the person we got them from and they explained where they get them, etc. and they are the real deal so how can I argue with that. I guess we just lost 20 bucks in merchandise and along with shipping it was 30.00.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen this before. I know we are not losing our minds here and this is all our imagination. Just can't afford to throw away anymore money on cartos that may or may not fit. Tearing up tanks isn't fun either. Especially an EPM tank which wasn't so cheap. (Remember they also have trouble with the DCT tank also)
    Last edited by xALISAx; 01-01-13 at 10:39 PM.

AVF Regular
    Are they getting stuck at the inner O-ring or even before that ?

They are tight even before that. All the other cartos slide inside the same tank and other tanks but not this lot. Seems strange.

AVF Regular
    Best option maybe buy new Delrin end caps and use a round file on the inner opening to loosen them a little.

I think he's just gonna chunk them out since it's only these 2 boxes that are doing it. He just ordered a Vivi nova style tank to try out and I guess if he doesn't like those he will source some different cartos and hope they didn't come from the same lot. Was just wondering if anyone else ever had this happen before.

AVF Regular
    If hubby likes carto's no need to chuck em out, delrin end caps are cheap just use them so you don't wreck your good ones.
    What if the next batch are the same?

Delrin End Caps

Stopped using carto's a Looong time ago.
    Are they Coloured by any chance?
    Some have a Wrap on them maybe it just needs to be peeled off?

No they are stainless ones. I'll show him the end caps just in case his new style tank doesn't work for him.

AVF Regular
    He would probably Love a Spheriod, its Re-buildable and has Fluff in it much the same as a carto but no need any Tank to house it.
    Products | vapourart.com
    lastchance likes this.

AVF Regular
    If he prefer's tanks maybe try one of these when back in stock KILLER 705

Is that re-buildable? He won't try anything like that Meaning he won't build his own with the wire, wick, mesh, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast