Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Cartos..Really?? WTF??

Cartos..Really?? WTF??

I must be missing something. I've tried several different types of cartos and i don't like any of them.

F16s seem to lack any flavour and then dry hit or gurgle. Then they dump all the juice out of the bottom

Smoktech cartos are better (when they work). I got a set of 5 prepunched cartos for a tank I bought and 4/5 were duds. They coils weren't anywhere near the filler. The one that worked seemed ok but still lacking flavour.

Normal Boge cartos (not punched) do nothing for me either.

I've heard people love these things. I must be doing something wrong.

AVF Regular
    When you fill the carto do you wait 5 mins for it to sink in Properly.

Not saying you're doing it wrong, I find cartos shit fullstop.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

Super Moderator
    Mishter, if you seem to hate carto's i'd give 306/901's a try and get a drip shield or a dca306 for them. They are slightly pricier, but last a good couple of months the 306/901 atty's.

Failing that, look at maybe a penelope/gp spheroid... they seem to be getting good reviews, and if silica isn't your thing, then maybe a genesis?

Quote Originally Posted by bugzme View Post

Yeah I do all that. Prime them yada yada. I just don't get it. That filler tastes like shit, much worse than silica in clearos.
    davee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Mishter, if you seem to hate carto's i'd give 306/901's a try and get a drip shield or a dca306 for them. They are slightly pricier, but last a good couple of months the 306/901 atty's.

Failing that, look at maybe a penelope/gp spheroid... they seem to be getting good reviews, and if silica isn't your thing, then maybe a genesis?
    Sorry for being dumb but whats a 306/901? And a dca306? Are they atomisers? (Still finding my way here with this stuff)

AVF Regular
    Silica needs to be 'Cleaned' before using to rid it of taste unless you use the one from E-smokeguru.
    His is the best available, To clean silica you need to burn it until it turns White (yeah I know its white to begin with)
    Maybe check it out on youtube.
    studiovape and Mishster like this.

Silica needs to be 'Cleaned' before using to rid it of taste unless you use the one from E-smokeguru.
    His is the best available, To clean silica you need to burn it until it turns White (yeah I know its white to begin with)
    Maybe check it out on youtube.
    I didn't know that. I'll check it out. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishster View Post
    Yeah I do all that. Prime them yada yada. I just don't get it. That filler tastes like shit, much worse than silica in clearos.
    Yep I agree. I used cartos until the advent of CE3s meaning basically stardust, ViVi or Comets and can never go back.
    Still some people love em and I won't argue with that.

Yep again 306s etc are atties. Dripping atties at that. In many ways these have been superseded now too by rebuildable and genesis.
    But there will always be purists who love them too.

My advice is keep doing what your doing. But I've a feeling you will settle on a reliable clearomizer for out and about and rebuildable/genesis for home and work.

Experimentation is fun.

Super Moderator

Very much the same here, i used to not mind carto's but now that i'm using juices with very little flavouring in them anyway, they taste like ass.

I still find clearo's have a funky taste to them that i just do NOT like. Specially with the juices i have at the moment. A rebuildeable with decent wicks may be reasonable though (haven't got some of the good stuff, but i'm waiting for some to be shipped as we speak). I'd look at a little phoenix rebuildeable or a bully rebuildeable as the next stepping stone tbh. They are a little bit of a pain as they are dripping atty's but once you figure out how many drips before you flood them it's only a 2-3 second ordeal to fill them up every 2 minutes or so.

Sorry for being dumb but whats a 306/901? And a dca306? Are they atomisers? (Still finding my way here with this stuff)
    Sorry should of explained it abit more. 306/901 are dripping atomizers. There are alot of different "makers" of these atty's, so you'll have to fish around for the good ones. I've tried the sailing tech ones and they are quite good, although you have to clean them and dry burn them every couple of days. But they are good.

901's i haven't tried yet but have some coming from the us as we speak, will let you know how i go with them.

The DCA306/Empire mods drip shield are kind of like catchcups. They stop juice from dripping down into the dripping well/device itself. They can hold a few drops of juice, and as you suck air in, it does get re-used. They are slightly expensive (the dca's end up being about 36 bucks a pop, the empire mods are around the 30 buck mark i believe with the adapter and a decent drip tip).

Quote Originally Posted by wood duck View Post
    Yep I agree. I used cartos until the advent of CE3s meaning basically stardust, ViVi or Comets and can never go back.
    Still some people love em and I won't argue with that.

Yep again 306s etc are atties. Dripping atties at that. In many ways these have been superseded now too by rebuildable and genesis.
    But there will always be purists who love them too.

My advice is keep doing what your doing. But I've a feeling you will settle on a reliable clearomizer for out and about and rebuildable/genesis for home and work.

Experimentation is fun.
    When my Vivi Novas are working well I can't fault them. I've just had a bad experience with buying dodgy heads lately that made me look for something else. But I think I'll persist with the Novas for now as I really do like them.

I've tried rewicking them with silica & cotton and gotten mixed results. I haven't gotten a home made wick to taste as good as the factory ones yet but I'll keep trying. I've just ordered a bunch of different sized silica, SS mesh, kanthal & nichrome so I'll be doing lots of experimentation. I haven't pulled the trigger on a genisis type atty yet but I think that's just around the corner.
    wood duck and davee like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast