Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: First rebuilable - what do you suggest?

First rebuilable - what do you suggest?

I'm going to get a rebuilable. I'm not going to spend hundreds of bucks initially in case I'm too retarded to do it properly. What do you guys suggest?

Previously Noe suggested a AGA-W and I think that looks good.

AGA-W Rebuildable Atomizer

I've also been looking at some from Vaping Mad:

VM Shot | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad
    VM Didya | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad

Are there any other suggestions for a first up, noob to rebuilables?

Good choices Mishster, I have the AGA-W and AGA-T.
    I haven't had much time with the AGA-W, but I had a leak out the bottom where the tank screws in, the juice is coming out the top at the base, most likely the O-ring isn't seated properly where the tank screws in.

One thing I like the AGA-T for, no threaded tank...

If you can wait, not sure how long, the AGA-T+ (V2) will be out sometime with the below "upgrades" -
    They have 4 upgrades compared to the old version:
    1. No threads on the caps, so the user can adjust the air hole at the same line of wick easily.
    2. All the metal parts are stainless, including center tube, positive post, negative post and screws.
    3. No the knurling on the body.
    4. The wick hole is closer to the positive post, so the user can reduce the hot spot.

Otherwise I have been thinking of getting the VM Shot, which is the AGA-S. Smaller AGA-T I believe
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

AVF Regular
    I would probably go the Aga-w to start with. Never owned one myself, but I helped setup a work mates one with him initially (because I had prior Genesis experience) and its pretty decent (although I don't like the +ve post personally).

Whilst Genesis atomizers can be abit daunting at first, they really aren't 'that' hard. Its like anything really, practice makes perfect!

Only real suggestion is that if you get the shits with it, put it away for a while instead of selling/getting rid of it and revisit it later. Genesis atty's are awesome, but do take practice to master.

Mishter, just make sure you get stainless mesh and some kanthal wire,
    for the mesh, get #400 as it is most widely used,
    and wire the A-1 Kanthal - 32 Gauge, again most widely used
    Either place you mention has the supplies
    As for a preference for an atomizer, any of the ones you have listed, but probably the AGA because I have set them up before and the top cap will align with the wick properly without fiddling around!
    The others appear to have a screw top.

Dripper or tank?

If tank just get an AGAW or if dripper just get a $6-8 phoenix clone.
    gtadmin likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    Good choices Mishster, I have the AGA-W and AGA-T.
    I haven't had much time with the AGA-W, but I had a leak out the bottom where the tank screws in, the juice is coming out the top at the base, most likely the O-ring isn't seated properly where the tank screws in.

One thing I like the AGA-T for, no threaded tank...

If you can wait, not sure how long, the AGA-T+ (V2) will be out sometime with the below "upgrades" -
    They have 4 upgrades compared to the old version:
    1. No threads on the caps, so the user can adjust the air hole at the same line of wick easily.
    2. All the metal parts are stainless, including center tube, positive post, negative post and screws.
    3. No the knurling on the body.
    4. The wick hole is closer to the positive post, so the user can reduce the hot spot.

Otherwise I have been thinking of getting the VM Shot, which is the AGA-S. Smaller AGA-T I believe
    The AGA-S is a smaller version of the AGA, I believe, not the AGA-T, same manufacturer though.

You might be able to fix your leaky AGA-W with a thicker o-ring, I have noticed the o-rings supplied with the AGA-T for the tanks are quite thin in diameter too but I get no leaks from my 2.

Mishter, I think the AGA-T is a better design, personally, the AGA-W while similar has a few differences which I just don't like about it as much. VM sell it as this:
    VM Zombie | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad
    ballza likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Will look at getting a bigger o-ring, I'll test it out first, I screwed it on pretty quick and hopefully the o-ring just isn't sitting right.

I recommend the VM Zombie too, that's where I got mine

I also recommend getting a bit of wire and mesh.
    I should have ordered more wire cause as a noob I went through a bit, mainly due to popping coils!
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishster View Post
    I'm going to get a rebuilable. I'm not going to spend hundreds of bucks initially in case I'm too retarded to do it properly. What do you guys suggest?

Previously Noe suggested a AGA-W and I think that looks good.

AGA-W Rebuildable Atomizer

I've also been looking at some from Vaping Mad:

VM Shot | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad
    VM Didya | Electronic Cigarettes - VapingMadElectronic Cigarettes – VapingMad

Are there any other suggestions for a first up, noob to rebuilables?
    If you wud like an AGA-T I have a spare one floating around here...i cud flick it in the mail next Tuesday for you...might be more hassle than its worth but the offers out there..

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    If you wud like an AGA-T I have a spare one floating around here...i cud flick it in the mail next Tuesday for you...might be more hassle than its worth but the offers out there..
    Great offer
    If you don't want it I could use a 3rd AGA-T on my eGo-T batt LOL
    It'd then be an Egotagat hybrid LOL
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    Thanks so much! I'll PM you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast