Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ok which mod?

AVF Regular

Ok which mod?

Ok so now im almost 5months off the smokes. I've done this with just my ego Twists and carto tanks and pretty happy although i'm getting a little frustrated with the ups and downs of cartos.

Now its 2013 and time to try a new battery and RBA.

I've decided ill buy a cheap knock off RBA to start out but not so sure i should do the same with the battery.

I'm thinking i should probably just get a Provari but then i'm missing out on VW (is that such a big deal?).

Any other suggestions? Safety & reliability is a higher concern than price.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Provari (IMO) is a great mod that I think almost every person who collects mods or has a bunch of shiney's has atleast 1 Provari. They pretty much can't be beaten for consistency.

AVF Regular
    If you really want VW then the Sigelei and the Vamo seem to be getting a lot of positive reviews at the moment and look like pretty solid devices.
    The Sigelei looks more attractive and in SS looks more solid to me.
    Price is pretty comparable between the 2 by the time you add batteries and charger to the Vamo tube only price as the Sigelei comes in a kit
    some more details here MODS

forgot to say, You can never go wrong with a Provari, I own many high end mechanical and VV/VW devices and the Provari is still my daily workhorse
    Last edited by D1git; 08-01-13 at 12:38 PM.
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Provari. They pretty much can't be beaten for consistency.

+1 from me.

Its Vape and go. Sure if you want to take up a "Mod" hobby go for it, but at the end of the day the Provari is a solid, pretty much bomb proof, and will allways be there for you.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Get an Orion!
    kingtut and bugzme like this.

If u want to go genesis
    Why buy a mod and an atty
    Just get a hybrid
    kingtut likes this.

Sign me up - I have an Atom Bomb by SS mods you can have express posted for $20.
    It was my first RBA Gennie and is the easiest of all mine to set up.
    You can have it for the price of postage really as I just don't use it anymore.
    I'm no expert but VW seems more about using the same device with different atty or Carto's to get a similar vape.
    Saves pushing a few buttons.
    Last edited by vapourize; 08-01-13 at 12:49 PM.
    mathsguy and Bullos like this.

AVF Regular
    Hey... Nothing wrong with versatlility...

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bigalivapor View Post
    If u want to go genesis
    Why buy a mod and an atty
    Just get a hybrid
    He doesn't know if he likes the gennies yet. $250ish entry point for a hybrid is a bit steep if you don't know you like something yet. Add a kick to that and you're looking at $300+shipping. Buying something like a provari and a cheapo RBA for testing gives you some flexibility. If you don't like RBAs then you still have a usable lovely mod and you're only out $20-$40 for the RBA you didn't like

I'm leaning really heavily to getting a provari myself. It's the reason why I still only have my ego-c twists and one little mech mod I got from the ECMS group buy. I could buy a vamo or a zmax but I'd end up buying more things and spending more than I would if I just ripped the band-aid off and just bought the damned provari. So I'd vote for a Provari mini with the Twins telescope. 18650 mode for sitting at home chain vaping or out and about all day, 18350 mode for waddling around the shops or out for the evening

i don't like being poor haha. I nearly wet myself when that Sidewinder went up on the classies, so pretty. And your bloody Roller, Ali. I've wanted one since I saw it a while ago, I think they are gorgeous mods. I just can't justify spending money I don't have right now on something that would be a sometimes vape
    Fingers crossed my new job offer comes through this week! Then I'll buy up the classies :P
    Robray, kingtut and mathsguy like this.

AVF Regular
    The stainless steel Vamo is a good mod to start with, can be used in 18350 or 18650 mode, variable voltage, variable wattage, ohm checker, battery checker, on/off function, 510 with drip well, can use most ego threaded stuff. For $46 it's a lot of bang for your buck. Throw in a charger and a couple of batteries and for about $90 you're on your way.

Variable wattage is a big deal for some, not for others. You'll end up with more than one APV down the track anyway, this gear is addictive.
    Last edited by Adam; 08-01-13 at 01:10 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast