Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Clearomizers

Clearomizers

Hi guys,

Second post on this board but I've been lurking for quite some time

Here's my issue. I'm hoping that someone possibly has a workaround to this.

I'd recently purchased 10 x 10ml worth of E-liquid (18mg) from HC. Thanks Noe for the recommendation. I placed an order on Saturday afternoon and it arrived today!

I'm fairly new to the scene (gave up smoking on 04/01/13) and currently have 2 x EGO-T (650mah) batteries accompanied by 4 x LR VV (v3) clearomizers with 1 x SR. I'm rather content with the vape I've been getting from these (I don't really know any better at the moment), but here's my concern.

All of my clearomizers currently have liquid in them. Last night, I cleaned one out. It had a grape flavour in it which I hadn't touched for several days. The clearomizers are rebuildables so I'd taken it apart, dry burned the atomizer and dried down the wicks.

Today, I've placed a different flavour (Green Apple) into the clearomizer, but i'm still getting that grape taste. The same thing occurred the other day when I'd placed some Havana liquid into a clearomizer that had apricot flavour in it. I cleaned it out, but simply couldn't get rid of that apricot flavour - even after going through 3mls of the Havana.

Besides buying new clearomizers, is there a method to completely kill the previous flavour? I now have 12 new flavours i'd like to try but don't have enough apparatus to be trying all of them. I'm hoping that there's a quick fix to this. Apologies in advance if this has already been answered, I couldn't seem to find it on this board.

Cheers

GC

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Not a lot to suggest here. Only thing I can suggest is very hot even boiling water to soak the coils and wick after the dry burn. As you have not used the kit but for a couple of tank fulls, maybe a dry burn isn’t necessary?
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

And, if you want to try out new flavours buy couple of atomizers and start dripping. Once you are settled with your liking fill the clearomizer. Again, some flavours are quite strong to get rid of, but they will wear out eventually after you vape for some time.
    Flying Rhino likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Robray View Post
    Not a lot to suggest here. Only thing I can suggest is very hot even boiling water to soak the coils and wick after the dry burn. As you have not used the kit but for a couple of tank fulls, maybe a dry burn isn’t necessary?

Thanks Robray. I was thinking of using the boiling water method. I'd like someone who's tried it to chime in

There were two tanks that I was abusing like a red headed step child. They were clogged up and needed a good clean. The other 3, I've barely touched, but they have liquid in them and the flavour just won't go!

Thanks again.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    This is only for the rebuild able stuff where you can remove the coil and wick. Avoid dumping the whole unit in boiling water. It wont thank you and it will die!!!
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Super Moderator
    GC, you could try vaping unflavoured through those clearos, you'll eventually get rid of it and clean your tastebuds at the same time
    wood duck likes this.

Haha - well that's another approach. I'm so glad I've started vaping. I'm buying starter kits for approximately 10 people at work who are all extremely keen on giving up the smokes.

This board has provided me with so much useful information.

Homelybore: great idea - I might start shopping again tonight!

I used to do a combination of both methods before I got the strong flavours their own Nova's.

When they are ready for a clean or to change flavours, first run a tank or 2 of unflavoured until the flavour is pretty weak. Then pour enough fresh boiling water into a container to cover the atomiser. Let it sit for 5 mins or so until the water cools down enough so you can put your fingers in it, then swish around in the water and squeeze the wicks a few times. Then the usual drying process you use.

You should now either not taste the old flavour or at worst it will take a ml or so of the new juice to get the final bit out of it. Strong juices like grape and mint take a little longer to disappear fully then others especially if the following juices are very light ones.
    wood duck likes this.

GTadmin and ozydevil are right, it used to drive me crazy but there is nothing for it other than vaping unflavoured nic until the flavour wears out of the wick and coil. It can take ages sometimes but it's totally worth it.

i would just torch the wick till it glows red. it's like new again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast