Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Twin wick single coil theory

Twin wick single coil theory

So after seeing the many varied techniques, and ideas on setting up genny's my mind started ticking. I thought the twin wick/twin coil setup was cool. Double the vapour! Double the current used too unfortunately. I'd be guessing battery life would be halved?
    Any way the reasoning behind this exercise was the thinking that.
    As the juice works it's way up the wick to the coil it reaches the bottom winding first. I'm thinking that at the top winding the wick is getting pretty dry, as a lot has been vapourized by the bottom windings on it's way up. Make sense?
    So I thought two wicks drawing up twice the juice with 2/3 windings of one coil on each. Maintaining the same resistance, and current draw as you would with a single coil/wick combination, but the flavour would be cleaner, as top, and bottom half of the coil are just as wet.
    I'm not too good at explaining, but I'm sure you smart folk will get the gist.
    Seems to be working pretty well so far. Need a bit oftweaking still. I folded the resistance wire over itself and twisted it where it spans between the coils. Would rather no-res wire for it, but don't have any, but it seems to do the job.
    So any input, comments, ridicule gladly accepted DSC00120.jpgDSC00119.jpg

Excuse the pic quality.. must find that camera..

Forgot to mention the added bonus of keeping one airhole aimed directly between the wicks.
    Last edited by davee; 21-01-13 at 01:03 PM.
    bugzme and scaramus like this.

The theory makes a lot of sense.
    I have some no resistance wire on its way but I don't think it will be here for a couple of weeks but when it arrives I can send you some if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullos View Post
    The theory makes a lot of sense.
    I have some no resistance wire on its way but I don't think it will be here for a couple of weeks but when it arrives I can send you some if you want.
    Thanks for the support Bullos. Always a bonus when someone else can see your train of thought! lol and for the offer of the wire, If your getting a lot of it I'd purchase a little off you for sure

Very interesting concept, I'm off to experiment
    davee likes this.

yeh good theory, I can see it woking.
    the usual method is to parallel 2 larger wicks, which increases volume heated by more than this while hitting current limits earlier on electronic mods.
    I tried thinner wire/less turns in a similar sort of effort but 34 gauge blows at 1.5A if you have a problem.
    should not be too difficult to wind the 2 heaters with wicks in place and avoid the join then wrap a strand or two of conductive wire pulled from a multistrand wire around the joining length.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    yeh good theory, I can see it woking.
    the usual method is to parallel 2 larger wicks, which increases volume heated by more than this while hitting current limits earlier on electronic mods.
    I tried thinner wire/less turns in a similar sort of effort but 34 gauge blows at 1.5A if you have a problem.
    should not be too difficult to wind the 2 heaters with wicks in place and avoid the join then wrap a strand or two of conductive wire pulled from a multistrand wire around the joining length.
    There is no join, I did the doubling over and twisting first. Wrapped the first wick(lower coil section) while out with rollie paper method, slid it into the wickhole fastened earth, then wrapped the top half of coil while all in place. Your way sounds a bit easier though. lol

I think we need a confussed button

More pics in this post..

Yeah I used to get mad vapor from this type of setup, gave up on gennies due to leaking and fiddling and fucking around tho, still got the AGA-W for experimenting/blowing plumes at home

Must give this another try some day..
    davee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kptrip View Post

More pics in this post..

Yeah I used to get mad vapor from this type of setup, gave up on gennies due to leaking and fiddling and fucking around tho, still got the AGA-W for experimenting/blowing plumes at home

Must give this another try some day..
    That looks a lot easier, wrapping the coil around both wicks at once. Not quite the same though.
    kptrip likes this.

*reads first post; facepalm*

Sorry, I see what your saying.. I think I did try something like that and also cris-crossing in an style too, I think my wires were getting dry and red at the point where it left fist wick then joined the other.

Interesting to see how you go with it and your final config

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast