Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: This Did will be the Death of me! Need Help Please :)

This Did will be the Death of me! Need Help Please :)

Ok so I've done everything right according to videos and I keep getting error OP on my Provari. I took it all apart and started over 2 times. I mean completely taking the whole thing apart and putting it back together. Built 2 coils with mesh and wire and still OP. People are saying OP on the Provari means it's not making a connection or something. What could be wrong and what do I do about it? Is there some kind of flaw that could be going on or is it simply user error. I can't see what I could be doing wrong here.

Thanks!
    JudeaB likes this.

The centre pin of the did not contacting maybe?

Try it in something else to see if you can get any glowing at all - if you can, then the centre pin at the bottom is not contacting the little brass bit on the inside at the top of your prov.

didn't work in another mod either. I have just tried to move the center pin down a bit so it will stick out further but that little white washer in there seems to make it so a tight fit when you screw it down isn't good. I've got it sticking out even more now and once again recoiling it. Wasting a lot of wire here

OMG this is pissing me off! I have no problems building coils. I do fine with my drippers with wire and wick. This shouldn't be that different. Have the mesh rolled up just fine, wire wrapped and all fastened where it should be. This time with the center pin sticking way out and I did an atomizer check on my provari it started a tiny flame went away and then OP. The pin is just pushing right back in no matter what I do and I'm not even screwing it down tight. Do I have a dud?

I'm not exactly sure what you've got, but on my mini did with a plastic tank it wasn't earthing through the centre (oter) post. Had to grab the top, and bottom of it and give it a little twist before the current ran through it all. A multimeter's a very handy tool in situations like yours.
    MrGruffy likes this.

I have a mini did bought from VapingMad. I guess this is a clone. I pressed on the pin from the top as it was reading this time and it read 1.5 then OP again. I think these little while rubber stoppers are causing it to bounce up and down or something. I mean even if I get a reading, it still won't vape. Even when I tried the build that came on it, same thing. That's why I took that off and went to make my own. I figured something was wrong with the build that came on it. It's this pin.

Not familiar with the clone, but you might fashion an insulated washer out of some red fibre washers for plumbing, or some carto condom or a bit of ice cream container plastic, and use that in addition to what’s there to make it sit proud of the metal screwy bit around it - just make sure the pin is firmly held in the centre still to avoid shorts.

Sometimes taking a short break and doing something else will prevent you throwing it through the window - or committing domestic violence.

Quote Originally Posted by xALISAx View Post
    I have a mini did bought from VapingMad. I guess this is a clone. I pressed on the pin from the top as it was reading this time and it read 1.5 then OP again. I think these little while rubber stoppers are causing it to bounce up and down or something. I mean even if I get a reading, it still won't vape. Even when I tried the build that came on it, same thing. That's why I took that off and went to make my own. I figured something was wrong with the build that came on it. It's this pin.
    Snap..lol I have the same one from the same place. Ended up taking the centre pin out, and slipping a real small o-ring on it to make it sit out more. Loosening the top nuts helps, as those insulators are very soft, and rubbery, and if the top nut is too tight it will pull the pin up.

Hmmm now where to get tiny o rings :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast