Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First Mod Information and Suggestions

First Mod Information and Suggestions

Hi there,

I am new to vaping. Currently I am using an Ego C Startet Kit comprising of a 650maH Ego C and a 100maH Ego C.

I have been doing lots of research and the only 2 mods that catch my eye at present are the Evic and the Provari.

In fact, I will be looking at purchasing 2 mods (will not go beyond that as I believe it is pointless). The second mod will be a back up to the other.

So far, I am leaning towards the Evic as my first mod, but plan to get the provari mini after that or would I be wasting my money?

So these are the pros and cons of both according to my opinion after some research:

Evic Pros:
    - VV/VW
    - firmware upgradable
    - versatility
    - innovation
    - well priced

Evic cons:
    - cheap low quality build and rattling
    - too big
    - limited to 5V and 11W despite being initially rolled out as a 15W device (what is with that?)
    - menu system not too good

Provari Mini Pros:
    - tried and tested
    - high quality construction and componentry
    - VV up to 6V
    - versatile and robust

Provari Mini Cons:
    - too pricey (quality has a cost)
    - not VW
    - lagging behind the Evic in innovation

So what do other members recommend between the 2 mentioned ecigs above?

Would I be better off with the Evic, or are the Provaris just so much superior that I should just go for the top shelf?

Or is there something else I should consider?

This is my opinion about the Evic and Provari. I believe Provari is losing ground to the Evic because at the moment the Evic is ahead on innovation and versatility for the end user or vaper. I say that because it is a device which is upgradable and this is a real big deal.

I believe that the Provari, in order to maintain its edge, will need to release a version 3 which will include VW at the very least and firmware upgrades. If this does not occur, then over subsequent firmware upgrades and new releases of the Evic, the Provari will begin to lag behind.

This naturally makes for very interesting times as Provari will need to pull something out of the hat to maintain its edge which could possible result in the release of a version 3 to address the Evic in the smart ecig stakes.

Granted, the Provari is built to last, but better build quality when up against smart ecig innovation and versatlity will not do much for the Provari to new consumers like me. Simply put, I believe the Evic is a Provari Killer due to innovation and versatility at a cheaper price. That of course I believe to be true if Provari sit on their hands and do nothing in terms of releasing their own smart ecig version in the form of a Version 3 release.

Regards

Aikhme
    Last edited by Aikhme; 27-01-13 at 09:38 PM.

I will suggest you to buy a VAMO VV/VW for now, and wait for next Provari 3. For ~$40, you can't go wrong with it.
    shipo, gtadmin and RichoVonBlack like this.

Super Moderator
    Another one to consider if you like the techy side of it would be the Janty MiD but I don't believe it will be released until next month
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

You can get the evic and a 350 ego tube for $6 which fits the evic head if you like the evic but want the smaller size
    davee likes this.

Super Moderator
    But the Provari is still considered the benchmark... just a bit dated now (I don't have one)
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

http://forums.aussievapers.com/ecigm...0-mah-mod.html

or there's this... VV/VW 2800mah 3-6V 3-15W. and cheaper than the Evic. Especially if you take batteries, and a charger into consideration.
    You could buy something expensive, and shiney later.
    ckane likes this.

A +1 for the Vamo over the eVic. eVic is nice, but expensive considering you can get the same VV/VW functionality from a $40 Vamo.

It's sturdy enough to take a few falls, and it allows you to remove a part of the tubing so you can choose to have a long or short mod.
    Goyder likes this.

Looked at the VAMO. Very impressive and can't go past the price of it either. Literally can't go wrong with that.
    Goyder likes this.

Has anyone noticed that we can get the Chinese mods a bit cheaper compared to the vendors in states? Yes, i know it's off topic but can't resist asking.

Quality costs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast