Like Tree7Likes

Thread: eVic Firmware 1.2 released

eVic Firmware 1.2 released

Beat you all to it!

Joyetech download

2nd lol does that make me the first looser

sent from my custom vape charger

upgraded

the ohm and wattage/voltage setting is pretty good on the home screen, beat the puff counter

the menu is slightly confusing, probably just need little time to get used to it.

at least now i can set the battery mah to the correct one (im using 700mah 18350) dont know what it supposed to do but at least i can have correct setting lol

still dont have idea what mvr vv or mvr vw supposed to do, will try to find out more about it

Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    upgraded

the ohm and wattage/voltage setting is pretty good on the home screen, beat the puff counter

the menu is slightly confusing, probably just need little time to get used to it.

at least now i can set the battery mah to the correct one (im using 700mah 18350) dont know what it supposed to do but at least i can have correct setting lol

still dont have idea what mvr vv or mvr vw supposed to do, will try to find out more about it
    You are probably one of the first people to upgrade their eVic in the entire world.

Hello to the Aussie Vapers Community! (Finally got registered.)
    I have also just upgraded my eVic! 1.2v
    The thing is still backwards!
    Same story as the first couple of versions! Low resistance atty/cart you can crank the voltage/wattage up nice and high!
    High resistance atty/cart the eVic limits the voltage/wattage.
    I feel this should be the other way around but I think Joyetech have built in some protection!
    The new menus are quite large but easy to navigate as the screen is one of the big features.

As silverx said "the ohm and wattage/voltage setting is pretty good on the home screen, beat the puff counter"

Now I thing that the VV MVR VV and VW and MVR VW are setting for the recoding for the My Vapor Record! But don't quote me on that as it has only been half an hour and the documentation is interesting!

Hello to the Community again and Vape On!

Quote Originally Posted by Brownz View Post
    Hello to the Aussie Vapers Community! (Finally got registered.)
    I have also just upgraded my eVic! 1.2v
    The thing is still backwards!
    Same story as the first couple of versions! Low resistance atty/cart you can crank the voltage/wattage up nice and high!
    High resistance atty/cart the eVic limits the voltage/wattage.
    I feel this should be the other way around but I think Joyetech have built in some protection!
    I believe the eVic limits the wattage to achieve a maximum of 5.0Volts.

Ohm's Law -

P = V x V/resistance

So the higher the resistance of your Cartomiser or Clearomiser, the more restricted you are in power. This protects your hardware as well, so it is just a protective measure.

As i said built in protection! Low res higher power output. High res low power output! Cause as you said 5V. Put a 1.2 ohm coil over that and you pushing 20 odd Watts calculated! Hence protection! So the MVR VW is useless! Cech!

Quote Originally Posted by Brownz View Post
    As i said built in protection! Low res higher power output. High res low power output! Cause as you said 5V. Put a 1.2 ohm coil over that and you pushing 20 odd Watts calculated! Hence protection! So the MVR VW is useless! Cech!
    but with lower resistance you are cranking up the amp to achieve the same wattage and as you know the evic has limit of 2.5amp so with 1.2ohm you can really use 3v

dont know anything about the mvr yet

I would not say that wattage is useless. It is an easier way of setting the voltage in 0.1 watt increments on the eVic. This still translates to a specific voltage up to 5.0V. You can also set the voltage on the Homepage now when in Wattage mode.

The MVR VV and MVR VW are a pretty crazy setup!

What this enables you to do is set your voltage/wattage level in .5 second increments during your vape. (Whilst fire button pressed)

So if you like your drag to start off smooth, say at 3.6v and by 3 seconds in you can have it go to 4v to give you that nice power hit as you finish the drag!

That's some pretty amazing stuff right there.

Also I had found a couple of other tricks. When on home screen if you hold the toggle ring left the top left display will go through your V/R, Time and date and puff counter all withing a few seconds. If you hold the toggle ring right it will cycle through available power delivery modes, Voltage, Wattage, MVR Voltage and MVR Wattage.

The MVR modes are the variable power/time modes.

I am very impressed with this update so far. I love my evic!
    elChupaNibre likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast