Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Hellfire Mega - Over Rated?

AVF Regular

Hellfire Mega - Over Rated?

So I received mine yesterday.

Specs:
    Wick holes, needle thin, it's something stupid like 2mm, with no space to drill them wider.
    1mm air hole, reduced chamber size, Centre post is tall enough that most drip tips wont go in, yet the nut for the positive terminal rests so far down there's no much play room for your coil. Definitely designed for a U-wick.
    Surprisingly holds over 3mL, surprising because the tank tube is so thin.
    Underneath the nuts there's an idiotically placed piece of plastic. (This is especially annoying as if you move away from it, you get a hotspot on the centre post tie off, get too close, the plastic melts.)

Looks and Quality:
    Looks great, nice weight, machining is perfect. No complaints in this department.

The Vape:
    Meh.. It's okay I guess. Nothing special about it. IMO the G-Bell is a far nicer vape than this, let alone something like the bliSS. It just vapes like a genesis atomiser. There's nothing special about it, they're just rare is all!

Will I vape it? Yes.
    Will I keep it? Yes.
    Is it worth the money? Yes.
    Is it worth the wait? No.

Take of it what you will. I'll keep fiddling and hopefully get it rocking, but for now, it isn't all it's hyped up to be, it isn't the best genesis atomiser out there, it's just another genny but with the capability of a U-wick.

Four things that would make this the best atomiser out there.
    Wider wick holes
    Taller top cap (about 3mm or so is all)
    More room for the coil (higher positive terminal nuts.)
    Remove that piece of plastic on the centre post that's 2mm away from the coil.

My opinion may change over the next few days but I just wanted to give my opinion on it at this moment for reflection and to let others know.

Should have cleaned the Caravela before taking this photo.
    Last edited by kritikal; 31-01-13 at 06:21 PM.
    vapourize likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    I'll take it off your hands if you decide you don't want it

AVF Regular
    i thought this might be the case.the mini was a good vape but not earth shattering.most of the gennys i have are all good but slight differences.thanks for the reveiw chris.hey ck have you posted anything on the mini?i missed it if you have.
    RIP VP

I must say its looks beautiful
    and im sure you will get it rocking

AVF Regular
    so why the hell is there a massive cult following for thsi atomizer? you mention anything negative about the hellfire line and you get crucified.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    The tank looks nice and thick, which should be good for you, Krit

I suppose where we're at in the gennie market at this stage is just more and more people trying to make a better mouse trap and coming up with more of the same.

hmmmm, nice honest opinion krit.. I have been rockin a u wick on the foggatti std for roughly couple of months now, and the foggatti mini for a few weeks.. both seems to perform as what i would consider a great vape.. i have been looking forward to compare the hellfire with them and will do so once my postie decides to deliver them to me..

AVF Regular
    I thought the Mini was pretty good, The wick hole is small but I thought it was that way because of the size of it . Sounds like the Mega is the same. I ended up trading it to Ali for the Roller. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the top cap was hard to get off, but I'm sure a skinnier o-ring would fix it.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzmiguel View Post
    hmmmm, nice honest opinion krit.. I have been rockin a u wick on the foggatti std for roughly couple of months now, and the foggatti mini for a few weeks.. both seems to perform as what i would consider a great vape.. i have been looking forward to compare the hellfire with them and will do so once my postie decides to deliver them to me..
    Yeah, I really need to get my hands on a Foggatti. You seem to know when they are going to pop up. Any chance you can give me a heads up if you hear the word? Or is there a set date for the next batch yet?
    targaboy likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    Yeah, I really need to get my hands on a Foggatti. You seem to know when they are going to pop up. Any chance you can give me a heads up if you hear the word? Or is there a set date for the next batch yet?
    mid Feb was the plan... 200 pcs.. at vapists webstore..

also... the hybrid is coming out in a few weeks, foggy says.. just finishing the renders for it..
    Last edited by cruzmiguel; 31-01-13 at 10:52 PM.
    kritikal likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast