Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Portable mechanical mods

Portable mechanical mods

Bit of a noob here, I've been happily toking away on an eGo C and an eGo K for a few weeks (with vision clearomizers) but I really love the look of the mechanical mods, especially the steampunk style brass ones (GG etc.)

But they look pretty heavy, and I don't like the idea of a huge telescope in my pocket (ooer etc.)

So - what are the best small mechanicals that can be modded up with brass fittings etc. that wouldn't be too heavy in my pocket? I know you sacrifice battery life with the smaller ones, but as long as it'll last me a night out I'm not really that bothered.

Also - what's the deal with tanks? what's inside them? how does the juice get to the coil?

Apologies if this is a really common question & I would've easily found this stuff out if I could be arsed to do a proper search.

cheers
    -E

If you're looking for a small mechanical mod which already has brass fittings, maybe a Precise (far right)?

davee and SIMON@EcigModShop like this.

Super Moderator
    cartomiser tanks - just have a carto in there with a hole punched into it to let the juice feed. Clearomisers have the coil up the top with wicks hanging down the inside of the tank to feed the coil. it's a cruisy way to vape

plus you'll be surprised at how quickly you get used to the idea of a larger mod lol i think just about everyone starts on the 510 cigalikes and ends up going bigger. but there's also nothing wrong with an ego - gets the job done
    Last edited by giruvian; 04-02-13 at 09:48 PM.
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Ingrid

Quote Originally Posted by rockmoose View Post
    Is Ingrid the only one who thinks my penis looks slightly vaginal?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by giruvian View Post
    cartomiser tanks - just have a carto in there with a hole punched into it to let the juice feed. Clearomisers have the coil up the top with wicks hanging down the inside of the tank to feed the coil. it's a cruisy way to vape

plus you'll be surprised at how quickly you get used to the idea of a larger mod lol i think just about everyone starts on the 510 cigalikes and ends up going bigger. but there's also nothing wrong with an ego - gets the job done
    Wot she said, use Utube, type in mechanical mod, e cig and have a look, also look at battery sizes, small and convenient equals short battery life, it may be more of a factor in choosing,
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

I've heard people say the clearomizers are a nicer smoke because you don't have any filler messing up your juice. isn't that a problem with tanks?

Super Moderator
    It's all subjective really. I went from carto tanks to genesis atties, then on to silica rebuildables then back to carto tanks over a 2 year period. There are some juices that i love in carto tanks, but cannot stand in a genesis. My suggestion - get something like a boge f16 tank (about 5 bucks with the carto and the tank) and give it a burl. If you like it, you can always go for a snazzy tank later. You may love it, others hate it. Whatever works for you is the way to go. When you're starting out, you're going to have some hits and misses. To me, it's all been part of the fun of vaping, getting to try new stuff.

And it's still a truck load cheaper than smoking - win/win no matter which way you go
    MrGruffy likes this.
    Ingrid

roger that, I'll get one & try it out. cheers
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

Is it strange that after 8 months I have never tried a carto? Never liked the idea of it, all the juice wastage in the filler and not being able to easily swap flavours.

Super Moderator
    and just a work of advice - make sure you fill the carto properly the first time before putting it in the tank and filling the tank. I actually keep putting juice in the carto and flicking the carto to work the juice down, and basically don't stop until I get juice come out of the punched hole. Then I'll put it in the tank and fill. You don't want your first experience to be burnt filler because you haven't filled the carto properly to begin with.
    Ingrid

AVF Regular
    It doesn't have to be big to be steampunk and full of mech or elec goodness.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast