Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: Jazz CartoPipe maintenance

AVF Regular

Jazz CartoPipe maintenance

Hi all,

Thought I would start a new thread as I have a question for Romaniac which may be relevant to other Jazz pipe owners and we may be able to share tips and tricks.....

Alex, my pipe has what I am assuming to be the first version button on it after looking at Fatman's 18500.

At the moment, the button is being a little temperamental. If I give it a bit of a twist it appears to come good again, so I am thinking it may be a little gunked up. I have read (not sure if here or ECF) that you recommend cleaning with lemon juice.

My question: Is it possible for me to remove the switch myself to clean? Is it a press fit or is it screwed into the body of the pipe.

A secondary question following on from that is, are the new style switches such as the one on FM's pipe backward compatible?
    Robray likes this.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

Grab the button surround (not the battery tag) and unscrew. The whole assembly comes out. Note the order of components. I clean out the pipe with an airbrush cleaning tool (like a tiny bottle brush) but i used to use normal copper wire, multi-strand core and fray the ends a bit. I clean it about once a week.
    I don't have a new style switch so I can't answer the second question.

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    Yes here are relevant photos of how to clean the switch area:

1 make a cleaning brush

Using thin nose pliers lessen the top nut of the switch

lastchance and Vinny like this.

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

Remove the switch assembly

Insert the wire brush in the pin hole

Twist the wire between your fingers to clean the connector surface inside the pipe

place the button assembly back in to the pipe and tighten the top nut

D1git, RIDING OLD SKOOL and Vinny like this.

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

AVF Regular
    +1 for what Grouse says,
    looks like Del is selling some cleaning tool (out of stock though)
    JazzCartoPipes - Cleaner Tools for JazzCartopipes - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice
    Romaniac used to have photo's of how to clean the switch using the brush made from multi strand wire on his old website but all the maintenance stuff seems to be gone from the newer one

LOL
    the man himself just posted the pics I was talking bout
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Quote Originally Posted by 308hjute View Post
    Hi all,

Thought I would start a new thread as I have a question for Romaniac which may be relevant to other Jazz pipe owners and we may be able to share tips and tricks.....

Alex, my pipe has what I am assuming to be the first version button on it after looking at Fatman's 18500.

At the moment, the button is being a little temperamental. If I give it a bit of a twist it appears to come good again, so I am thinking it may be a little gunked up. I have read (not sure if here or ECF) that you recommend cleaning with lemon juice.

My question: Is it possible for me to remove the switch myself to clean? Is it a press fit or is it screwed into the body of the pipe.

A secondary question following on from that is, are the new style switches such as the one on FM's pipe backward compatible?
    I Can not believe that after all the shipping done I did not sent to you an upgraded new button. I am so sorry First order to Australia I will make sure I will include a new button assembly for you and I will make sure it will get to you.

Romaniac

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

AVF Regular
    Romaniac, please don't stress, you have done more than enough my friend......

The photos and instructions above are perfect.
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Hey Mods,
    can someone Sticky this under the Modding and Technical Subforum?
    See theres an ego t guide by Del there and this photo set isn't easy to find on the web anymore
    just an idea
    D1g
    Quit date : 10/5/2011

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by romaniac View Post
    I Can not believe that after all the shipping done I did not sent to you an upgraded new button. I am so sorry First order to Australia I will make sure I will include a new button assembly for you and I will make sure it will get to you.

Romaniac
    And people wonder why we love the pipes so much , commitment, service , and generosity ... the Mark of The Romaniac
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Done and Stickied !

Cleaning of Jazz carto pipe :) Courtesy of Romaniac

Quote Originally Posted by D1git View Post
    Hey Mods,
    can someone Sticky this under the Modding and Technical Subforum?
    See theres an ego t guide by Del there and this photo set isn't easy to find on the web anymore
    just an idea
    D1g
    D1git, Robray, mathsguy and 1 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast