Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: VV Reo Grand or Reo Grand

AVF Regular

VV Reo Grand or Reo Grand

Ok reaching out to all the Reo users out there. Which a more worth while buy? The VV Reo Grand or the Reo Grand? I have a kick unused, so i can pick up some copper stripping to make the kick work (as shown here on the forum) or is the VV device more worth while? i can see there is no real indicator on the potentiometer wheel, so that could be an as i have my sweet spots memorized for my juices to the specific voltages (all around 8 watts if the maths is done). In essence i could get the Grand and kick it and be done with it.

Thoughts from Reo users and experience from them would be lovely! Cheers guys and girls

MMM

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    oh and can someone let me know what the battery life is like with the Reo Grand kicked with the AW 18490/18500 cheers

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

AVF Regular
    I have the mini 2.0 + a Hornet bottom feeder. I make the coil around 1.5 ohm and it's a serious squonking machine.
    SIMON@EcigModShop likes this.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Super Moderator
    Cant compare with a VV as I am still looking for one myself
    But the kicked grand is only slightly better than a normal one , and by better I say a little more consistent in vaping thru the battery range .
    As CK pointed out , LR is the only way to go for Reos , I run Bauway 306's which meter out between 1.5 and 1.7 Ohm out of the packet .
    The kick cuts battery life a little , I get a little more out of them ( 18500's ) unkicked in the smaller reo's than I do kicked on the grand .
    Still pretty much an all day vape tho ( 8hrs plus at about 3-5 ml per day usage rate )
    I find with all reos , its never more than a battery change in the morning and one later in the afternoon or night , just to give you that fresh punch and not over discharge them .
    The main advantage to a kick is it doesnt let you over discharge the batteries , I would assume the VV is the same ... but once you get used to the feel of your atty you can tell when the batts are working a bit hard and need a change .
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Cheers fatman! i have used un regulated battery mods before ( GGTS) and yeah the drop off can get annoying to me and i am always changing out the battery to get that fresh hit.
    I think i might go for the VV one? does anyone know of any issues in them? But i still like the idea of kicking the Grand. Argh! decisions decisions! or i could get both? lol. At the moment, because i am dripping i am only vaping around 3ml tops a day now compared to 6 or so before.

I just really like the idea of kicking it! argh! any more advice? i am just more worried about battery life and i am so used to the battery life from 18650's and just thinking the life from 18500 wont be as good, especially kicked! One 18680 in a provari lasts me full day use (about 16 hours) at between 3-6ml (depending if i am dripping or using a tank).
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 07-02-13 at 11:23 AM.

AVF Regular
    Dawzzy got the vv would be nice to know how's it going for him.
    Move along!!! Nothing to see here.

Super Moderator
    I know Dawzzy is loving his .. hopefully he will chime in , but he doesnt have a normal Reo to compare his VV too LOL
    Honestly I want a VV just to try out and complete the collection , but the normal Reo with an 18650 will go all day , and if you swap out halfway thru before the 18650 declines too much , should give you an all day big hitter with LR atties
    Tis important to remember tho a VV uses TWO 18350 batts not a single 18650 .... I am always a fan of 18650's and 18500's over 350s so I am biased

If a regulated vape is your main aim a kicked grand or a VV is the go for you ... I can live with the fact I swap between 4 Reos whenever I want LOL
    Last edited by Fatman; 07-02-13 at 11:52 AM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    thanks for the input! yeah i am a voltage snob now =( ever since i used a provari i find it hard to use anything unregulated anymore.
    i too am biased to a single cell unit, but i have used stacked before.

just wanna see what peoples impressions are on the reo and the vv reo. I tried youtube reviews, and the VV got some bad wraps due to the internal design. But i am worried about battery life on the Reo Grand Kicked. How many hours or mls would you get from a kicked 18500?

Super Moderator
    3-5 mls easy out of the kicked .... but thats using SS600's higher mA batteries (1600mA actual )
    using IMR's or efests you would get 1/3 less as they give out around 1100mA

AVF Regular
    Sweet looks like I gotta go order some then from SS600. Link to the batteries?? I just went to look and couldn't find them, either I'm blind or I just don't know what I am looking for.
    Last edited by Michael-Mikey-Mike; 07-02-13 at 04:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast