Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By davee
  • 1 Post By RichoVonBlack
  • 1 Post By vapourize

Thread: Kick questions

AVF Regular

Kick questions

So, just out of interest, I've been looking around the forum and other parts of the interwebs, researching kicks.

My basic understanding, from what FM & others have said, as well as from the Evolv website, is that the kick gives the ability to tune your vape to a wattage setting, and adds consistency as the battery drains.

A couple of questions;

1. In a hypothetical situation, if I were using a kicked 18350 battery, how much less "vape time" would I get compared to just using an18500 battery? I'm guessing due to mah ratings, I would be using two 18350's in the time I would use one 18500 roughly?

2. How sturdy are these, as in, how well do they handle being taken out of a pipe and put back in (using a pipe as an example, just out of interest....) and assuming you are reasonably carefull?

Off to do some more research..............
    Pipes, tubes, boxes, atomisers.

ECHO ALPHA DELTA CHARLIE

AVF Regular
    Those Evolv people make good, smart stuff. Making it teeny tiny is extra credits.

*Not yet got my hands on any, just read about em and drooled and the ideas.

AVF Regular
    I like to buy them for a particular device and leave them in there. It really depends on the path the kick has to take to be removed, if it's not overly tight and has a smooth exit, you should be ok. If you're dragging it out from a tight spot through some threads on a regular basis, you will definitely shorten the life of your kick

I don't own one, I have been given a lot of feedback on em though and half pulled apart a dead one. never used a working one..

the kick has a low voltage drop out that may 'kick' in a lot sooner than expected, mainly if you want to vape at high wattages.
    may well find kick dropping out and still measure batt volts of 3,5 or 3.6v.

this is the same as what any boost mod will do pretty much, they seem to be monitoring the battery voltage during peak current draw which at higher watts leads to a reduced useage time. provari will do the same, i may be at 4.5v and pumping 9W or similar, switch flashes and turns off, reboot and drop voltage to 3.5v and get another hour of vaping out of it.

mechanically I was very impressed, the majority of the electronics is encased in a brass cap, interconnections between the two pcbs is 8 soldered header pins, its not going to fall apart or be crushed easily.
    davee and RichoVonBlack like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Kick with an 18350 sucks balls. I was lucky to get over an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by arth_d View Post
    Kick with an 18350 sucks balls. I was lucky to get over an hour.
    Yep.. Had me thinking my switch was bodgy..
    arth_d likes this.

Iíve only had mine for a week or so - itís a very nice device - I use it in my mech mod when I want to use a carto tank - works a treat.

Not useful so much on really low resistance stuff << 1.3 Ω - which is fair enough and as per their blurb.

Evolv reckon around 10-20% less battery time from memory. I havenít bothered keeping track in any scientific kind of way, but it feels that a liquinitater + elec. angel + kick lasts at least as long as on a provari or vamo if not a bit longer?

What Adam said - itís well made, but wants a tender touch - I donít like to move it around more than I have to.

(I should say, thats on 18650s - nice ones from SS600, which I suspect makes a fair difference).
    Last edited by mathsguy; 13-02-13 at 07:56 PM.

AVF Regular
    Ive got 3 , (don't ask, its some sneaky deals done with some poms for 2, one bought from a member), I run the kick in a Paps 18800 with a carto tank (Boges)

2x Panasonic IMR 18650 2250mAh Lithium Manganese VAPER 3.6v CGR 18650 CH battery | eBay

an E-Bay store run by a forum member supersports600,

On average ( it will vary from user to user though) it will "eat" (if that's the right expression) one quarter of the battery output over a day for me, others will find the difference from their vaping use, the kick will "stutter" 5 x times when the battery gets close to dead, they are reasonably tough little buggers, my first kick was assassinated by my foot while giving my Paps a clean,
    davee likes this.
    Vaporista
    Noob for life

Last Analog

12-12-12 at Midnight

"If it was easy, all the cool kids would be doing it",

If you don't have to remove it every time you change the battery they are great. They also have safety built in for testing rebuildables on a mech mod. It does make a consistent vape through the battery.
    I have managed to break 2 somehow with no obvious damage. I did buy another just to have but now I have a little more experience and use a multimeter to set up it was probably a waste of money.

If you only have 1 device and several attys or Carto's of different ohms it may be worth it.
    davee likes this.