Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: eVic:how about lifting the voltage/wattage in the next update?

eVic:how about lifting the voltage/wattage in the next update?

I had read somewhere that the eVic IS able to go over 5V/11W but Joyetech restricted it to these limits because the device was not able to achieve 6V/15W.

If this is true then Joyetech should lift the restrictions and allow us to achieve whatever the device is capable of even if that might be something like 5.5V/13W.

Joyetech, please give us a little more power for high resistance cartos.

Dear Mr Aikme,

Thank you for choosing our number one joyetech product, we hope it give you happy time long time.
    We executed the program man and got a new guy.
    He is working very hard, yesterday, eyebrow catched fire. oops 17v too much.
    when he done, we send you link to buy new one.
    we think 5.1v and 11.2W is a lot !!
    Noe, shipo, margyb and 5 others like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

No 5V/11W is not a lot at all. It might be a lot for some, but for others it is a little undercooked when using SR Boge which I order for the ProVari.

Using the ProVari as my mainstay with SR Boge, I find that my ideal voltage is about 5-5.2V so it would be nice if the eVic can keep up. If it could then eVic is an excellent alternative to the ProVari for sure.

As long as eVic can't match it with the big guys, then it will always be the poorer cousin.

I might sell it and get another ProVari.

Poor form eVic!
    Last edited by Aikhme; 15-02-13 at 07:33 PM.

in all seriousness, I can see it being an issue for some, me .. I am thinking of grabbing one. currently using 6.5 to 8W on a phoenix RBA, its all I need.
    cartos .. I go for 6.5W usually
    genesis a bit more but still 9.5W or so tops.

I am just waiting to see how the code upgrades pan out. liking what I see so far.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    in all seriousness, I can see it being an issue for some, me .. I am thinking of grabbing one. currently using 6.5 to 8W on a phoenix RBA, its all I need.
    cartos .. I go for 6.5W usually
    genesis a bit more but still 9.5W or so tops.

I am just waiting to see how the code upgrades pan out. liking what I see so far.
    Yes well apparently the eVic was 'restricted' by JoyeTech to 5v/11w and if that is the case they should lift that restriction in the next firmware update.

What I believe they might be up to, is release a new updated model that goes up to 6v/15w which means they will sell more eVic heads. From a business perspective it will make sense, but consumers will soon tire with the Apple style marketing and stay away! :lol:

Other than that the eVic has been quite good!

AVF Regular
    Lol @ Stoney!

Yeah Id like it to be higher too. Had to go back to the lavatube @ 6V on my 2.3ohm coil on the AC9, eVic just not cutting it unfortunately..
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -- George Washington

Yes this seems to be a common story.

eVic just does not do the job with Standard Resistance coils. I remember when they were saying the eVic was a v/15w device.

If there are any firmware restrictions, then lift them!

I honestly think they have concerns over high wattage vaping, I find if I go over the 10W area its great vape and on a genesis, tastes the same.
    But I wake up in the morning with a heavy chest and a throat that feels like I went through 2/3 of a packet of white ox in an evening.

I do not know the cause, perhaps its water ? but what if it can give you pneumonia or similar .. I have NFI what it is, it feels like moisture.
    Now here in oz I would say many of the vapers are on it because of the cost of smoking but in china and many other countries they aren't taxed to death on smokes, vaping is possibly not a great deal cheaper than smoking.
    Many OS vapers are on it because they have smoking related illnesses and had to give up the smokes. so bearing in mind many of your worldwide customer base could well have a lung disease before they pick up an ecig..

In a country like china where you can be executed for making someone dead, would you risk being the CEO or designer for a company that made a product that a doctor could point at and say 'that thing made em sick'.

I have designed my own ecigs with dual batterys, I have vaped them at over 25W .. I will not release them into the wild either..

My sweet spot seems to be 6.5 to 7.5 seems much lower than what everyone is vaping. Something wrong with my setup or taste bud?

Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    My sweet spot seems to be 6.5 to 7.5 seems much lower than what everyone is vaping. Something wrong with my setup or taste bud?

nope, I think you are probably in the same region as 95% of vapers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast