Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: AvidVapers AMP Tank

AVF Regular

AvidVapers AMP Tank

Sooo, lurking the reddit and Burnt Wick posted this image of the AMP tank, I believe this is the one being built for the HH.357 atties

Quote from the thread:

Yes, $120 for the 3 mL tank - TBD for the 5 mL tank and TBD for the kit that gives you both the 3 mL and 5 mL tank.
    All tanks come with an atomizer, TBD which one.
    What do you guys reckon?
    shipo likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

Retired Account
    How many of each in the box?

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsgruffy View Post
    How many of each in the box?
    The atties? It's only coming with one from what I've read. The tank itself is glass, so it has that going for it, seems to function the same as the UFS. I dunno if I'd fork out $120 for it, but it's kinda cool.

Edit:
    Just thought about the price breakdown.
    The tank system itself would be technically $95
    The atties are like $25. So when you break it down like that, still a pretty penny, but yeah.
    Words are fun.

AVF Regular
    I've never tried an attie in a tank set up, I think it's because I don't understand how it could work so I think it's going to be crap. Would love some feedback on this when they become available. How do you stop flooding?

Nice but my pockets are way too deep..

AVF Regular
    mrsGruffy showed me the pic and I replied "Oh that's nice, how many in the box for $120"
    she didn't add in her post what I said after "just one".

1 for $120 = FF$!
    That said, I have spent most of the weekend sucking primarily on my homeless vape, $15 ready to vape, so perhaps my standards aren't shared.
    It is very pretty.
    shipo, davee and RichoVonBlack like this.

AVF Regular
    At the end of the day the juice delivery system is the most important piece of vaping equipment you can buy. I love carto tanks like the Bellas because they're easy to fill and they just work. If I could get the same performance from an attie tank, i'd fork out, but if it's going to flood, leak and have to kept upright 24/7, I'll pass.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGruffy View Post
    mrsGruffy showed me the pic and I replied "Oh that's nice, how many in the box for $120"
    she didn't add in her post what I said after "just one".

1 for $120 = FF$!
    That said, I have spent most of the weekend sucking primarily on my homeless vape, $15 ready to vape, so perhaps my standards aren't shared.
    It is very pretty.
    Ahh derp. Couldn't detect the jokey snark through the internets I am sleepy.

Yeah, it's expensive, and unless Avid do a lay-buy system I won't be getting one any time soon hehe.
    Words are fun.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    At the end of the day the juice delivery system is the most important piece of vaping equipment you can buy. I love carto tanks like the Bellas because they're easy to fill and they just work. If I could get the same performance from an attie tank, i'd fork out, but if it's going to flood, leak and have to kept upright 24/7, I'll pass.
    I totally agree with you, Adam. Juice delivery is the absolute number one factor in getting an enjoyable vape. I'm eagerly awaiting a lot of Bella tanks to go on sale, as I too enjoy a carto tank set up. I feel my vape can be better, so I've been exploring other options, consistency is what stops me from dripping 24/7.

Here's some more stuff from the thread. Quote from Burnt Wick and link to the thread:
    The bottom piece you see (with the AMP writting on it) has a male 510 connection that screws into your mod, and a female 510 that screws into the atomizer that is inside the tank itself. The bottom segment is adjustable, and lets you control how much eliquid will feed into holes on the bottom of the atomizer based on how tight you make the connection.
    You have the option of closing that completely so that no eliquid will automatically feed into the atomizer. In that configuration, eliquid is fed into the atomizer by covering a carburetor with your finger and pulling eliquid in by dry pulling on the atomizer. Hanna prefers this "manual" configuration. I prefer the auto-feed configuration. So far auto-feeding seems to be working perfectly for me.
    The carburetor is always there if you need a quick shot of eliquid into the atomizer, but I haven't gotten to the point where I have needed to do that. I'm using 70/30 PG/VG liquid now - I'm sure it will be handy when using eliquid with a higher VG percentage. I'll try that tomorrow.
    Adam likes this.
    Words are fun.

AVF Regular
    Rynxa, the extra features make it worth considering. I was going to post my most recent homeless vape creation, but variable e-liquid feed is impressive. I well understand how smart, precision manufacturing costs heaps, and great vape is worth money.
    shipo and Rynxa like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast