Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dvietrod

Thread: HIS rebuildable atty (Line Clone)

HIS rebuildable atty (Line Clone)

I had ordered the HIS rebuildable from discount vapers. I was quite enthusiastic to get a genesis line clone after watching one of Todís reviews on YouTube. I ordered it on a Tuesday and received it on the Thursday the following week. I opened the package and put the atty together in about four minutes. I put it on the ProVari and I kept getting errors. It seemed to be shorting constantly. The wick wasnít touching the bottom and the Ohms were reading about 1.7. After getting the shits with it I decided to chuck it on the SMOK telescope mod. Soon as I fired the button I could feel extreme heat coming from the mod and then an audible crack coming from the HIS. After checking my battery (AW IMR 18650) I pulled the top off the HIS and saw that the coil was still in tact. I unscrewed the HIS from the telescope and looked at the connector. It looked like a hard struck cartridge. The bottom looked like it had been hit with a firing pin. The thought crossed my mind to ask for a replacement but I decided against it; the cost of sending it back to yank land would have about the same price I paid for the HIS. On a positive note, I quite like the driptip that it came with. The driptip suits the satin ProVari
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

Sounds very much like a dead short that fried the connector, the very first "clue" is the Provari showing an error.
    The second clue is the extreme heat on a device that doesn't have the protection the Provari provides!
    MrGruffy likes this.

Yeah I know. the amount of wire I went through to coil on the bastard to try and get it to work shit me. I kinda knew I'd blow it up on the cheap'o-I don't really care about mec mod, but hey, I like living dangerously. Out of all the gennys I own
    that was a first for me. Apparently if you get a working one they have leaking issues, mine just had a blowing up issue
    Just ignore me and I'll go away.

Starting to realise now what they mean by re-buildable.. It means you should rebuild it totally before you attempt to use it!