Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: help :-(

help :-(

Was switching between aga and cobra today and I think I have switched them too many times (testing new flavors) and first I found I can't screw the aga back on , I thought aga connection thread was faulty then I screw cobra back on. To my horror it wouldn't screw on either! :-(

Went home tried all my atty from stardust to nova and two Novas won't screw on either (one was okay) and if I use 510 510 adapter it's fine too but I don't want to use the adapter

Sonow I use mini did bottom on cobra as it screw fine but I don't know how long before the thread completely give up on me.

Is there anyway I can fix this? Btw I have tried both aga and cobra on my vv passthrough and they screw on just fine so I think my evic thread is the problem

AVF Regular
    ruh roh, sounds like a warranty job to me......

AVF Regular
    oh damn! ummmmm maybe try running your fingers around the threading and also closely inspecting the threads for burrs. If you find it, can get some fine sand paper and get rid of the burr.

2x SS GGTS, 2x GGTS, 2x UFS, 2x Ody + extension kit, 2x GG Slim, GGTB, 2x Provari, Reo Grand Kicked, 2 x cyclone with AFC, ERA RBA, 2x Quasar, 2x Tohb, 2x Zenith V2, Nemesis, Hades, Supermax, Copper Black Stingray JiB box mod and so much more

Super Moderator
    Ahhhh, the good old eVic. Unfortunately, everything about them appears cheap. There is a thread going with a link to someone on eBay who sells 510 taps. You might be able to buy one and re-tap it.

I tried to sort of retap it using the 510 adapter as it grips perfectly fine on the thread but to no avail. I saw that drill set on Ebay for 510 connection but I don't know if I would give it a try. Might check bunnings if they have them at least if it doesn't work I can return it

AVF Regular
    Warranty job. The eVic seems like a great device, until you get one in your hand, then it feels cheap as Dub says.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by silverx View Post
    ... Might check bunnings if they have them at least if it doesn't work I can return it
    Bunnings will not have the required taps (M7x0.5)
    Mushman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

AVF Regular
    Oh no It sounds like your eVics threading is totally stuffed. They should be able to cover that with warranty, maybe contact the vendor you got it from and see what they can do?
    Mushman likes this.
    Words are fun.
    Steam powered and smoke free since January 2013.
    Addiction is bad, let me explain it to you after I finish this coffee.

contacting them now. hopefully it's covered under warranty cheers guys
    Mushman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Sound like the evic thread is worn, so a re-tap will not be effective.
    Mushman likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast