Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lost for choice - nothing makes me happy

Lost for choice - nothing makes me happy

Hi guys
    Over the last few months I have been struggling to find anything that I like. DCT tanks with Smoktech dual coils, top coil clearomizers, bottom coil cartomizers, just dual coils, simple re-buildable atty (Ox from vaping mad)... Do not like any of them anymore =(
    I am vaping on around 5v (give or take) on the variable volt mod (original Buzz). I used to like DCT tanks with Smoktech dual coils, but now I don't - dries out too quick, have to replace atty too often...

Now I am trying everything that I have on hand during the day - but they get bone dry in minutes! I like the idea of bottom coil tanks with replaceable parts, but after a few good puffs it is too dry =( Same with top coil =(

What do you guys use on high volts (~5v)? Can you specify your setup and where you got it from?

Just don't say rebuildable - too much hassle for me. I have tried Boge cartos, but same story - dries too quick.

Thank you

if your attys can't keep up with the wattage you want to use, then you pretty much have to go the rebuildable route and build to suit.
    none of the stock stuff is designed for much more than 6W.
    its either that or turn the volts down.
    still happy with a little phoenix personally, 4.5 turns of 34 gauge, if you went 5.5 turns it would handle 5v.
    davee likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    try this...
    IKV i06 Atomizer

or

try this...
    510 Bridgeless VKS SS Atomizer

get the xlr on i06 only use low voltage...same principle with HR on High voltage

Super Moderator
    Boge carto's are perfectly fine at 5v if you have the correct sized/count holes.

I used to use 100% vg @ 5v on a 3.0ohm boge when i had carto's and it was perfectly fine with 3 holes manually punched... could chain vape the shit out of it without issue!

Quote Originally Posted by tetsky View Post
    try this...
    IKV i06 Atomizer

or

try this...
    510 Bridgeless VKS SS Atomizer

get the xlr on i06 only use low voltage...same principle with HR on High voltage
    Sorry, but will not even comment

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Boge carto's are perfectly fine at 5v if you have the correct sized/count holes.

I used to use 100% vg @ 5v on a 3.0ohm boge when i had carto's and it was perfectly fine with 3 holes manually punched... could chain vape the shit out of it without issue!
    Can you send me a link to where you were getting them from? I assume (hole talk) it was used with a tank?
    What do you use nowadays?

I use tanked Boge SR all day ,everyday on 4.9 to 5.2v. Provari
    Vapes up a storm.
    davee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I use tanked Boge SR all day ,everyday on 4.9 to 5.2v. Provari
    Vapes up a storm.
    Do you drill holes yourself or buy pre-drilled? Where from? I have 2 DCT tanks, but they are the longer version - have to go with XL Boge, otherwise the carto is too short (needs to be around 5cm). VapeBar sells Liquinator tanks, but $30 - c'm on!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SergeyAU View Post
    Can you send me a link to where you were getting them from? I assume (hole talk) it was used with a tank?
    What do you use nowadays?
    Tanked in either a liquinator or a Siam Mods tank.

Got the carto's from VapeBar, but used a punch from siam mods to punch them myself.

Punch can be got from here:

Stainless Steel Carto Punch V2

While you are at it, may as well get this for tanks, it's cheap

Siam Mods Tank Filler Tip

What do i use these days? LR306 (1.7ohm) @ 4v, or genesis, varies from 1.1ohm to 2ohm @ roughly 12w or so.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeyAU View Post
    Do you drill holes yourself or buy pre-drilled? Where from? I have 2 DCT tanks, but they are the longer version - have to go with XL Boge, otherwise the carto is too short (needs to be around 5cm). VapeBar sells Liquinator tanks, but $30 - c'm on!
    I punch my own cartos .... some get 2 small holes, some 3 big ones and other combos.
    It depends on the juice I'm using.
    I've got a couple of Siam but I've got about 8 Liquinators.
    I had to shave about 1mm off all of them to make them fit snug with Reg cartos.
    Some of them are nearly 1 year old and I haven't had to replace any Orings yet.
    They just don't leak, and I suppose you really do get what you pay for, I guess.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast