• 1 Post By Mushman
  • 1 Post By davee
  • 1 Post By bronco
  • 2 Post By tetsky
  • 1 Post By gtadmin

Thread: AGA-T or DID Clone that is the question

AGA-T or DID Clone that is the question

Hey there all!

Just kindly received an AGA-T and a DID clone today and would like to know which to set up first and if possible any tips tricks or really good Tube links I can download while I'm busy atm (I'll keep checking in).

Like what size to cut the mesh,can the AGA-T use wick? as there is some in a baggie with some spares unopened.

I'm heading to the Mancave now to clean up and put down a home-brew then I wanna set one of these bad boys up after that if possible

This will be my first SS mesh style setup.

I have #400 mesh,28G,32(I think..CMB,tetsky?)and some Nichrome 0.16.

Yeah I know,shoulda watched shitloads before but after Friday nights effort,I'm just coming good

Many thanks to CMB and tetsky.

Cheers

Mushy
    Last edited by Mushman; 25-02-13 at 07:11 PM.
    davee likes this.

I'd add my two cents worth, but I'm sure to be drowned out by much more knowledgable people any minute! I know you can use silica wick though. Got one in one of my Mini did's at the moment and it's working very nicely.
    Mushman likes this.

AVF Regular
    AGA-T Setup Thread

a very good thread on how to set up your aga t
    Mushman likes this.

Sweet!

I know how to roll the mesh,oxidise it etc...ummm yeah sorry on a roll here back and forth to the shed and the BREW MUST be done tonight!
    (buggered if I'll drink commercial shite )

I never really looked into the RBA threads as I never thought I'd be able to own one....muchos gracios CMB and tetsky.

Got another one coming from the very kind yatesy too...man RBA overload :-P

Fire away Davee though, you and your chooks arse avatar lol

It came with a little pack (the AGA-T) and it has wick in it, so if that gets me pumpin tonight while I learn more then I'll be a happy chappy.

BTW either of these will be going on the Vamo until the 3.7V Mod arrives from yatesy...then I'll be looking at doing the Cyclon.

Cool!!!!

Anyhow I guess it won't suck itself so back to the brewmaster's shed

Thanks guys.

AVF Regular
    They all works the same imo, i'd prefer AGA-T coz it has clear tanks.. so you can monitor the level of your juice. And... you will notice how your light coloured juice will turn into dark brownish thinggy buwahahahahaha...cough, cough....cough

I roll the mesh just enough to fit through hole and long enough not to touch the bottom and just on level with the + pin. Run the coil on flames till it turns red and i use 3 turns of it. So thats will give me roughly .9-1.2ohms then chuck in onto a mech mod (RAW POWER). Oh.. test fire it first for hot spot...adjust the coil spacing and.... if you can connect the coil to the + pin as close as you can...

RBA all the way
    Last edited by tetsky; 25-02-13 at 08:31 PM.
    Mushman and ozydevil like this.

Set up the one with clear tank first. If both are clear tank then set up did first. The post is closer to the wick hole it will at least help to eliminate hotspot issue caused by distance between them

All taken in so far and thanks heaps guys,gotta keep moving as I have been saving for and finally got a Steam Cleaner to clean my brew stuff after the last one died, as I don't use chemicals...yep I'm anal as but the last 2 batches were getting some contam's....yuck!..so I'm cleaning absolutely everything!! (try living with me...dunno how she does it?)....knocked out the afternoon dose of med crap finally too WOOOOT!!

Much appreciated

Thanks heaps too tetsky for your gifts to me and I hope the Smok RBA got there today too.

I'm busting to get a zillion things done so the AGA-T will be the first RBA then

@silverx,the DID clones are solid not transparent so will go with the AGA-T after I finish the Brew.Also thanks for the tip on which hole to use..ummm yeah that came out slightly wrong ;-) but gotchya on that so thanks.

Cheers!!!

Super Moderator
    Mushy, I just use boiling hot water (straight out of kettle) to sterilise all my home brew equipment and never had a failure.
    Mushman likes this.
    Ignore the Super-moderator tag in my profile, I have resigned from that position but admin have not updated my profile as yet

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    Mushy, I just use boiling hot water (straight out of kettle) to sterilise all my home brew equipment and never had a failure.
    Yeah gt, was doing that while the Steamer was dead but the brew setup's in the back shed and we live near a creek,lotsa dust about.
    I've had these carbouy's for years now too.Unfortunately with the creek nearby comes Rats,Mozzies,Fruit Fly,Fungus Gnats and lots of wild yeasts.

It's a real pain as I wanna set my Myco-Lab back up to grow Gourmet Mushy's and have tried but then even though I built a good perspex glove-box,and the transfer from petri to grain jars goes well, the Fungus Gnats and Vermin are a problem when fruiting.

With the Beer,wherever there's dust there's wild yeast so I need well over 200' C to clean the gear properly...and I'm anal when it comes to me Ale

I drain into mini kegs too, so no secondary fermentation which is a bloody godsend.

I had to re-wick the Vision so I had something to Vape while doing that too and pretty buggered now as I'm on day 2 of no arvo dose....it was hard to concentrate but glad it's now obsolete....next few days will show how it treats me.

Anyhow just had a feed after finishing up and I'll check out the links tomorrow so thanks very much!

I can feel a sweatout coming on.

Kiddies don't do addictive Pharma drugs even if the Doc says It'll be fine.

Thanks for the input guys

Quote Originally Posted by bronco View Post
    AGA-T Setup Thread

a very good thread on how to set up your aga t
    Maan outta the frypan and into the fire!!

Just scanned through the first few pages as this one came from that Co Op and the holes don't line up....hmm this is not going to be as easy as I thought but I'll go through the thread properly soon.

This is what I have and can't seem to find a Tube vid for the DID clone that looks like these 2 on the right and back.

DSC01672.jpg

Certainly no complaints and very grateful for these, will just take time to work all this out.