Sik

Nicotine keeps you thin....

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articl...10/3240145.htm

BUT THERES NO MENTION ITS A DANGEROUS POISON there... Its ok cuz it doesnt look like smoke
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    yeah but as the article says, the effects are very minor. look at us we're both lard asses and evidence that nicotine usage doesn't affect your weight all that much.

its good that the research may lead to actual appetite suppression drugs though.

tas
    Nicotine keeps you thin....
    more lies.....or do you have to be thin to start with?

Nicotine isn't going to change your eating habits or your exercise habits, it simply lowers the amount of cravings you get for food. So it only really attacks weight problems that are due to overeating, and only when the person has the willpower to eat healthily and exercise. If you don't take advantage of the appetite suppressants, they aren't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by tas View Post
    more lies.....or do you have to be thin to start with?
    Nah, you just have to stop smoking, then you put on weight.

Thus it is as correct as anything based on statistical information.

The study mentioned in the article fails to come up with the simple math that while there is a fag in the users mouth there generally isn't going to be food, thus the more you smoke the less you eat.

While nicotine is a mild stimulant and caffeine is used in some weight loss preparations the best way to keep weight off via stimulants is with a member of the amphetamine family as per the currently prescribed (by doctors) duramine and other similar substitutes that are available to the obese. Therefore i propose a new study and headline, Meth keeps you thin.

Total tally on gear, juice and geeky things so far = ~10000 (oops)
    DNA40/Kayfun Whore; Vaporflask/Vaporshark. 3.1, lite, v4 and a bunch of clones. Fetish for cotton and ni200. Freebasing/vaping Attylube GUV. I've caught the dragon.

AVF Regular
    Sik thank you for that link-interesting!.
    as re the weight thing. I read where food stays in the stomach longer when you smoke- smoking giver uppers will attest to the fact that the weight goes on though-it did when I stopped cold turkey, probably an oral thing where people keep putting stuff into mouth rather than the nic itself. well maybe-who knows.

We already knew all that through human studies though, this study is proving that it is a chemical reaction to the nicotine rather than behavioural.

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertylesh View Post
    yeah but as the article says, the effects are very minor. look at us we're both lard asses and evidence that nicotine usage doesn't affect your weight all that much..
    LOL !

Yea i thought it was kinda interesting.... They are just basically proving a fairly common theory, as ex smokers all of us know what the oral fixation is like and it really doesnt have a massive affect on your actual body mass that is, as has already been pointed out, more due to eating and exercise habits.

I just find it interesting that it got media... There is no mention of nic being *Dangerous* etc etc
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    yeah that is interesting. but really the whole study is a bit silly. sure if we had the brain power of a mouse we may not overeat just for the sake of eating.. but anything with a smidgen of will power can overcome that mental chemical effect they are researching.

also, you can make claims that lots of different things will cause you to lose weight, like for example, if you hold your breath... I guarantee that after a few weeks you'll begin to lose weight.. and life :P

rmc
    Damn - I started vaping last Jan, and have actually got fatter.

Back to the Champion Ruby? Naah.