Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Discuss :)

Discuss :)

Saw this comment on Facebook , "I have seen comments about stealth vaping recently, some for, some against. How we behave may effect how/if we are restricted."

Thank about it Stealth vaping may be fun but I myself think we should be careful when doing it where it shouldn't be done.

Dodging the Bullet / ECigWizard Vaping Lounge
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    Out in public, I'll vape the same places I could smoke more out of courtesy than anything. Even though I know it's a truck load better than smoking. Home is different, I feel quite comfortable vaping at home inside instead of having to duck out the back.
    Milkman_ likes this.

AVF Regular
    I vape everywhere but I don't blow vapour at people, probably shouldn't at the doctors - it's where most people ask me about it.

I'll vape in smoking areas only if there are no smokers around, I'm not a smoker and do not want to subject myself to second hand smoke.
    kingsr likes this.

Super Moderator
    I think I am a little "old school" when it comes to where I vape ... I think its important to be respectful in public , even though I might have a "technical" out regarding laws compared to smoking .
    Its a thing that a lot of people forget these days , that when you are at a persons home , or in a persons business , that is their environment , and as such its their rules .
    Its not illegal to scratch your arse in a pub and wipe your fingers on the bar towel , but its not expected and no doubt would be unwelcome
    Education is the key , that and polite respectful behaviour . If a pub owner is approached and asked politely if they mind if you vape , I have had personal experience that many say , yep no worries , the ones who dont , its THEIR establishment and they have the right , so its respectful to follow their wishes .
    I think personally , people blathering on about "Its not smoking ... its my right blah blah blah " do the community a disservice as rather than be exposed and educated to what vaping is , the owner/manager of the establishment is gonna basically say " Well F$%# You " and be anti-vaping out of principle ?

Just my opinion
    Dinosaur that I am
    grouse, Robray, margyb and 11 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    I stealth inside shopping centers/movies/inside restaurants etc but outside I don't care!!

I had to go to the hairdressers yesterday and was dreading sitting in the chair for 2.5 hours without a vape. Luckily my hairdresser is a friend who has seen me vape before and thinks it fantastic. I asked if he minded me vaping, thinking of the other clients and he said "it's not smoking, go for it" so I happily sat there blowing clouds (not massive ones) He showed a few of the staff and the other clients who didnt hear about it didn't even notice.

I think people are just surprised by something they have never seen before and when it gets out there more people will become more relaxed.
    fifthflo likes this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    I stealth inside shopping centers/movies/inside restaurants etc but outside I don't care!!

I had to go to the hairdressers yesterday and was dreading sitting in the chair for 2.5 hours without a vape. Luckily my hairdresser is a friend who has seen me vape before and thinks it fantastic. I asked if he minded me vaping, thinking of the other clients and he said "it's not smoking, go for it" so I happily sat there blowing clouds (not massive ones) He showed a few of the staff and the other clients who didnt hear about it didn't even notice.

I think people are just surprised by something they have never seen before and when it gets out there more people will become more relaxed.
    As a smoker I loathed the biweekly and bimonthly trips to the nail and hair salon - all I could think about for the whole treatment was having a smoke. My new nail salon is cool with it, haven't approached a hairdresser yet!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    As a smoker I loathed the biweekly and bimonthly trips to the nail and hair salon - all I could think about for the whole treatment was having a smoke. My new nail salon is cool with it, haven't approached a hairdresser yet!
    That's the odd thing, as a smoker I would just chain on the way there and be fine. As a Vaper I can't go more than 20 mins or I start to get jumpy!
    jen likes this.
    Vaping and smoke free since March 2012

AVF Regular
    Im still pretty much the only vaper at my work (working on a few more as the other guy i got onto it last week hasnt completely made the switch) i still go out to the smoking area at times to socialize with friends that still smoke im not tempted at all i just stand a little bit away so i dont get foul smelling smoke blown in my face
    http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...12_default.png
    So far only about $1200 spent on vapeing

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post

2.5 hours for a haircut? OMG, must see pics.
    I had a haircut yesterday, number 6 on top, number 3 on sides and back, trim beard, mo and eyebrows. No goop thanks. $20 in n out in 14 minutes.
    Vape before and after, np.
    Winning head!

*Winning head = looks likes like a dropped pie with a short tidy haircut
    izmali likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast