Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AVF Regular

Australia the Nanny Country.

Very good article by Chris Snowdon poiing out out how Australia is now the World Leader in Nannyism.. We now have God help us a "Preventative Health Taskforce" that has recommendations that will prevent any sale of junk food,(described as energy dense low nourishment ) alcohol advertising on TV during any hours people are likely to be watching (wondered how long it would take Nanny to get to alcohol ) take the filters off cigarettes put warnings on beer bottles ban vending machines for cigs ban smoking in apartment buildings private vehicles and "anywhere people are gathered" ..this is in addition to the proposed internet filter and the ban on certain games...add the restrictions on Poker machines that are probably in the pipeline. To make sure we are totally suffocated it's recommending (can we believe) that the Government tax food it deems unhealthy and eat recommended portions.

link to article.http://www.spiked-online.com/index.p...article/10545/

(Chris Snowdon is also the Author of Velvet Glove Iron Fist, a History of Anti Smoking..
    His website is really good if you havnt read it yet I can recommend.. illustrates the nutjob prohibitionists that are masquerading as Health advisors.)

Thanks Gert, that gives me something to read tomorrow...SS has been a bit low on content lately, still waiting for the next "community consultation" with our local MP...

AVF Regular
    The Preventative Health Taskforce forgot to mention banning the Preventative Health Taskforce.

Sik
    Thats a Good Read, thanks for the link Gert. Its pretty sad really
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

Is in every aspect of society really, apart from health they are hell bent on banning 4x4's from being anywhere near a city in QLD, banning bullbars etc. they seem to believe these vehicles are far to dangerous to have in a city. Yet constantly push us to use public transport being a Bus. Personally i would not like to be hit by a bus.

If these Nanny's had their way we would all stay at home on ventilators in padded cells..... The said PPL who regulate this stuff, has anyone ever met them? are they not the minority?... they seem to be very boring ppl with more serious issues than the rest of us..

AVF Regular
    Reading the PDF (The Dark Market) what I find particularly chilling is the fact the the Governments in the UK and Canada use the ruse of setting up taxpayer funded pressure groups to back up its position on various decisions-so that when the MPs ask if a matter has public support then the Quangos and various groups fudge the figures and manage to give the impression that there is overwhelming public support when in fact there is little. They are doing it here as well. So we have the effect that unelected Bureaucrats and members of pressure groups are making decisions for the taxpayers-not the people-
    Its time it was put a stop to.

"Government 'fixing health consultations'
    with taxpayer-funded groups
    The Government has been accused of fixing
    the outcome of public consultations on
    health policy after it emerged that reviews
    were flooded with block votes from groups
    funded entirely by the taxpayer"

sound familiar? and they arent doing it only with Health.

Quote Originally Posted by gert View Post
    Reading the PDF (The Dark Market) what I find particularly chilling is the fact the the Governments in the UK and Canada use the ruse of setting up taxpayer funded pressure groups to back up its position on various decisions-so that when the MPs ask if a matter has public support then the Quangos and various groups fudge the figures and manage to give the impression that there is overwhelming public support when in fact there is little. They are doing it here as well. So we have the effect that unelected Bureaucrats and members of pressure groups are making decisions for the taxpayers-not the people-
    Its time it was put a stop to.

"Government 'fixing health consultations'
    with taxpayer-funded groups
    The Government has been accused of fixing
    the outcome of public consultations on
    health policy after it emerged that reviews
    were flooded with block votes from groups
    funded entirely by the taxpayer"

sound familiar? and they arent doing it only with Health.
    They got their ideas from the series 'Yes Minister'. Just 30 year later 'they' think we forgot. Fcuk them all, I say. Leave me alone.

After reading through a whole heap of that stuff I gave in and ordered a copy of "Velvet Glove. Iron Fist". If anybody is interested in having a read once I'm done just PM me

I am disgusted in the way this country is run. It scares me to know that when my children grow up they will become brain washed zombies that believe what ever bull shit the government will tell them. I am sick of paying taxes to pay people that wont even give us the time of day. who's agenda are they working for, there's or ours? We are like bloody sheep and it has made me sick for years. We live in a dictator run country, not a nanny state.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay55 View Post
    They got their ideas from the series 'Yes Minister'. Just 30 year later 'they' think we forgot. Fcuk them all, I say. Leave me alone.
    Arjay, the Man who wrote that series said "Dont ever think Yes Minister is Fiction-it isnt"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast