Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: A very disheartening interview

A very disheartening interview

Richard Stubbs interviews Rob Moody Professor of Global Health from University of Melbourne and they both look down their noses at those awful vapers who will apparently provide a swirling vortex of a gateway that will suck a new generation of kiddies into the evils of tobacco. I don't even know which is worse the ignorance, misinformation or plain old smugness.

E-cigarette - ABC Victoria - Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)

AVF Regular
    30 seconds in, not even to anything about vaping, already too irritated at the tone to bother listening further.

Absolutely disgusting.

Add Rob Moody to the list of dangerous people that work against the public's health.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 31-05-13 at 01:25 PM.

HA!

In the last few minutes, the whole interview becomes an ad for Champix, and letting people know to make sure they are in close contact with their doctor, because "those pills change your state of mind"!
    GirlyPantz and tally-ho like this.

I don't even know which is worse the ignorance, misinformation or plain old smugness.
    All three rolled into one. I think my head will explode if I have to listen to these oh so smug people anymore.

In the last few minutes, the whole interview becomes an ad for Champix, and letting people know to make sure they are in close contact with their doctor, because "those pills change your state of mind"!
    Yeah, I would have liked to have rung up at that point and asked what do you mean Richard? You mean one of the side effects of this 'approved' drug is death? But hey, it's 'approved' so everything is cool then I guess.
    eteach and mavinry4 like this.

What about the poor vaper being thrown in to cop all that patronising. I mean the guy is trying to finish up his PHD (obviously he must be a stupid weak willed person with no ability to stick at anything...not) AND deal with a anxiety issue and they're reccomending CHAMPIX!!!

AVF Regular
    ok, i haven't listened to the interview. but one thing. we shouldn't jump down peoples throats for simply being wrong. or misinformed. the expert there has no excuse. it's his job to be informed. richard stubbs, not so much. he's faced with someone he's been told is an expert, so is only going with the best information he has.
    lheamfrg likes this.

ok, i haven't listened to the interview. but one thing. we shouldn't jump down peoples throats for simply being wrong. or misinformed. the expert there has no excuse. it's his job to be informed. richard stubbs, not so much. he's faced with someone he's been told is an expert, so is only going with the best information he has.
    It was the smugness of Richard Stubbs that really annoys. Now that smoking is no longer cool, its okay to bag smoking (and smokers) and anything related to smoking such as vaping. Anyone with an internet connection can inform themselves. Stubbs was not really seeking information of the so called expert, was merely looking for confirmation of his prejudices.
    lheamfrg likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pgscott View Post
    It was the smugness of Richard Stubbs that really annoys. Now that smoking is no longer cool, its okay to bag smoking (and smokers) and anything related to smoking such as vaping. Anyone with an internet connection can inform themselves. Stubbs was not really seeking information of the so called expert, was merely looking for confirmation of his prejudices.
    I was going to say this earlier, but was too lazy. Then probably something about journalistic integrity and something about opinion equalling fact more and more and a bunch of other stuff...

Sod it, time to buy some chickens, pack the cat and move to an island.
    JenJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    Love it. Might have to add that to my sig.
    308hjute and Nakor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakor View Post
    http://southanstreetorganics.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast